Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Boag695
    • By Boag695 14th Sep 19, 7:08 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Boag695
    IKEA issue - any help?
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:08 PM
    IKEA issue - any help? 14th Sep 19 at 7:08 PM
    We bought a house conversion in June 2015. Part this purchase from building company was a fitted IKEA kitchen, which included Fridge, Cooker Dishwasher, all fully integrated.

We have had issues approximately with Dishwasher 1 year ago twice. Phoned IKEA and asked for warranty to apply, they asked for proof of purchase and explained situation and they sent someone out. Dishwasher eventually fixed.

Same scenario has occurred this year. Fridge not working correctly. Phoned IKEA again, explained situation as to why no purchase receipt. They sent out engineer in June who thought he had corrected situation. Last week whole family including two kids under 5 unwell and transpires fridge not fixed and running warm. All food in fridge dangerous and thrown out. Phoned IKEA again and engineer sent out, this time he states blockage in fridge and its unfixable, IKEA will contact to arrange replacement.

They say as no proof of purchase warranty not valid despite 4 engineer visits.

We have all the instruction/installation manuals of every item in kitchen including Fridge which clearly states 2014 was when this item introduced. Thatís 5 years ago. The item carries a 5 year warranty. We bought the house new with all these items unopened and not switched on. They have 4 times effectively stated a warranty in place - surely this cant be fair.
Page 1
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 14th Sep 19, 7:20 PM
    • 23,383 Posts
    • 58,535 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:20 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:20 PM
    Have you looked at the terms of the warranty, does it mention whether the right warranty can be transferred with ownership?
    Mrs Marleyboy

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 14th Sep 19, 8:39 PM
    • 31,005 Posts
    • 64,844 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 14th Sep 19, 8:39 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 8:39 PM
    Wrong board I'm afraid. red?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 14th Sep 19, 8:44 PM
    • 2,679 Posts
    • 2,315 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 14th Sep 19, 8:44 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 8:44 PM
    They say as no proof of purchase warranty not valid despite 4 engineer visits.
    Originally posted by Boag695

And what do the company you purchased from and hold the legal responsibility say?
    • Boag695
    • By Boag695 14th Sep 19, 9:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Boag695
    • 14th Sep 19, 9:57 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 9:57 PM
    Hi sorry I’m a new by so if in wrong board can you advise where I should be. We bought the house from a relatively small house conversion builders. Engaging solicitor to get their details. Surely if they have sent out 4 engineers under warranty they then can’t claim it’s not a valid warranty claim?
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 15th Sep 19, 6:27 AM
    • 4,580 Posts
    • 11,918 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 15th Sep 19, 6:27 AM
    • 15th Sep 19, 6:27 AM
    Hi sorry Iím a new by so if in wrong board can you advise where I should be. We bought the house from a relatively small house conversion builders. Engaging solicitor to get their details. Surely if they have sent out 4 engineers under warranty they then canít claim itís not a valid warranty claim?
    Originally posted by Boag695
    They can simply claim that their repair visits have been goodwill gestures on their part. Proof of purchase was initially requested by them as necessary for a warranty claim - something you don't have. Even if you can get the property seller to accept any liability then they don't have to replace your fridge - a refund would be an acceptable remedy and they can reduce that to reflect the four years of use you have had, so likely a very small sum. Sorry, but it looks like you will need to shop for a new fridge.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

86Posts Today

1,947Users online

Martin's Twitter