Can I claim money back from the theatre/train company?!

Hello,

This is my first ever post so I hope I am doing this right!

Today we were suppose to go to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in theatre. I booked the tickets last December for Part 1 & 2 for the show today.

Unfortunately we were unable to make the first part of the show for a number of reasons. Firstly, when we arrived at Slough train station, none of the card machines were working and therefore we had to find an ATM and miss our original train. Then when we finally got our train tickets they cancelled all the trains heading to Paddington due to overhead wire problems.

All the waiting and fussing about meant that we were never going to make it on time for the first show so subsequently we decided not to go at all as we wouldn't understand what was going on if we watched only the 2nd show.

My question is does anyone know if I can claim any money back at all? The theatre tickets cost £290 for 2 people and both parts of the show, and the train tickets cost £30. Altogether, it's been a very expensive disappointment and none of it has been our fault.

Any help will be appreciated as we would love to be able to book tickets for another day if we get some money back!

Thank you!

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If your tickets were still valid for the service you intended to take (it's not clear if you bought more or if they were valid on several services) then you should be able to reclaim direct from the train company.

As for the show, do you have any insurance to cover them?
  • The train tickets we bought were London travelcards. Since there were no trains from Slough going into London do you think I can claim some money back?

And I don't think we have any insurance for the show tickets unfortunately!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Without knowing the T&C of the travel cards I would suggest you try to reclaim the cost from whichever company you bought them from, citing the problems with service.

Without insurance I cannot see a way to reclaim the cost of the theatre ticket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure