11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE

Comments

• MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    QPR10 wrote: »
    Just popped to say Thank you to those who gave advice re my nieces problem with the school, she rang me in tears this morning to tell me her Grandad, my Dad had died this morning she is really going through it.

I bumped into my neighbour this afternoon who used to be a deputy headmaster, I never thought of him, he has offered to help her.

I won't be around for a few days things to take care of, have a good weekend my friends. I'll try & catch up next week.

So sorry to hear about your Dad, QPR. My thoughts are for you and your family.
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 5 May 2012 at 6:24PM
    Afternoon all a good shop for me today total came to £78.73 after ultibuys etc down to £66.89 then I handed in a £7 off a £50 spend a £6 off a £40 spend a cake price flop voucher and a frozen price flop voucher a £2 JTD voucher, £3 Veg voucher and some MOCS getting down to a grand total of £46.29 SA had no problem with me using two till spits, Also wombled a big till recipt for £135+ quid so will get it in price check later tonight fingers crossed for a JTD result. Football still 1-0

Update 2-0 footie and forgot to say 6 more packs of socks LOL
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Miss_Laid wrote: »
    43 boxes in total will last me around 2 years :)

Fab stash :money:

What sort of store are you finding these in? Not been lucky to find any for 20p. What barcode should I be looking out for? I scanned some without the promotional blue logo on and they were full price in local Extra. :(
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Fab stash :money:

What sort of store are you finding these in? Not been lucky to find any for 20p. What barcode should I be looking out for? I scanned some without the promotional blue logo on and they were full price in local Extra. :(

i paid £1.15 for them in an express the other day....no biggie really cos I needed teabags anyway but at 20p they would have tasted so much nicer

When i was there, they had 2 different packs, one with the blue flash and one without. I went for the one without
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • tigerwhite_2
    tigerwhite_2 Posts: 7,208 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone. Quickly catching up before I have to bath DS in 20 mins. Trip to London to test drive was a complete farce...numerous issues, lack of communication, wide-boys not doing their job, really bad time management on their part (i could go on) and finally the 2 cars I'd requested to drive on Thursday, one had been sold last Sat but they failed to mention to me. I was literally shaking with rage at this point and went to storm out.. but decided against it and asked to speak to manager - think they were worried I'd go into early labour in the showroom!!! I was so mad at the c**k and bull I'd been fed. So the upshot of it is they are bringing a car to me to test drive and I'm not going to north london again!! They couldn't organise a p1*s up in a brewery....
    And breathe.... :D
    Tiger :cool:
    I'm a body double for Claudia Schiffer and i wont get out of bed for less than [STRIKE]£10k per day[/STRIKE] a 1p find
  • barksavingmad
    barksavingmad Posts: 409 Forumite
    Miss_Laid wrote: »
    43 boxes in total will last me around 2 years :)

The other half nearly dropped his early evening gottle of gear when I showed him that photo!!!

Most impressed :T
    DS 17 years :)DD 16 years DS 5 years
    Busy working mum spinning plates!
    With an Itch to Glitch :D
    Proud to be part of MSE life!:money:
    Grocery Challenge
    /£300 :j

• frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Come on you reds
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Just back from Mr T. Got a 84.98 shop down to 14.32 with 4 lots of knive vouchers, a 10 off 80 shop, a 1 off frozen food and a 6.16 jtd. So all my family have a complete set of knives now. I did another shop and got 3 Loreal face wipes and some loo roll came to 16.10 and only paid 6.35 and hope to get a jtd for 8.10.
    There was a lady in front of me doing a big shop and a seperate knive shop. I pointed out that she could use a 10 off 80 voucher before the knive vouchers were applied. So she got 80.95 worth of knives for £13.95. She was really grateful and then realised she had not used another 10 off 80 voucher on her previous shop so went off to cs to sort it.
    Also used my Dwell voucher and got budda butterdish and a gold can canister for 4.95 to pay. Now an evening with my feet up and a bottle of pear cider later once I have put Mum to bed at 10. I dont usually drink ( as my oh was an alcoholic for 26 years) but I am sleeping really badly and thought a drink might help.
  • coffeycase
    coffeycase Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi
    I am interested in any euro huggies coupons if anyone has any they would like to pass on?
    i can send sae and money for postage
    thanks
  • Bananababe
    Bananababe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    tigerwhite wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone. Quickly catching up before I have to bath DS in 20 mins. Trip to London to test drive was a complete farce...numerous issues, lack of communication, wide-boys not doing their job, really bad time management on their part (i could go on) and finally the 2 cars I'd requested to drive on Thursday, one had been sold last Sat but they failed to mention to me. I was literally shaking with rage at this point and went to storm out.. but decided against it and asked to speak to manager - think they were worried I'd go into early labour in the showroom!!! I was so mad at the c**k and bull I'd been fed. So the upshot of it is they are bringing a car to me to test drive and I'm not going to north london again!! They couldn't organise a p1*s up in a brewery....
    And breathe.... :D

Damn you got them told. What a peace of nonsense. Hope the car is worth all the stress. And breathe ..... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure