Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • storysoldier
    • By storysoldier 15th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    storysoldier
    Dating site trying to enforce auto renewal
    • 15th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    Dating site trying to enforce auto renewal 15th Feb 18 at 10:53 AM
    Hi,

I signed up to Elite Singles on 4 Nov 2017 for 3 months for 134. Though expensive I thought I'd give it a try as it had been voted best dating site on a poll. It wasn't clear when I signed up that I couldn't run my own search. The site provides matches as per it's algorithms which wasn't satisfactory. I cancelled it on 3 Feb 2018 and stopped payments on Paypal, through which I'd paid.
    Then got emails saying that I had to pay as I had agreed to auto renewal, and hadn't cancelled within 7 days of the end of my initial term.
    I had not been sent any information on auto renewal. I didn't even get a payment receipt when I first paid. The only confirmation was through Paypal.
    Elite have now sent me a 'Final Warning' to pay the amount by 21 Feb or they may initiate legal proceedings.
    What do Forumites suggest?
    Thanks!
Page 2
    • awhitey
    • By awhitey 6th Mar 19, 9:45 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    awhitey
    Confirmation
    I have the same problem as the above I cancelled using the cancel button two months before my membership ended I assumed I had done it but now today it has renewed, I have emailed them and they advise that as I did not cancel within 7 days that I am now liable for the next three months, can you confirm if I am entitled to not go ahead, my monies did not take from my account as there was not sufficient funds so they are asking me to update my details or they will take it further, I got a little confused with the last bit of the thread could someone clarify is there anything I can quote to them to not have to pay, I do not have the money this was originally a gift from a friend
    Thank you
    Last edited by awhitey; 06-03-2019 at 9:57 AM. Reason: Not finished writing
    • LR22
    • By LR22 10th Sep 19, 5:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LR22
    Same situation
    Hi, I am in the exact situation and tried to cancel before the renewal date but not within 7 day period. Managed to cancel my paypal before they took the money out my account. Can you tell me what the outcome was with your situation. Did you have to pay it and what process did you get involved in afterwards. Would appreciate any help with this so I know what to expect. Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

106Posts Today

1,868Users online

Martin's Twitter