Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RevolutVictim
    • By RevolutVictim 22nd Nov 18, 4:14 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RevolutVictim
    Revolut Card
    • 22nd Nov 18, 4:14 PM
    Revolut Card 22nd Nov 18 at 4:14 PM
    I have used two applications for international transfer. I would like to share my experience on both. Be aware of @revolutApp thieves! They stole 180 from my bank account. If you need to transfer money abroad with good exchange rates, use @transferwise. They do not set traps. Simple, straightforward, transparent, intuitive user interface.

Help me put social pressure to corporate bullies. Please retweet this:
    twitter.com/tozen/status/1065237815628349440
Page 2
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 27th Nov 18, 2:07 PM
    • 5,596 Posts
    • 21,562 Thanks
    Merlin139
    I got a Revolut card for a holiday in Cyprus and we used it for purchases of fuel, meals, drinks, food, presents and duty free at the airport before flying home. So easy to add to it when we wanted to empty the duty free shop.

Used the small balance left on it when I had finished down at the local lidl. Have 3p left on it!

If only I could still get a curlywurly for 3p!

Would recommend the card to everyone. Never used it to draw any money out.
    • scottishbank
    • By scottishbank 27th Nov 18, 4:36 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    scottishbank
    You can withdraw 3p to your bank account via ban transfer functionality and it is free to do:-)
    • dont_use_vistaprint
    • By dont_use_vistaprint 27th Nov 18, 6:38 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    dont_use_vistaprint
    Don't make that mistake, have a backup or two in case of problems, sorting then out with Revolut (or any card) can take time/cost. Starling, Monzo, etc
    Originally posted by eDicky
    I have backup in terms of people I can count on, I really just prefer not to carry my bank cards or AMEX particularly in cites like Lagos, Douala, Bangkok etc.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 27th Nov 18, 7:24 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 1,232 Thanks
    dj1471
    You can withdraw 3p to your bank account via ban transfer functionality and it is free to do:-)
    Originally posted by scottishbank
    No you can't, there's a 1 minimum.
    • Chino
    • By Chino 27th Nov 18, 8:03 PM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 750 Thanks
    Chino
    Their staff are very multi ethnic, their CS staff in Krakow command better English than most Brits from my experience, and I suspect that they do well to avoid too much ethnic British participation.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    From what you're saying it appears that Revolut's staff are predominantly Russian. Hardly "very multi ethnic".
    • dont_use_vistaprint
    • By dont_use_vistaprint 27th Nov 18, 8:41 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    dont_use_vistaprint
    I got a Revolut card for a holiday in Cyprus and we used it for purchases of fuel, meals, drinks, food, presents and duty free at the airport before flying home. So easy to add to it when we wanted to empty the duty free shop.

Used the small balance left on it when I had finished down at the local lidl. Have 3p left on it!

If only I could still get a curlywurly for 3p!

Would recommend the card to everyone. Never used it to draw any money out.
    Originally posted by Merlin139
    Save those pennies, occasionally they do promotions where you can earn gifts or enter prize draws by sending 1p to friends! :-)

Drawing local currency is one of the main benefits, its fee free and uses live spot rates.

Same ATM:
    Barclays Visa, 1=387 N + Non Sterling Trans fee $1.49 + Cash Fee 1.50
    Revolut 1=462.4232 N Fees: 0.00
    Last edited by dont_use_vistaprint; 27-11-2018 at 8:48 PM.
    • scottishbank
    • By scottishbank 27th Nov 18, 9:12 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    scottishbank
    No you can't, there's a 1 minimum.
    Originally posted by dj1471
    I didn't know that - thank you
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 28th Nov 18, 7:44 AM
    • 4,938 Posts
    • 3,035 Thanks
    eDicky
    From what you're saying it appears that Revolut's staff are predominantly Russian. Hardly "very multi ethnic".
    Originally posted by Chino
    What I actually wrote was saying that the founders of Revolut are ethnic Russian. Both of them are, and staff are recruited according to their talent, from various ethnicities,, South Asian, Chinese, various European, Russian etc. That's my own observation.
    • vikkiew
    • By vikkiew 30th Nov 18, 8:26 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    vikkiew
    According to his Twitter, the OP is/was a Parliamentary Candidate. Can't expect a budding politician to provide you with any evidence. Just do as they tell you
    Originally posted by colsten

OP is confused in life. Lib Dem candidate but Erdogan fan. Turkish nationalist but retweeting Kurdish propaganda.
    • 1Foz
    • By 1Foz 7th Sep 19, 11:47 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    1Foz
    Can the Revolut card can be linked up to Curve? (for the added incentive of top-ups counting as purchases instead of cash advance/withdrawals). Also, does it offer recurring/auto top-ups rather than me having to load it up each time? Looks like a good card, especially for abroad. Is it really 9 days for delivery?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by 1Foz; 08-09-2019 at 12:26 AM.
    • RobJP94
    • By RobJP94 21st Sep 19, 9:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RobJP94
    Can the Revolut card can be linked up to Curve? (for the added incentive of top-ups counting as purchases instead of cash advance/withdrawals). Also, does it offer recurring/auto top-ups rather than me having to load it up each time? Looks like a good card, especially for abroad. Is it really 9 days for delivery?

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by 1Foz
    Yes you can add it to Curve What do you mean by top-ups counting as purchases? I'm intrigued.

I'm unsure on the delivery time for Revolut, thought it was about a week but i got it a year ago. Beware there is a delivery fee of 5 for the card, but if you sign up with my link you get 10 free. I can't post it here as I'm new, but PM me if you want.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

274Posts Today

5,565Users online

Martin's Twitter