18910111214»

Comments

• stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    Doh!...........
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
  • TTMCMschine
    TTMCMschine Posts: 684 Forumite
    Indeed. It should continue to rise over the next 18 months. Independent industry estimates are that there will be 228 million households with HD TVs by 2011 - thats a lot of receivers needed.
  • stevemcol
    Character group recovering nicely, then a 25% drop today. :o
  • stevemcol
  • SELL, SELL, SELL LOL

The joys of the stock market, why you should never have all your eggs in one basket, because sh*t happens and when it does the markets will over play it quickly as some lovely hedge fund manager will take the joy of listening and being lightning quick to the news feeds to sell your shares for you, short. The longer it takes people to react to the news the more they lose.

When the flavor of the month is out of favour it can take years of good results before its recognised at its value again.

My stocks are perfoming much better luckily but I know one of them can be wiped out with bad news and I hope I close it quickly if that happens. My risk is between 15 stocks :)
  • stevemcol
    The shares recovered 50% of the losses today and, happily, I managed to buy some more at the lower price.:D
  • stevemcol
    Look what happened today.

73.000 down.gif-65.00 -47.10%

:rolleyes:
  • TTMCMschine
    TTMCMschine Posts: 684 Forumite
    Oh well,
    I was happy anyway :)

Anyhow, in case anyone wants to make some money, or maybe lose some ,depending on how it goes, here's a wild one for you - VIY (Viaology).

Make some mad algorithm (like Google) software that filters out noise from signals so you can see low amplitude signals.

Personally I didn't see a big use for it, since filtering = time delays, and time delays are no good for real time processing, so I'd almost written them off, until..........................

......I discovered they were using the technology to reinterpret seismic sureveys for oil well drilling/identification.

They are wroking with a firm in Texas, have identified 1 well that they have 10% profit from, have results from a second well out this week, and are ready to go on a third.

They're also being approached by a "large" Texas oil firm to look at their prospect, so could become very big indeed.

Share price up from 1.9p to 4.9 p in a month or so, and the share price was around 14p a year ago with no news, & no proof of concept.

So in 18 months they'll be worth???

Good luck, don''t follow me (again!)
  • I got some of those credit card cheques that I usually hate, but the offer is mad. 0.00% APR until June 07 - thats nearly 10 months!

You can get up to 95% of your balance, there is a 3% charge (max £75).

What do you think I'm going to do with it:D

Hahahaha-I have had mine for 15months and then a further 9 (I just rang up and asked when I changed my job and said I could do with borrowing a bit more for a 'potential big purchase, which we in the end decided to use our savings to buy) making my interest free period a grand total of 24 months or 2 years!

Couldn't of got a loan that cheap lol-and I will be paid up in full in 4 months (August) and my interest free runs out in November! 3 months ahead of plan and it hasn't cost me a penny! (other than the BT fee of £20)-bargain...cheers Virgin!

Happy days!
    Loan-£3600 only 24 months of payments to go!!!
    All debt consolodated and cards destroyed!!
    As D'Ream would sing 'Things.....can only get better'!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure