Options
1234568»

Comments

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 December 2019 at 5:42AM
    Options
    Well I have been struggling to find out what the exclusions are to this new clubcard plus. There will obviously be some like lottery (always excluded) pharmacy? alcohol? who knows until you get to the till & don't get the discount you expected.

Had another look at this. Can't do it anyway as I don't have a fancy expensive phone. As that would cost me more than I can save via this offer I think I will pass!
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »
    Well I have been struggling to find out what the exclusions are to this new clubcard plus. There will obviously be some like lottery (always excluded) pharmacy? alcohol? who knows until you get to the till & don't get the discount you expected.

Had another look at this. Can't do it anyway as I don't have a fancy expensive phone. As that would cost me more than I can save via this offer I think I will pass!
    You don't need a fancy expensive phone, just any old smartphone running iOS or Android. Obviously buying a smartphone just for Clubcard Plus will take a while to pay for itself though.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »

Our first plus shop came to £120 and we got £9 discount. I presume products already discounted, such as children's toys etc, aren't included in the 10% discount, similar to the likes of B&Q.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Our first plus shop came to £120 and we got £9 discount. I presume products already discounted, such as children's toys etc, aren't included in the 10% discount, similar to the likes of B&Q.
    Be aware that different combinations of vouchers work best in certain orders. i.e. it's best to use the "big shop" 10% off before using any other money off vouchers. We used this method with other vouchers we had to get about 50% off some clothes last week.
  • General_Grant
    Options
    DragonQ wrote: »
    You don't need a fancy expensive phone, just any old smartphone running iOS or Android. Obviously buying a smartphone just for Clubcard Plus will take a while to pay for itself though.

For some of us any smartphone is fancy and expensive.
  • nickcc
    Options
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Be aware that different combinations of vouchers work best in certain orders. i.e. it's best to use the "big shop" 10% off before using any other money off vouchers. We used this method with other vouchers we had to get about 50% off some clothes last week.

We didn't use vouchers just bought children's toys that were already discounted.
  • Big_G_28
    Options
    10% reward not woking in App
    Since joining the app for 10% has never worked, great for me as i get 10% off every week, i have to go to customer service and get cash back to cover the app not working
  • nickcc
    Options
    Big_G_28 wrote: »
    10% reward not woking in App
    Since joining the app for 10% has never worked, great for me as i get 10% off every week, i have to go to customer service and get cash back to cover the app not working

I used the app on my phone for the first two big shops, four weeks later the two big shop buttons, which should have returned, had disappeared. When I went into my clubcard plus account it said that my payment method had been terminated, something I certainly hadn't done. I have now used one of my Visa debit cards and the two big shop buttons reappeared so I used one of the big shop buttons this week and it worked ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure