Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • betsybee
    • By betsybee 12th Sep 19, 9:20 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    betsybee
    Groupon - Do I have any chance?
    • 12th Sep 19, 9:20 PM
    Groupon - Do I have any chance? 12th Sep 19 at 9:20 PM
    Hi

I just wanted to gauge opinion on if groupon are likely to help me out here or not.

Back in June I ordered four vouchers for a 10 chili.com gift card and one adult cinema ticket. So I should have received this four times.

In order to get the cinema ticket (the only thing I wanted in the first place) you had to redeem the voucher via groupon then you would get an email with another code to redeem on the chili.com website which then would allow you to get the cinema ticket. Quite a convoluted system really but there it is.

There was a deadline to redeem on groupon of the 31st August. You then had until 15th Sept to redeem on the chili website and then it gave a deadline of October to actually use the cinema ticket.

I went through the whole process and used two cinema tickets in July.
    When I tried to use the other two codes from groupon on the chili website it says the codes have already been used. Not by me they haven't!! And my chili account is only showing a 20 credit so I can prove I haven't used these codes.

Now I redeemed on groupon within the timeframe given but it's quite hard to explain to them what's happened. They are just quoting that it's past the deadline of August 31st so there isn't anything I can do.

Anyone know where I can go from here? Is there a phone number for groupon so I can try and explain the situation more clearly? Or a supervisor email account? I just don't think the email support people are quite getting what is going on.

Thanks for reading this far!
Page 1
    • born again
    • By born again 13th Sep 19, 2:20 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    born again
    • 13th Sep 19, 2:20 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 2:20 PM
    So you bought 4 x 10 vouchers and redeemed them on Chilli site. So that would give you a balance of 40, correct.
    You have since used 2 x tickets = 20.
    That would leave a balance of 20, which you have said is showing.

Are you sure that you have tried to use the same codes again?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Sep 19, 9:28 PM
    • 35,054 Posts
    • 22,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:28 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:28 PM
    OP I do wish you luck in using Groupon, I got bitten once and haven't since returned, just not worth the effort.
    • born again
    • By born again 13th Sep 19, 9:32 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    born again
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:32 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:32 PM
    If you do a google, there are a couple of UK numbers.
    • Lip_Stick
    • By Lip_Stick 14th Sep 19, 4:34 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 5,892 Thanks
    Lip_Stick
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:34 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:34 PM
    So you bought 4 x 10 vouchers and redeemed them on Chilli site. So that would give you a balance of 40, correct.
    You have since used 2 x tickets = 20.
    That would leave a balance of 20, which you have said is showing.

Are you sure that you have tried to use the same codes again?
    Originally posted by born again
    The cinema tickets are separate to the 10 Chili credit. I agree that the op could be putting the wrong codes in and are redeeming the ones already done. Or perhaps a digit is wrong or something. The system for redeeming is bloody confusing though so perhaps a step has gone wrong somewhere.
    There's a storm coming, Cameron. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
    • Lip_Stick
    • By Lip_Stick 14th Sep 19, 4:58 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 5,892 Thanks
    Lip_Stick
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:58 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:58 PM
    Betsybee, did you go to https://chilicinema.zenaispromo.it to redeem the 2nd lot of codes, rather than putting them into the Chili site which is just for the odeon voucher codes?
    There's a storm coming, Cameron. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
    • born again
    • By born again 14th Sep 19, 6:42 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    born again
    • 14th Sep 19, 6:42 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 6:42 PM
    Betsybee, did you go to https://chilicinema.zenaispromo.it to redeem the 2nd lot of codes, rather than putting them into the Chili site which is just for the odeon voucher codes?
    Originally posted by Lip_Stick
    It's amazing that someone signs up and posts asking for advice and then 2 days later has not responded to any of the questions asked.
    Would you not be checking for replies?
    • Lip_Stick
    • By Lip_Stick 14th Sep 19, 6:52 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 5,892 Thanks
    Lip_Stick
    • 14th Sep 19, 6:52 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 6:52 PM
    It's amazing that someone signs up and posts asking for advice and then 2 days later has not responded to any of the questions asked.
    Would you not be checking for replies?
    Originally posted by born again
    You'd think they would, yes. Perhaps they have sorted in one way or another and just been distracted. Would still be good manners to give thanks for any advice or help.

I recently wrote a long post to someone's thread about holiday experiences. He didn't have many replies, and never bothered with a thanks or even no thanks, but he had been on the forum. Rude. Why would you post asking for advice then not have any courtesy to those responding? Oh well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

30Posts Today

3,214Users online

Martin's Twitter