Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE

Comments

• lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    sax11 wrote:
    I think a lot of people will

they'll be grateful of the new members and traffic
    ...and this forum will get along just fine with the never ending new people joining.

Cutting out the dead wood is never a bad thing :D
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    For anyone hating it, they have now added the option to revert to the old one (however a MSE team member said "for now" so whether this will be removed later I dont know).

On left hand side there should be a portrait thing, click it and go to "full profile". Then over on the right hand side, click "settings". Now on the left side right down the bottom, there is an option for "version manager" click that and then select "old style"

** Actual words may vary slightly as I'm doing it from memory and I can't switch back to the old one to check as it gives me a migraine.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Its gone all trendy twittery social media'ish Google minimalistic.... with white backing its too bright with lots of trendy nasty grey texts (I loath this trend). We don't all have a 17 year old's eyesight!!

They won't pull the plug on it because someone's put a lot of work or money into developing it so won't admit its a mistake. Not sure I will be bothering to come back.. to eye-straining!

There is no evidence of either of those things having happened :D
  • Auntycaz
    Auntycaz Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I hated it. It was far too bright and made my head ache, but if you don't like it you can change it back. For the time being anyway.
  • glennamy
    glennamy Posts: 2,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi, FWIW I just wanted to say that in my previous career that I use to roll out new IT systems & interfaces to users, and in approx. 90% of cases (instant feedback - day 1 - 2) people did not like the new layout, however over time, (usually - day 10) as the users got familiar with the layout that figure would reverse to approx. 90% ended up liking the new layout. :D

Please remember I am not saying anyone's opinion is wrong, but people are initially very much against 'change' and prefer 'familiarity'.

Be kind! :rotfl:
    Can't Smile Without You
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    lovinituk wrote: »
    I voted love it! I genuinely like it!

Everyone is taking it all far too seriously! Its just like the complaining on Facebook every time they make a change! Then all those complainers get used to it and then complain again about the next change! Change happens peeps - get used to it! There are other forums you can go and use if you don't like it ;)

I do understand there are those who like it.

But given most people seem to be saying the same thing (its giving them a headache after just a short time viewing it) I don't think thats something we're going to get used to :)

Forums are supposed to be user friendly. Given the magnitude of the hostile reactions not just today, but when they "piloted" the new layout some months ago and that the complaints are pretty much the same from every user....i'd suggest its not user friendly ;)

Shooting yourself in the foot comes to mind.

A solution to keep everyone happy would be to allow customisation of colour scheme.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    glennamy wrote: »
    Hi, FWIW I just wanted to say that in my previous career that I use to roll out new IT systems & interfaces to users, and in approx. 90% of cases (instant feedback - day 1 - 2) people did not like the new layout, however over time, (usually - day 10) as the users got familiar with the layout that figure would reverse to approx. 90% ended up liking the new layout. :D

Please remember I am not saying anyone's opinion is wrong, but people are initially very much against 'change' and prefer 'familiarity'.

Be kind! :rotfl:
    The voice of reason - well said glennamy.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    lovinituk wrote: »
    ...and this forum will get along just fine with the never ending new people joining.

Cutting out the dead wood is never a bad thing :D
    Hmm. Thats pretty offensive. I understand there's jokes, I understand there's often a lot of complaining about newness - but there's a genuine issue here with the lack of colour, its hurting people's eyes. If that amuses you, possibly thats an indication of how the forum will end up, after the ones you're so dismissive of actually leave.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I do understand there are those who like it.

But given most people seem to be saying the same thing (its giving them a headache after just a short time viewing it) I don't think thats something we're going to get used to :)

Forums are supposed to be user friendly. Given the magnitude of the hostile reactions not just today, but when they "piloted" the new layout some months ago and that the complaints are pretty much the same from every user....i'd suggest its not user friendly ;)

Shooting yourself in the foot comes to mind.
    What glennamy just posted above is so true. It happens regularly on Facebook when they make changes. Literally millions of people complain about the new look but are still using it days/months/years later. Then they get used it and complain again about the next change. Its human nature to dislike change but some people cope better than others. After all, its only a forum - nobody has been hurt or killed over it!

Most of the people complaining now will still be here in months/years to come.
  • lovetowinacar
    lovetowinacar Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It is awful, too bright and very difficult to read.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure