Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • purple_pixie
    • By purple_pixie 11th Sep 19, 2:03 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    purple_pixie
    Seller-PayPal dispute
    • 11th Sep 19, 2:03 PM
    Seller-PayPal dispute 11th Sep 19 at 2:03 PM
    Hello
    I sold a pair of boots to a buyer on Depop 3 weeks ago. They were brand new in the box and only tried on once. A couple of days ago the buyer sent me a message stating that she wore them to a festival and the heel snapped off so now she wants a full refund.

A couple of points:

1.The boots are heels and completely inappropriate for walking round a muddy field so she has used them improperly
    2.She admitted in her message when they arrived she wore them which implied they were fine when she put them on
    3.She claims they broke within 15 minutes of putting them on, however it has been 3 weeks since she claimed she wore them and they broke yet she is only now disputing the transaction

The boots cost me 80 pounds and I own a pair myself which I have worn without problems.I have not responded to her dispute yet as I am unsure what to say.Any advice on what to respond would be appreciated; as far as I am concerned they broke because she wore them to an inappropriate event and now she is trying to take it out on me?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 11th Sep 19, 5:13 PM
    • 4,671 Posts
    • 6,263 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 11th Sep 19, 5:13 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 5:13 PM
    Never heard of Depop. Are you a private seller or selling as a business? Did you state any sort of returns policy?

If she's instigated a paypal dispute, presumably you need to respond of they may award a refund automatically. I'd repeat what you've put here; that she didn't use the boots for their correct purpose.
    • born again
    • By born again 11th Sep 19, 5:16 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    born again
    • 11th Sep 19, 5:16 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 5:16 PM
    Never heard of Depop. Are you a private seller or selling as a business? Did you state any sort of returns policy?
    Originally posted by Aylesbury Duck
    Depop is where the world's creatives come to buy, sell and discover the most inspiring and unique things.

Ie, another mobile app to sell stuff on.
    • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    • By the_lunatic_is_in_my_head 11th Sep 19, 5:24 PM
    • 2,605 Posts
    • 1,550 Thanks
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    • 11th Sep 19, 5:24 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 5:24 PM
    Hello
    I sold a pair of boots to a buyer on Depop 3 weeks ago. They were brand new in the box and only tried on once. A couple of days ago the buyer sent me a message stating that she wore them to a festival and the heel snapped off so now she wants a full refund.

A couple of points:

1.The boots are heels and completely inappropriate for walking round a muddy field so she has used them improperly
    2.She admitted in her message when they arrived she wore them which implied they were fine when she put them on
    3.She claims they broke within 15 minutes of putting them on, however it has been 3 weeks since she claimed she wore them and they broke yet she is only now disputing the transaction

The boots cost me 80 pounds and I own a pair myself which I have worn without problems.I have not responded to her dispute yet as I am unsure what to say.Any advice on what to respond would be appreciated; as far as I am concerned they broke because she wore them to an inappropriate event and now she is trying to take it out on me?

Thanks
    Originally posted by purple_pixie
    Paypal offer a chance for buyers to raise a SNAD claim but don't offer a warranty, which side they will fall on with this could be either way, screenshots of the messages stating they were worn to a festival might help your case.
    • purple_pixie
    • By purple_pixie 11th Sep 19, 6:42 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    purple_pixie
    • 11th Sep 19, 6:42 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 6:42 PM
    Are you a private seller or selling as a business? Did you state any sort of returns policy?
    Private, just selling something on that didn't fit me

screenshots of the messages stating they were worn to a festival might help your case.
    She mentioned it in the dispute she opened so PP will see it, thankfully

Thanks everyone for your replies so far
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,405Posts Today

6,904Users online

Martin's Twitter