Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

If i do not get a satisfactory response and compensation that is due as per confirmed with my solicitor i have been advised to escalate this to the Civil Aviation Authority.

I don't think this is going to make much of a difference - what do you expect or hope the CAA will actually do? The best outcome from engaging the CAA is that they say they agree compensation is payable but that they cannot oblige the airline to pay.

If the airline won't agree to pay compensation, and you think it is due under the regulation, then you will have to take them to court. You can either do this yourself, but it requires you to do quite a bit of work, or you can instruct a No Win No Fee lawyer (who will keep about a third of your compensation).
  • cazza007
    cazza007 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Can I claim if easy jet said that one of their crew members was sick and had to reduce the number of passengers on my flight from Dalaman to Manchester and then they put me on flight to gatwick which arrived at gatwick 2 hours later than my original flight and then sent a taxi to get me to manchester. The total hours that I was delayed getting from Dalaman to Manchester was over 7 hours.
    Thanks in advance.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes. Crew sickness is not an EC. You have, effectively, been denied boarding, as well as delayed. Read Vauban's guide and get your claim in.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • cazza007
    Thanks was just a bit confused as they actually got me back to the uk within the 3 hours .
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cazza007 wrote: »
    Thanks was just a bit confused as they actually got me back to the uk within the 3 hours .

But not to your actual destination - and that's what counts.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I filled in the Easyjet on-line claim form on Sunday 12th and I've just had an Email saying they're looking into it.
    They say it'll take 7 days to get the reason for the delay from Operations before making a decision.
    So, at least something is happening.
  • ReefDebt
    ReefDebt Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning.
    Our Easyjet flight was cancelled as soon as we arrived at the airport. Upon speaking to customer services we were advised the cancellation was due to staff shortage.

We had the option of rescheduling the flight however there were none up until Monday so we have requested a refund using the easyjet website.

Our return journey was via another airline and accommodation was booked via a travel agent.

Am I right in thinking I am only able to claim the refund and NOT any compensation from easyJet? Even for things like food and return taxi travel back home.
    And could i claim from my travel insurance for my return journey and accommodation.

Thanks in advance I greatly appreciate your responses
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You are also due compensation for the cancelled flight. As far as your taxi fare etc are concerned take a look at your insurance policy
  • ReefDebt
    ReefDebt Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You are also due compensation for the cancelled flight. As far as your taxi fare etc are concerned take a look at your insurance policy

Thank you for your reply. Il get to it.
  • cazza007
    Submitted a form on easy jets site to start the ball rolling for a claim, but have not received a confirmation as yet, anybody know how long it normally take to get a reply or even an acknowledgement?
    TIA
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure