PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Cranky, may I join in too. I weigh 12stone 121/2lbs having put on 4lbs over Christmas and would like to lose 10lbs over this challenge .I have lost 2stones but this has taken me 2 years and now I feel like moving my weight loss a bit faster .Hopefully joining you all will give me the support I need. thank you for starting us off
  • monks
    monks Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for starting challenge. May I join too please. Have 10lb to lose, another one who as put 4lb on since Christmas eating left over bits. Made the effort to go back to gym this weekend, got out of habit last few weeks..felt like hard work but know will feel the benefit soon. My down fall is snacking when can't be bothered to cook and picking in evening. Do much better when have food already prepped in advance so can just heat up. Good luck everyone.
    Annual GC £3000- £2600

EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 0/7
    Clutter free challenge 1500/2019
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gosh we are growing fast. The more the merrier :)

Welcome SIRENS, MrsLottie and monks.

Some of you I know from previous times on this thread and some from elsewhere but its good to make new friends too. SIRENS, I follow slimming world as well. At the moment I'm putting the £5 a week I would spend on fat class into a tin towards new running shoes. I need to be gait corrected so the ones I have aren't cheap :o

MrsLottie - I'd like more than a stone this year too.....Hello monks, good to see you here. My downfall (or one of the many) is also snacking. Nobody told me how hungry running would make me. That's fine if I have healthy stuff ready, which I don't always remember to do.
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

big5 _______0/14
    Cranky______0/11
    dumpling____0/14
    Ginmonster__ 0/0
    monks______0/10
    MrsLottie____0/10
    Munchin____ 0/14
    SIRENS_____0/14
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, Cranky, and thanks for starting us off.

I won't be starting immediately as I have 2 ridiculous weeks ahead of me (nothing nasty, just lots of hours of work, one son has a college interview, another a uni open evening, I'm starting a new voluntary post etc - and the roof man will be here!!)

When I do start, I'll be back on the Blood Sugar Diet (hereafter the BSD) as I lost 2 stones on this last year.

I'll be close to 13 stones on starting and am 5 foot 7.
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Hello Frith, we'll still be here when you're ready to start. Any one of those things would have my nerves in tatters so good luck for everything!

I've had 2 weeks off running because I had a minor chest infection. I've only managed to go once so far this month and before that Christmas happened so I haven't been regularly for a good while. I'm still coughing but only a little bit so I'm going tomorrow and I have the feeling that it's going to be very interesting....
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, may I join too please? I'd like to lose 14lbs for this challenge, although there will be more to come after that!
    Healthy eating and exercise starts tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    I would love to join in, if that's ok? I have 18lb to lose by September so for now I will go with 10lb not sure if I can but try I will 🙂
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I'd like to join in please. I used to post but haven't for a few years. In fact I just went to edit my signature and all I had to change was the year as my start weight and target were identical - the only difference being it was dated 2016!!

I tend to stick to a low carb diet rather than counting calories, although the app I use does tot up the calories too. Before Christmas I'd got down to 9st 7lb but I couldn't resist the chocolates we kept being given at work and suddenly I was back up to nearly 10st. As I'm only just 5 foot it tends to show. I am fairly energetic and play tennis, walk and go to exercise classes but obviously I need to monitor what I'm eating a bit better. Hopefully, posting here will help me become more accountable. I would like to aim for a 7lb loss over the next ten weeks.

I think my main downfall is adding cream to my coffee so that will be my aim for this week - to cut the number of coffees down and drink more lemon and ginger tea.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Good morning all,

Welcome dandy-candy and Doing it my way and Rose Wood, I'll add you all to the list.

Feel free to post your daily menus and/or your trials and tribulations here as well as your success. It would be good if this could be a support group for weight loss rather than just a record of gains and losses.

I feel as though I should set the record straight about my running too - it doesn't actually help with weight loss that much. Any doctor will tell you that what you eat is way more important than exercise. My GP says that you don't have to do any exercise at all. I started running because in September 2017 I fell down five stairs at home and hurt my delicate hypermobile skin so badly that I had a three inch open wound between my knee and my ankle. It took 4 months to heal over and once I'd recovered enough I started to look for ways to improve the circulation in it (it's never going to be completely ok). I decided running was the answer. It didn't make me thin, it just made me very hungry :rotfl:

There's a temptation when you've been running to think that you must be able to eat more because of what you've done. Marathon runners can I expect, but not me and my dodgy joints running a couple of miles very slowly. Please don't get the idea that I'm some kind of super fit person. I'm still very overweight and once I get into the running thing again I will also be very hungry :rotfl: Just remember if losing weight was that easy there would be no need for this thread and we'd all look like Twiggy :D

Have a good day all of you and tell the rest of us what you're up to. I'll be doing some knitting because that keeps my hands and brain busy. I know that dumpling sometimes knits stuff too. Anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure