Tesco announces Clubcard Plus loyalty subscription service - MSE News

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what version of Android the latest Tesco Clubcard app needs?

I'm thinking of going for this £7.99 a month for 10% off shopping because I normally shop at Tescos anyway (usually spending £40 - £60 a week).

The trouble is, I have a rather old mobile phone now - it's at Android version 4.4.4

from here - requires 5.0

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tesco.clubcardmobile&hl=en_GB
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dlusman wrote: »

Thanks.

Well, that's no good to me then. Minimal savings actually - and likely to be a bit fiddly to manage at the til.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Well, that's no good to me then. Minimal savings actually - and likely to be a bit fiddly to manage at the til.
    Not really, you just scan a coupon every other week. The main annoyance really is that phones don't tend to scan as well as paper so it can take a few tries.
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If you signup to this, where does the £7.99 a month come from, do you add a payment method when you subsribe?

If so does that have to be a c/card or could it be bank details?

Also, can you choose the date the payment comes out or does it come out immediately and then on "the day you subscribed" every month?

Thanks
  • DragonQ
    Fella wrote: »
    If you signup to this, where does the £7.99 a month come from, do you add a payment method when you subsribe?

Also, can you choose the date the payment comes out or does it come out immediately and then on "the day you subscribed" every month?

Thanks
    The only option I saw was credit or debit card. Subscription starts immediately and your "month" (during which you get 2x 10% off vouchers) starts on the day of the month you first subscribe.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fella wrote: »

Thanks

In our case the subscription came from the card we already had registered for home deliveries.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Subscription starts immediately and your "month" (during which you get 2x 10% off vouchers) starts on the day of the month you first subscribe.

see post #60 for slight difference to this in Tesco T&Cs
  • Haarlem
    Haarlem Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anyone having problems using self scan shopping with:-
    Points not always being added to Clubcard account.
    Extra point vouchers not being accepted.
    Double point vouchers not being added, but shown as actioned.

Some weeks it works other weeks not.
    Store staff say it is causing a lot of problems.

Any solutions?

Thank you
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    yet another tesco policy punishing home delivery customers.

Logically people will only sign up for this if they save money so the scheme will lose money in the sense that people who are subscribed will pay less for their shopping, but will gain in the sense that tesco will gain customers.

Ultimately this means this scheme needs to be subsidised, whether thats from non scheme customers or from home delivery dont know.

Its shocking the direction tesco has gone in under the new CEO.

Sku's on website roughly 1/4 of what they were in 2015.
    20-50% of items on website on average unavailable or out of stock each week.
    Special offers mostly limited to bulk buying to suit families but not single people.
    No bags with deliveries.
    Fee added for orders below £40
    Guaranteed dates on average 2-3 days less than 3 years ago.
    Use by dates usually half of competitors.
    The only supermarket who has decided to remove BBD.
    Removed the only useful thing from the clubcard website (uber)
    Points accrued at half rate.
    Its been a very aggressive drive to increase profits.

I had a read of mumsnet only yesterday, and the people on there have said the date's issue is not just for home deliveries but in store also, so e.g. one lady said she would go into the supermarket on a saturday/sunday to get salad to last the week only to find it has a use by date for tuesday at the latest, she found lettuce going off whilst in the store. Another person said they went around the store with a marker pen marking everything that was short dated, but eventually stopped doing it as they said it was getting excessively bad.
  • DragonQ
    Don't most people who do their weekly shop online have more choice though? There can't be that many people that only live within one supermarket's delivery range, so you can at least choose somewhere other than Tesco if you think the online delivery service is lacking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure