Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Coxy11
Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
Hello all,
Welcome to the opening of the 2019 Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe. I've renamed the cafe to include 'craft' as lots of us do other crafts as well as cross stitch.
We love to see your makes, so please do post photos so we can see your lovely work.
The 2018 cafe thread is here
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766731
Here's to a productive year!
Coxy
Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24

Comments

• Coxy11
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2019 at 4:53PM
    So here is the new thread for 2019! Hope to see lots of photos and updates throughout the year (speaking to myself here of course!).

My goals are:
    1.[STRIKE] Finish Collecting Shells that I started 10.1.16 (yes I am sad enough to keep a list)[/STRIKE]
    2. [STRIKE]Finish my crocheted blanket[/STRIKE]
    3. Make some exciting and beautiful cross-stitched Christmas cards for my buddies (so I don't get embarrassed by lack of time/skill/inclination in December 2019)
    4. Frame gingerbread trio for Christmas 2019
    5. [STRIKE]Resist temptation to take out yet another 5 for 5 issues subscription as I have far too many projects waiting to be started as it is (nmm I'm looking at you here tut tut!)[/STRIKE]
    6. Take photos of progress and update the thread regularly
    [STRIKE]7. Finish RSN stumpwork 'Beehive' design
    [/STRIKE]8.[STRIKE]Finish Pretty Little London[/STRIKE]
    9. Finish and frame Pretty Maids in a Row for Christmas 2019
    Will add to this list as the year goes on but that's enough for now!
    Happy crafting everyone :)
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,280
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon,

I've been AWOL for a long time, must start posting again.

Do MSE still insist they hold copyright to any pictures we post and that they can use for whatever they want? That's why I stopped posting before.

x
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Hi JCS1, good to see you posting. I have no idea about the copyright question? Annoyingly I have started this thread on the wrong board - have asked the mods to move to 'Crafting'.
    Look forward to your updates throughout the year.

In other news, a poorly knee has seen me crocheting with my foot up for most of today (what a shame...). Blanket coming along nicely though :)

Coxy x
  • JCS1
    Forumite
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Hi JCS1, good to see you posting. I have no idea about the copyright question? Annoyingly I have started this thread on the wrong board - have asked the mods to move to 'Crafting'.
    Look forward to your updates throughout the year.

In other news, a poorly knee has seen me crocheting with my foot up for most of today (what a shame...). Blanket coming along nicely though :)

Coxy x

Plus side to the poorly knee :-)

i've started a baby girl birth record for a colleague whose baby is due March.
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,380
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, JCS1 welcome back, which birth record design have you decided on?

Coxy, love the new title, glad the sore knee has an upside :rotfl: Your goals are all doable, in my defense to number 5 its only money saving if you were going to purchase them anyway :p I have so much stash to use up and 1000's of patterns, I don't think i'll subscribe either.
    I agree with number 3, I too leave them to last minute then give a rubbish pre-bought card. Maybe we could start a monthly card challenge it can be for any occasion. On that note, my first birthday card made this week and already given to a friend.

45617657985_d7a3e214d3.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,380
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    _party_ Happy New Year to all the cafe members new & old.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Happy New Year everyone!
    We spent the evening with friends and got home around 2.30am. Just got back from BILs and now relaxing pending work for the rest of the week :(
    Might do some more crochet tonight - I've done about 1/3 of the main blanket now. The edging looks challenging so not looking forward to that!
    nmm - love the card, so cute.
    JCS1 - I'd forgotten about the photos issue. I'm boring in that I only follow designs/patterns rather than create my own, but understand your point about personalised items. I've done some anniversary and birth samplers before and didn't photograph them on here for that exact reason.
    Have a good evening all,
    Coxy x
  • JCS1
    Forumite
    Evening,

It's this one:

https://www.sewandso.co.uk/product/unicorn-and-rainbow-baby-sampler-cross-stitch-kit/2007888

not much to show at the moment, just lots of shades of pink. Suspect it's one which will look like nothing until the batch stitch is done.
    x
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    That's lovely JCS1, looking forward to seeing your progress. More crocheting for me tonight as it's nice to have the blanket on my lap - a win win as it's very cold tonight! I still have my gingerbread candle from Christmas - not quite ready to see the back of the festive season yet.
    Coxy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure