Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Nick
    • By Former MSE Nick 1st Jul 15, 4:53 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 78Thanks
    Former MSE Nick
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion
    • 1st Jul 15, 4:53 PM
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion 1st Jul 15 at 4:53 PM

Hi all,

We've written a new Easyjet Tricks guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Nick
    Last edited by Former MSE Nick; 20-01-2016 at 4:07 PM.
Page 3
    • Mumof2girls£
    • By Mumof2girls£ 10th Sep 15, 4:31 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Mumof2girls£
    Yep, ours was £280 more than last year as well and now 12 hours on has more than doubled again!
    Originally posted by Intenso
    From selecting my flights to actually getting to the page to pay for them the price had gone up by £120 for the 4 of us!! Although just checked and if I were to book now it would cost me £1200 more than I paid this morning!
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 10th Sep 15, 4:55 PM
    • 1,686 Posts
    • 1,476 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    I was browsing various routes this morning for Easter and May school holidays. I didn't want to book'- just taking a look at prices/ routes etc..
    Could'nt believe some of the prices for school hols'- Absoloutly extortionate, particularly May half term.

I was looking to book Porto for me and some friends for June but not in school hols, so prices were considerably lower.
    i am so looking forward to not being tied to school holidays in a few years time.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 10th Sep 15, 5:34 PM
    • 19,059 Posts
    • 8,044 Thanks
    richardw
    I was browsing various routes this morning for Easter and May school holidays. I didn't want to book'- just taking a look at prices/ routes etc..
    Could'nt believe some of the prices for school hols'- Absoloutly extortionate, particularly May half term.

I was looking to book Porto for me and some friends for June but not in school hols, so prices were considerably lower.
    i am so looking forward to not being tied to school holidays in a few years time.
    Originally posted by holidaysforme
    Where are u in the UK?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • minimi1968
    • By minimi1968 10th Sep 15, 6:47 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    minimi1968
    Booked flights for Easter trip to Austria for £120 each at 5:30 this morning, now gone up to £240 for same flight. I didn't add hold luggage as I wasn't sure how many I needed and now that has gone up from £34 to £36 a bag. I didn't realise that the price of adding your bag might go up too.
    • Doddzy
    • By Doddzy 10th Sep 15, 7:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Doddzy
    Thanks to your email with the release dates of fares, we bagged a bargain. £322 for 2 Newcastle to Faro May 22 to June 5 inc front row extra legroom seats. Booked 6am today. Just checked sight again now, well over £700 for exact same flights! Thank you x
    • ChocolateWombat
    • By ChocolateWombat 10th Sep 15, 7:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChocolateWombat
    Midnight was the time to book
    I was waiting for the flight release day to be published throughout Sept.

Went on at midnight and got return flights to Venice for half term week in May for just under £100 per person. Now, 18 hours later they are TRIPLE that price. Not only did we get a good price, we got great flight times too.

Have spent the day as a zombie due to tiredness, but it was worth it to save £200 per person.....and who knows what price they will reach in the next few days.

Thanks for the tips MSE....will be looking to utilise a duty free carrier bag when we go.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 11th Sep 15, 9:53 AM
    • 5,750 Posts
    • 2,578 Thanks
    brewerdave
    We got our outbound flights for a party of 10 yesterday morning at 8am -they had only gone up ~ £30 in total since 6am ...but by 10pm the package was nearly £300 more!! Funnily enuf it only appears to be £240 more this morning
    • bamboogarden
    • By bamboogarden 12th Sep 15, 6:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bamboogarden
    Price hike
    We booked 3 flights to Thessaloniki for May half term and as we were inputting our card details a pop up box appeared saying the flights had gone up £50. Very naughty however our £650 flights are now £2,193!! Extortionate rip off. How can they justify the flights going on sale and charging £250 each way to travel at a weekend? As a result we're taking our daughter out of school for 1 day saving £850
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 14th Sep 15, 3:12 PM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 1,252 Thanks
    fifeken
    Deleted. Misread question.
    • freya18th
    • By freya18th 15th Sep 15, 7:38 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    freya18th
    Manchester -Tenerife
    I booked on Friday after getting the email about the Easyjet tricks. Manchester to Tenerife for 2 people return with hold luggage, seats and paid by credit card for £320. Going 21/04/2016 back 19/05/2016. Well pleased thanks MSE.
    Last edited by freya18th; 16-09-2015 at 4:21 PM.
    • Helensbay
    • By Helensbay 16th Sep 15, 10:46 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Helensbay
    Paid £85 for two adult returns Belfast to Bordeaux May/June 2016. Delighted.
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 21st Sep 15, 12:03 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    bobblebob
    Anyone ever had hand luggage that had to be placed in the hold due to no room in the overhead lockers? I was on an easyjet flight recently that was fully booked and everyone managed to get their hand luggage on the plane ok
    • richardw
    • By richardw 21st Sep 15, 12:31 PM
    • 19,059 Posts
    • 8,044 Thanks
    richardw
    Anyone ever had hand luggage that had to be placed in the hold due to no room in the overhead lockers? I was on an easyjet flight recently that was fully booked and everyone managed to get their hand luggage on the plane ok
    Originally posted by bobblebob
    Yes has happened to me, was on a peak time Friday flight though.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 21st Sep 15, 12:38 PM
    • 20,378 Posts
    • 47,244 Thanks
    peachyprice
    I've never been on a flight where anyone has been made to, I have however, been on plenty where they've ask for volunteers.

I'm usually quite happy to volunteer in return for getting on first. Even with numbered seating it's nice to get settled before the mad rush begins, especially when it's free
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 21st Sep 15, 12:51 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    bobblebob
    On the Easyjet flight i was on they started boarding the plane before the cabin crew and pilot had arrived. We had to wait 15 mins stood next to the door of the plane waiting for them to turn up, very strange

Also i was in the queue ahead of speedy boarders, which was odd
    • Westin
    • By Westin 21st Sep 15, 2:40 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    Westin
    Was that ex LGW boblebob? It's apparently the latest way to ensure ontime performance levels! Board passengers down the jetbridge at -25mins even if the crew are not on board or completed safety checks.
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 21st Sep 15, 2:57 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    bobblebob
    Yea Gatwick flight.

Always wondered with the word "ontime" when it comes to flights. Say a flight is due to depart at 9:00am, does ontime mean taxiing at 9am or takeoff at 9am? I assume there is some leeway too as to what is classed as ontime, as even late departures can makeup time in the air
    • Westin
    • By Westin 21st Sep 15, 7:21 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    Westin
    Timings are taken as the push-back time of the aircraft from the stand rather than take off time. Operational records will however include both 'off chocks' and airborne times.
    • SW17
    • By SW17 21st Sep 15, 7:25 PM
    • 831 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    SW17
    Yea Gatwick flight.

Always wondered with the word "ontime" when it comes to flights. Say a flight is due to depart at 9:00am, does ontime mean taxiing at 9am or takeoff at 9am? I assume there is some leeway too as to what is classed as ontime, as even late departures can makeup time in the air
    Departure / arrival times should officially be measured gate-to-gate, i.e. from when the aircraft first moves from its departure gate (or remote stand) until it stops on its stand on arrival. Time is always built into the scheduled flight time to take account of taxiing etc, especially at busier airports.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 22nd Sep 15, 7:05 AM
    • 5,750 Posts
    • 2,578 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Any inside info. on when the next tranche of tickets are released ?
    Can anyone remember the release date last year??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

3,988Users online

Martin's Twitter