Shaped ring.

So I have a really awkward shaped engagement ring. I need a ring similar to this: https://www.weddingrings-direct.com/ring/twist-shaped-wedding-rings-designed-to-wrap-around but the ones I've found so far have not matched it perfectly. Any ideas on anywhere that will make a plain white gold band at a reasonable price that would fit the ring?

Thanks!

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Assuming that you're asking because you don't want to use this company, it a bit difficult for anyone to suggest somewhere as we don't know your location.
    I know where I'd go to have a ring made but that's not much good to you if you live at the other end of the country.

Have you asked in any local independent jewellers?
    Is there a manufacturing jewellers anywhere near you?
    Are you close to Hatton Garden or the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham?
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i also vote independent jewellers, or there's a few companies online i've found where they send you a little casting kit where you make an impression of your ring and they design something that way! Etsy is also fab for independent jewellers for things like this.
  • If you are struggling with an independent, have you tried Goldsmiths Jewellers? They actually have a lot of shape moulds they can work with cast in the metal of your choice, and one of their (very!) unusual ones fitted my ring perfectly. They had a lot of choice to fit around a lot of strange shapes (including like the above).
  • Fuzzy_Duck
    Fuzzy_Duck Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 April 2019 at 11:13AM
    There's a more affordable version here:

https://www.orlajames.com/side-curved-ring/

I bought my wedding ring from them and they have a sample service so you can check it fits properly before ordering.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It would be worth trying something in person if you haven't already - even if it's not a perfect fit it might confirm that you do indeed want a shaped band.

I thought I did, but when I tried one on I didn't like it. I ended up with a gentle V shaped band instead, so there is a gap, but it's not massive. It also means that I can wear my band on it's own if I want to without it looking weird. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure