Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cotys
    • By cotys 7th Sep 19, 10:15 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cotys
    account switching: Nationwide FlexPlus to __?
    • 7th Sep 19, 10:15 AM
    account switching: Nationwide FlexPlus to __? 7th Sep 19 at 10:15 AM
    Hello everyone. I'm looking for advice to switch accounts. I have 3 current accounts at the moment: Barclays (main account for bills and everyday spending) and 2 Nationwide (FlexDirect and FlexPlus - both used as savings accounts).

I'll be keeping the Barclays account as I'm getting good rewards from them (12/month - I have a mortgage with them) and their mobile and online banking are good. I plan to switch the FlexDirect account to Barclays as soon as the 5% interest rate on the FD account ends. This will give me triple rewards for 12 months, if I switch before 30 Nov. So far so good.

I was planning on keeping the Nationwide FlexPlus account for the insurance benefits and also for the 3% interest rate, but I've recently realised that Nationwide will soon remove the 3% interest rate and will no longer be offering linked regular savers at 5%.

These are the perks that still make the FlexPlus appealing to me: ww travel insurance, mobile phones insurance, breakdown cover, free cash withdrawals and purchases abroad. The monthly fee is 13. Any account out there beating this one? And possibly one that comes with a linked regular saver with high interest rate? Or if not, with a good interest rate for the account?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Sep 19, 10:46 AM
    • 6,602 Posts
    • 4,429 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 7th Sep 19, 10:46 AM
    • 7th Sep 19, 10:46 AM
    13 for all of that is still good regardless of the missing interest.

Especially if you have a joint account as you would each earn the same benefits for the same amount per month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,370Posts Today

7,922Users online

Martin's Twitter