B&Q to close over-60s' discount card to new applicants - and it'll cover fewer products - MSE News

Former_MSE_Callum
Former_MSE_Callum Posts: 696 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
edited 11 August 2021 at 12:53PM in Discount codes & vouchers
B&Q will no longer accept new members for its over-60s' Diamond card discount scheme from Monday 3 September...
Read the full story:
'B&Q to close over-60s' discount card to new applicants - and it'll cover fewer products'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Leaving aside the amendment of 'less' to 'fewer' in the headline (OK, I'm a grammar pedant), this is probably the end of the limited relationship between this family and B&Q.

The 10% across the board on Wednesdays was the only thing that kept any semblance of price competition going against Amazon and the other online sellers.

Now that's gone (gardening products apart) I doubt I'll ever be seen inside a B&Q again. It was never a joyful experience, so I don't think we'll miss it.

I strongly suspect this will cost them a lot more than they will save.
  • djt12488
    djt12488 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Its a pity but B&Q have been expensive anyway for a long time.

I have not seen the advertised price reductions in store and I don't expect I will as I wont be back after 3/9/18.

In fact many of the same items are available at Screwfix (owned by B&Q) at better prices 7 days a week - and more locally available than B&Q stores - which is where I will be going from next month.

David
  • So again the pensioner has to suffer. Being on minimum pension as are many others, we again have our !!!8220;perks!!!8221;removed by greedy companies. You helped me out quite a few times, but now i too will shop elsewhere. Im not interested in your garden stuff, i want my discounts on paint and wallpaper etc - you will be losing my custom too, and the pensioners pound is a strong one, hate to see B & Q go under!!
  • RED_KEN
    RED_KEN Posts: 15 Forumite
    Toolstation even better value than Screwfix .
  • palh
    palh Posts: 10 Forumite
    No notification rec'd from B&Q. Only found out today. Bye Bye B&Q RIP
  • B & Q now not offering discount on paint?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback