Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 9th Jul 04, 12:44 PM
    • 8,116Posts
    • 42,310Thanks
    MSE Martin
    Toe Separator Champagne Challenge
    • 9th Jul 04, 12:44 PM
    Toe Separator Champagne Challenge 9th Jul 04 at 12:44 PM
    For some reason !: many MoneySavers seem to have an excess of toe separators!!! (see here)

So this is the toe separator champagne challenge. !Whoever can come up with the most creative, interesting and practical use for a raft of these little things will win a bottle of champagne!

Closing date July 20th (however im not quite sure whether i'll make it a site poll to decide the winner or just pick it myself!)

UPDATE
    And the winner is....

Well I chose the one that made me laugh the most. And you will probably all disagree, but it was toastie girl with

"Send them all to Boots - they will make nice padding for the walls of the cell for the person who thought of this promotion "

So the champagne goes to her
Page 3
  • Edinburghlass
    Re: Toe Separator Champagne Challenge
    Marigold, in true MSE fashion, if you check out the Freebies board you can apply for Rapstraps which you could use as straps for your toe separator flip flops..........should you ever actually make them ;D
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 11th Jul 04, 3:55 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    Marigold123
    Edinburghlass - an excellent idea! Would you believe it I actually have a packet of rapstraps in my kitchen drawer right now? (Sadly no toe separators, though!)

No problem, Sheel, we're obviously twin geniuses (genii?) thinking along the same lines! ;D

• divadee
    • By divadee 12th Jul 04, 12:10 AM
    • 10,452 Posts
    • 17,891 Thanks
    divadee
    a mobile for a nursery perhaps
    • divadee
    • By divadee 12th Jul 04, 12:11 AM
    • 10,452 Posts
    • 17,891 Thanks
    divadee
    or a comb for someone with dread locks!! ;D
  • elfmay
    interlock them an glue together to make a great float/bouyency aid! !;D

( ps sooo not recommended! ! )

• MA
    I have to say that it's really made me laugh to read through all of these. What an imaginative/mad (delete as applicable!!!) lot you all are!

Well racked my brains last night and this morning came up with the perfect answer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It is no longer a toe separator, now it is a "multi page book marker" to mark all my favourite pages in The Money Diet obviously :. Perhaps creeping might help - do like a glass of champagne when reading!!
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 12th Jul 04, 1:03 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    Marigold123
    What an imaginative/mad (delete as applicable!!!) lot you all are!
    I think we're 'delete as applicable'! ;D
  • lauraw78
    A place for mice (and other small animals) to park their bikes!
  • archived user
    Hi
    How about, ahem, taking them back to Boots and paying for them again!!!! Surley they won't mind taking another 49p for something they have already sold, and it will save them restocking for you, not to mention all those extra, extra points!!

later

great site

Dr Magic
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 16th Jul 04, 12:05 AM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    Marigold123
    How about, ahem, taking them back to Boots and paying for them again!!!! !Surley they won't mind taking another 49p for something they have already sold, and it will save them restocking for you, not to mention all those extra, extra points!!
    I love it - I wish I had thought of it first! : It's perfect, like a wonderful perpetual motion, money-saving (money-generating, even) machine, magically making 51p for you on every item, each time it goes round. You could even go back again to a different till and make each shopping trip really count. You would be quids-in, for virtually no effort.

It's also the ultimate in re-cycling!

Please, please tell me you've done this - I'll be so disappointed if you haven't!

I shall definitely vote for this as the ultimate money-saver, if Martin decides to make it a vote. 8)
  • archived user
    Flog them on ebay for 30p plus the cost of a first class stamp for delivery. That way you can make even more money on them. People will buy anything on ebay. Last week someone paid 1.40 Plus 80p P&P for a 1 Coin.
  • archived user
    Know any beauticians - sell them to them.
  • debs
    Glue some of them together and use them to hold my bottles of Turning Leaf white wine, purchased from Sainsbury for my free flight. No more clinking bottles in the boot. Works a treat and yes I have tried it.

Debs.
  • archived user
    [img][/img]You could use some of the extra points made when purchasing said toe separators to buy dental floss, and use this to string a load of them together, and hang in the doorway as a snazzy and very functional door curtain. :

Or you could stick a few together and use them as a letter rack, or a decorative plate support.

Or you could pop one in your mouth on those sad bad Mondays to help your face to keep smiling when you really don't feel like it. :'(

Or you could post a lot of them through the neighbours letterbox to wind up the dog (and the neighbours)!!!! >
  • archived user
    I think the best thing to do with the Toe Separators is to go back to Boots and see if it is possible to get a refund on them. I have known in the past that some stores have given me my full refund with out deducting the Points.

I wonder if they would do this when they advertise a "Buy one and get one Free" offer? Keep the "Free" and get a refund for the bought one!

Martin A
  • stella
    hello all - some fantastic suggestions!

my idea though would be to use them to construct an avant garde sculpture, and an accompanying video installation charting the project from conception to completion, and the whole thing would then be entered in for the Turner Prize for a chance to win 40,000... ;D
  • Alice_B
    Use as packing material instead of polystyrene chips

• archived user
    Thanks for your appreciation, I'm just the ideas man (I don't dare carry out my own suggestions) :P.

It would only start another competion, to find the best use for hundreds of Boots plastic bags ;D

Besides being the first person arrested, and having to explain "shop dropping" (not lifting).

I love it - I wish I had thought of it first! !: !It's perfect, like a wonderful perpetual motion, money-saving (money-generating, even) machine, magically making 51p for you on every item, each time it goes round. You could even go back again to a different till and make each shopping trip really count. You would be quids-in, for virtually no effort.

It's also the ultimate in re-cycling!

Please, please tell me you've done this - I'll be so disappointed if you haven't!

I shall definitely vote for this as the ultimate money-saver, if Martin decides to make it a vote. !8)
  • archived user
    stick them together and use them to stop the door closing on your small persons fingers!
  • Tania
    Sell on ebay as Second Hand Foot Separators to someone with a foot fettish - after "trying" them all on. People pay serious money for strange stuff.
    Oohh eerr Mrs.

Don't think about what happens after they receive them - each to their own.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,876Posts Today

8,423Users online

Martin's Twitter