Do Royal Mail still give 'non delivery' cards ?

2»

Comments

• girlchops
    girlchops Posts: 331
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Custardy,
    Obviously you're right about RM procedure but my depot will release with Tracking number and 2 forms of ID. At least one has to have photo and or address on other if there's no red card. With red card they just ask for signature!!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    I took some items in for my neighbour and when I finally managed to get them to open their door (nearly 2 days later) they were surprised I had their goods- they had had no card to say they were left with me - all that had was tracking saying 'item delivered'.

I claimed INR on an ebay item and my ISP had to send me a another router as the 1st did not arrive. More than 6 weeks later my neighbour said ive got some parcels of yours..

They popped them in the cupboard and forgot about them for over 6 weeks...

No card at that time either.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,124
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    dj1471 wrote: »
    Yes they will, you can provide the tracking number instead. Alternatively they will redeliver if you have neither.
    Nope - I went for something (last year), but they would only redeliver.
  • I don't trust my neighbours personally, if I'm expecting something that wont fit through the letter box and have no expected time or date of arrival and I'm out or whatever I leave a note on the door saying "please don't leave with neighbour, I'll organise re-delivery" which works great for me and now that my local posties know me they know what I prefer. Too much theft known from leaving with neighbours in my area.

I've always had to have the card if I have went to collect the following day mind, never just the tracking number.
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,489
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    girlchops wrote: »
    why don't you send them the tracking number and advise which delivery office the parcels are at.

I actually did this (yesterday) but as yet iIhave heard no more ... not even a thank you from the buyer
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    I don't trust my neighbours personally, if I'm expecting something that wont fit through the letter box and have no expected time or date of arrival and I'm out or whatever I leave a note on the door saying "please don't leave with neighbour, I'll organise re-delivery" which works great for me and now that my local posties know me they know what I prefer. Too much theft known from leaving with neighbours in my area.

I've always had to have the card if I have went to collect the following day mind, never just the tracking number.

You can opt out

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/delivery-to-neighbour-opt-out
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    Forumite
    I called into my local depot to collect a parcel and whilst there picked up a card to be completed - "Nominate a Neighbour", giving RM authority to leave items with your chosen neighbour if you're not home.

No need to leave a note on the door declaring to all and sundry that the house is unoccupied.
  • Oh thanks for the link above, I've never been told that before.

I don't want to nominate ANY of my neighbours at all, that was the reason for the note and everyone would not know, I live in a building with secure entry systems, where 3 other people live, hardly everyone eh.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    Forumite
    Love the box tell us why you wish to opt out.

I wonder how many put their neighbours are untrustworthy crooks who would steal the shirt off your back never mind the postie handing them your items.

:)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure