Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 9th Jul 04, 12:44 PM
    • 8,116Posts
    • 42,310Thanks
    MSE Martin
    Toe Separator Champagne Challenge
    • 9th Jul 04, 12:44 PM
    Toe Separator Champagne Challenge 9th Jul 04 at 12:44 PM
    For some reason !: many MoneySavers seem to have an excess of toe separators!!! (see here)

So this is the toe separator champagne challenge. !Whoever can come up with the most creative, interesting and practical use for a raft of these little things will win a bottle of champagne!

Closing date July 20th (however im not quite sure whether i'll make it a site poll to decide the winner or just pick it myself!)

UPDATE
    And the winner is....

Well I chose the one that made me laugh the most. And you will probably all disagree, but it was toastie girl with

"Send them all to Boots - they will make nice padding for the walls of the cell for the person who thought of this promotion "

So the champagne goes to her
Page 2
    • Frogling
    • By Frogling 9th Jul 04, 5:07 PM
    • 1,155 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Frogling
    Re: Toe Separator Champagne Challenge
    I'm going to use them to line the walls of my bedroom so that I can bounce around safely when the children (my darling little tadpoles) have driven me up the wall!
  • mink35
    Can't think of a single useful thing for them but isn't it fun reading all the others!!! ;D ;D ;D
  • GuinnessGirl
    Combs for bald people
    • Munkee
    • By Munkee 9th Jul 04, 5:51 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Munkee
    Donate them to a local primary school. If the teachers turn them so that the prongy bits point upwards, they can use them on a freeze board for a grass effect. ! !;D
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 9th Jul 04, 6:23 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Tony H
    f making Re: Toe Separator Champagne Challenge
    I would like to take the opportunity to thank S_G for the inspiration for this suggestion......

Cover the front of car with them, this will have the effect of making the car "Stealth" to police speed radar guns. Thus you will be able to speed without fear of prosecution..... Ummm, not sure about the PINK though. The secondary benefit of doing this is that should you suffer a puncture.........

Raises his champagne flute to toast S_G ;D ;D
  • Addy

For educational purposes. Puncture each segment with big dirty holes to demonstrate to your children what will happen if they don't brush their teeth.
  • elfmay
    i am getting creative and cutting them up and using them as printing shapes with my toddler.
    we are covered in paint but happy!

He is gonna save me loads of cash at christmas as he is gonna print cards and giftwrap for me! ;D
    lol! I've done that too........! :
  • elfmay
    brainwave alert! use them as loft insulation! either interweave them or cut up and sprinkle liberally (like perlite!) therefore yet more moneysaving on heating bills! ;D
  • toastie_girl
    Send them all to Boots - they will make nice padding for the walls of the cell for the person who thought of this promotion
  • toastie_girl
    Fashion a large number of them into a foam passenger look-a -like, making those motorway trips quicker when the new car-sharing lanes come in.
  • toastie_girl
    Put them into a large bag labelled "Pretzels" and send them........(do you see where I'm going here) :
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 11th Jul 04, 1:04 AM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 12,964 Thanks
    thepearce
    How about........ using them as an "ornamental ridge" for the roof of a doll's house As they're foam it'll make the edges safer too
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 11th Jul 04, 1:12 AM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 12,964 Thanks
    thepearce
    You can use [buying] these [as a means to]........ bring a to the checkout operator's face, or maybe just baffle them :-/???, and ......get chatting to them 8).........ahem....if that's something you'd like to do

If you want to cheer yourself up show the checkout person your points receipt and watch their face

• lauraw78
    Pink Foam Turrets...yes that's right. Why not use them as pink foam turrets to finish off that pink foam castle you have been working on for twenty five years now. You know the one for that Action Man Doll you got for Christmas when you were seven. Just make sure he doesn't get too curios with his Eagle Eyes and leans over and falls off. This could be misinterpreted as a plastic-doll-military-based-suicide and have all the press around your house asking sensitive questions to Barbie and Ken; and god forbid the Steve Austin, Six Million Dollar Man figure with his super telescopic eye and steel girder. You all know I'm right.
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 11th Jul 04, 4:13 AM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 12,964 Thanks
    thepearce
    How about cutting the heart shaped pieces off each and then dropping these in an ice cube tray to make probably quite nice looking ice cubes....... not to be put in drinks directly, but placed in the bucket containing a nice bottle of oh, I dunno....champagne?

So that's the ice sorted - now where can I get some champagne ;D

Romantic, or cheap? ....and can you possibly have both :

Mmmm - champagne and strawberries...... or maybe champagne and Natural Collection strawberry shower gel. :P
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 11th Jul 04, 4:15 AM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    Marigold123
    Before flying with CutPrice Airways, sew them all over the inside of your jacket, so that if the plane crashes in the sea you have a built-in flotation aid, thus preventing a heart-attack when you discover there is no lifejacket under your seat!

(Just re-read that before pressing the 'post' button. Getting a bit gothic, I think. Time for bed!) :
  • dark_star
    Amuse your family and friends by stuffing them in your cheeks and saying "You come into my home...you give me no respect" in a godfatherly manor !;D
  • kookie
    Perhaps they could be recycled back to Boots, give those of us who still have smudgy toes a chance?? Never any stock there when I've looked.
    Can you get arrested for giving things back?

• lauraw78
    If you, like me, thoroughly enjoyed the blockbuster movie Fight Club with Mr. Brad Pitt, but are afraid of violence in real life. Then why not do what I did and invite a few good friends around for crisps and fizzy pop and use them as soft knuckle dusters for your very own, if not quite camp, Fight Club. It can be a whole lotta fun without the pain contained in that blockbuster movie, and also on DVD for your home viewing pleasure. You never know, you may just find yourself being mistaken for Jennifer Aniston from "Friends" the popular and successful American sitcom fame's sometimes bearded husband when going for a cup of tea to your kitchen by your mum... and other older members of your family! It could be a life changer!
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 11th Jul 04, 2:43 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    Marigold123
    Snap! !Great minds think alike, Sheel! !(See my post on page 1 of this thread.) ! !My bum could definitely do with one of those cushions - my computer chair is not the comfiest!

And another idea - glue a load together into a long loaf, cut to the shape of your foot, (using a pair of sandals or flip flops as a template), attach a strap across the toes, (canibalised from free luggage straps from a catalogue or something). !Stick on some sparkly bits from broken costume jewellery, and you have a pair of fabulously glamourous holistic massage sandals to impress your friends and family with. !8)

Word of warning for straight blokes: !Don't wear these out in public. !They're rather 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert', don't you think? !:

Tip for gay blokes and girls: !Wear them out in public. !

BTW, does anyone think I'm getting carried away with the massage theme here?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note - Apologies to any gay bloke reading this who finds it a tad too stereotypical. I don't really think all gay blokes like pink sparkly flip flops. And conversely, some straight blokes might enjoy them!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,402Posts Today

7,970Users online

Martin's Twitter