Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Comments

• angecull31
    angecull31 Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tizzy79 wrote: »
    Hiya Angecull31,

Just a quick note, as I used to work as a oversea rep and we where responsible for health and safety checks (most areas of inspections).
    Ask haven for copies of these reports, also gas appliances are HIGH risk and must be serviced by qualified staff and as such have a valid safety certificate.
    Did you take photos and / or ask for a move?

Hiya,

I most certainly did take photos. The ones that I have sent them and a lot more besides just incase I need them later on!!! I didn't ask to be moved though as by the time that I had noticed most of these things we had all unpacked and to be honest I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of moving, we were also hardly ever in the caravan as we were usually away on days out etc. but its the principle of the thing more than ever now.

The perfect example would be to imagine going on a shopping trip to Tesco's. You would expect the shop to be perfect condition in every way ie. shelving in place and not falling down, cleanliness etc. and if there are any problems at all that they would be rectified before the shop opens for business and not that they would only get fixed if a customer pointed out the problems to them! So why should this be any different?

Angela
    !!!!!! happens!!!:D
  • tizzy79
    tizzy79 Posts: 437 Forumite
    angecull31 wrote: »
    Hiya,

I most certainly did take photos. The ones that I have sent them and a lot more besides just incase I need them later on!!! I didn't ask to be moved though as by the time that I had noticed most of these things we had all unpacked and to be honest I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of moving, we were also hardly ever in the caravan as we were usually away on days out etc. but its the principle of the thing more than ever now.

The perfect example would be to imagine going on a shopping trip to Tesco's. You would expect the shop to be perfect condition in every way ie. shelving in place and not falling down, cleanliness etc. and if there are any problems at all that they would be rectified before the shop opens for business and not that they would only get fixed if a customer pointed out the problems to them! So why should this be any different?

Angela
    Hi Angela,

Make as much noise about it as possible. Another thing which could perhaps help is either emailing or writing to "The Judge" at the Sunday Mail. He is very helpful at getting replies and companies dont like bad press. Keep us updated!

Tracy
    :A The toughest form of mountain climbing, is getting out of the rut! :A
  • bimsbims
    bimsbims Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Time for a fresh new thread, a continuation of THIS thread.

This is a chance to share your success stories of contacting companies as a matter of a complaint, compliment, or simply requesting a freebie.

I recently sent an email to our companies sponorship department for any olympic material they could spare, and i recieved 2 dozen sport drink bottles, and a load of inflatable wave sticks.
    It actually arrived by external post, with a postage paid label to the value of £9.60!

I also sent an email to the British Olympic Association, and recieved half a dozen large posters, and also a dvd-rom all about the olympic movement.
    hello, I am new to this thread, will like to know what companies sent u the drinks and also how u emailed to get the perfumes and others?did you use the sites or from your email address?. please will like you to PM me the companies.Thanks
  • chloecc
    chloecc Posts: 239 Forumite
    ged1980 wrote: »
    have you had a problem with these brands?

no, not had a problem with ant of them, just didnt know the gist of the letters people write for freebies :confused:
    "He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money." Benjamin Franklin
  • recieved my £30 vouchers from pc world but not even a sorry letter and to admit they were in the wrong
  • Lymmbo
    Lymmbo Posts: 68 Forumite
    I would also be grateful if you could give me an idea as to what to put in e-mails to companies.
    Thanks in anticipation that somebody will answer as I think there are a few of us now who are interested.:question:
  • i have recently got £15 pizza hut vouchers as i ordered a take away and it was horrible i just emailled them via there website and £10 from sainsburys as my eggs were broken and potatoes not fresh.
  • jacktyler
    jacktyler Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Dandy_Lion wrote: »
    recieved my £30 vouchers from pc world but not even a sorry letter and to admit they were in the wrong

:rotfl:don't hold your breath!

i used to work for them :o and i know what they're like!
  • ShelBell
    ShelBell Posts: 502 Forumite
    Emailed Andrex to comment on the Aloe Vera toilet rolls and received £5 of vouchers from them :)
    Weight loss to date - 8st 13lbs :j
  • :rotfl:don't hold your breath!

i used to work for them :o and i know what they're like!

they are such a rubbish company the customer services were a waste of time they told me my complaint was all my fault so then i sent a letter to head office and they phoned me to see if i would be happy with the £30 vouchers, i think i will write to them again to see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure