Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jadring
    • By jadring 23rd Aug 05, 9:57 PM
    • 1,278Posts
    • 14,259Thanks
    jadring
    Smirnoff mini fridge
    • 23rd Aug 05, 9:57 PM
    Smirnoff mini fridge 23rd Aug 05 at 9:57 PM
    I think everyone who wins a mini fridge should add their name to the list.

I won one on Monday.
Page 3
    • jockettuk
    • By jockettuk 1st Sep 05, 7:48 AM
    • 5,691 Posts
    • 7,843 Thanks
    jockettuk
    I have won first time too :-)

BUT when I reply my phone says 'will not send-unknown recipient.

I replied directly from the winning text (81222) with WINNER FORENAME SURNAME HOUSE NO POSTCODE.

Any ideas please to get my fridge?

Lou
    by Louiseuk25
    when did you try .. last night.. we had major thunder and lightning storms went on for hours and all our mobiles wouldnt work.. try again as thats how i replied to my winnning txt.. best they have your details more than once than not at all
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
    • bluedog
    • By bluedog 1st Sep 05, 11:06 AM
    • 494 Posts
    • 1,088 Thanks
    bluedog
    I won one too on about my 5-6th attempt. has anyone received theirs yet or know how long it takes for them to arrive please? (daughters birthday looming at end of month!)
    • Louiseuk25
    • By Louiseuk25 3rd Sep 05, 8:38 AM
    • 529 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    Louiseuk25
    Thanks Jockett...have tried again today and it has gone through fine. Probably was the thunderstorms then!!!!

Any ideas when i will get the fridge?

Lou
  • smartie-rolo
    l won on Wednesday. Lets hope they all arrive!
    • stedwell
    • By stedwell 3rd Sep 05, 9:33 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 352 Thanks
    stedwell
    I have tried about 8 times now and have not received anything back at all. Do you get a message back to say if you haven't won? I wonder if for some reason my texts aren't going through. I am on Fresh from carphone warehouse and I know it's hard texting competitions sometimes. Does anyone else have this problem?
    • jockettuk
    • By jockettuk 3rd Sep 05, 9:38 AM
    • 5,691 Posts
    • 7,843 Thanks
    jockettuk
    Thanks Jockett...have tried again today and it has gone through fine. Probably was the thunderstorms then!!!!

Any ideas when i will get the fridge?

Lou
    by Louiseuk25
    havnt a clue lol either they going to wait till it ends sometimes mid sept or they probably send them out in bulk but would imagine they coming snail mail so probably within 28 days is the norm..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • scottishchick27
    I applied last Sat night and never got a response till Monday morning. Didn't win though.
  • madscientist
    I won on forth attempt but I bet I never receive the fridge just like i never received my 10 from the muller comp.
    by Bladesharp
    I never got the cheque so I sent them an email with my mobile number and address and the cheque arrived a week later. Then a few months after that I got a text asking if I had received it.....it might be worth you sending them an email!
  • msdl28712
    i won i won i actually won whooooo
    2008 Wins Jan Jimi Hendrix Live at Monterey: The Definitive Edition on HD DVD 12.98, 10 amazon voucher, 10 amazon voucher, 10 amazon voucher,500 love2shop voucher, 10 amazon voucher,dvd and chocolate 8.12, Portable dvd player + town called eureka boxset 126
    Total 687.10
    • Louiseuk25
    • By Louiseuk25 3rd Sep 05, 4:43 PM
    • 529 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    Louiseuk25
    havnt a clue lol either they going to wait till it ends sometimes mid sept or they probably send them out in bulk but would imagine they coming snail mail so probably within 28 days is the norm..
    by jockettuk

By which time it will be winter and wont need a cooler to keep things cold :-)
  • HGLTsuperstar
    I am still drawn to this thread, despite having refrained from texting for a whole 3 days, but there is only so much willpower one can have....just one more try...
  • sfboy
    Keep going! Surely if you send 50 text that's 5 for a 30 fridge!

BTW do you get any beverages in the fridge?
    • smartiepants
    • By smartiepants 4th Sep 05, 11:21 AM
    • 491 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    smartiepants
    I won one for me and another for my Husband, my neice texted too and she won aswell all within a few mins of each other
    • stedwell
    • By stedwell 4th Sep 05, 11:55 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 352 Thanks
    stedwell
    I have sent so many texts and no reply whatsoever! We could really do with a little fridge for camping. I know I have asked before but can any one tell me - do you always get a reply even if you haven't won??
  • cherylbushell
    found this on ebay today looks quite nice if it is the one we will be getting.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMIRNOFF-ICE-SILVER-MINI-FRIDGE12v-240-v-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ7542969308QQcategoryZ71261QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
    • smartiepants
    • By smartiepants 4th Sep 05, 12:18 PM
    • 491 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    smartiepants
    """do you always get a reply even if you haven't won??"""

Stedwell, I don't know if you get a reply if you don't win, but it was fairly quick receiving the congratulations you've won message, not more than about two mins. as said before, I texted, then my husband and my neice too, all within a few mins and we all won first time. Good luck if you try again.
  • trops
    I've just won a fridge too!!!
    Well actually my other half has just won one. I too have sent in so many texts but not won a sausage, yet he won after his 5th text. Oh well didn't want two fridges anyway!(might have to have just one more go to see)
    Thanks for this!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • andreboyle
    Is it over
    Hi all,

I thought that this was finished now?!

Dre
    ... and that's all I have to say about that.
    • Secret Lady
    • By Secret Lady 4th Sep 05, 10:54 PM
    • 721 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    Secret Lady
    Smirnoff Fridge
    I won one on my second attempt, will post if & when I receive it....
    • cazzybabe
    • By cazzybabe 6th Sep 05, 12:18 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    cazzybabe
    Yesssssssssssss
    at last i have won one - it took me nine attempts over about 5 days but got it in the end.
    keep saving
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

101Posts Today

1,733Users online

Martin's Twitter