Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Nick
    • By Former MSE Nick 1st Jul 15, 4:53 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 78Thanks
    Former MSE Nick
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion
    • 1st Jul 15, 4:53 PM
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion 1st Jul 15 at 4:53 PM

Hi all,

We've written a new Easyjet Tricks guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Nick
    Last edited by Former MSE Nick; 20-01-2016 at 4:07 PM.
Page 14
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 14th Apr 19, 1:55 PM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    fifeken
    Does the website always update at 6 am?

And is it possible to know the exact release date?
    Originally posted by tryin
    easyJet publish the release dates on their website and it's also usually here on MSE too.

It's not necessarily 6:00am on the dot. I had a couple of alerts set up and received text messages and emails at 05:24 and 05:25 for Route 1 and 05:26 and 05:34 for Route 2 respectively.

Booking acknowledgement received at 05:44.
    • tryin
    • By tryin 14th Apr 19, 1:59 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 1,413 Thanks
    tryin
    easyJet publish the release dates on their website and it's also usually here on MSE too.

It's not necessarily 6:00am on the dot. I had a couple of alerts set up and received text messages and emails at 05:24 and 05:25 for Route 1 and 05:26 and 05:34 for Route 2 respectively.

Booking acknowledgement received at 05:44.
    Originally posted by fifeken
    But EasyJet only gives the month, and like I said its not necessarily released on the first of the month, So how can you know the exact dates.

And where do you set up alerts for this?
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 14th Apr 19, 2:07 PM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    fifeken
    But EasyJet only gives the month, and like I said its not necessarily released on the first of the month, So how can you know the exact dates.

And where do you set up alerts for this?
    Originally posted by tryin
    Closer to the time the actual date will appear on the easyJet site - at least it did this time and has before - and was also reported here on MSE.

lowcostroutes.com for alerts.
    • guy bagnall
    • By guy bagnall 22nd Aug 19, 5:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    guy bagnall
    I was looking to book return flights to Naples and the return flight was £127. I just went to book and it had reduced to £90 saying only 4 seats at that price. Is that a 'sale' regular or something new from Easyjet - and can prices go down further before departure (35 days on)?
    • ziggy81ziggy
    • By ziggy81ziggy 16th Sep 19, 6:29 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    ziggy81ziggy
    Hi, has anyone had experience of booking easyjet flights on release day using emirates air miles please?
    Are the flights available at the same time?
    Thanks
    • vicker
    • By vicker 17th Sep 19, 9:21 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    vicker
    Does anyone know if the flexifare trick works on the seats being released on Thursday please?
    • booth27
    • By booth27 18th Sep 19, 4:51 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    booth27
    Drinking water at Bristol airport
    I have to take tablets regularly, so this is important to me. All airports are now required to provide free drinking water, so ask staff if you can't find them (although, in my experience, staff often don't know where they are!) There have been drinking fountains at Bristol airport for a number of years but they are not neccessarily obvious. They are marked on maps of the airport (e.g. search 'bristol airport terminal map') - they are at the entrance to the toilets and at the start of the corridor to the departure gates from the mezzanine level.
    • mwddrwg
    • By mwddrwg 18th Sep 19, 9:11 AM
    • 496 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    mwddrwg
    Delving for the first time into the murky world of seat release day tomorrow so after a few tips

I've heard it's better just to book basic tickets on the flight we need to be on and then add bags/specific seats afterwards. Is this the right way to go about it?

Any tips from veterans of this process much appreciated

Thanks
    In deep...
    • ziggy81ziggy
    • By ziggy81ziggy 18th Sep 19, 3:00 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    ziggy81ziggy
    Delving for the first time into the murky world of seat release day tomorrow so after a few tips

I've heard it's better just to book basic tickets on the flight we need to be on and then add bags/specific seats afterwards. Is this the right way to go about it?

Any tips from veterans of this process much appreciated

Thanks
    Originally posted by mwddrwg
    Bags / seats don't change in price so it's up to you. I often book seats at the same time as we like extra leg room exit seats and want to make sure we get them but I leave buying the bags till another pay day! Same with parking and hotel, one thing a month....
    I've never had flights in my basket time out as such due to picking seats. From my experience, once you've selected a flight it's yours at that price and won't change during the paying process.
    • ymk101
    • By ymk101 18th Sep 19, 7:41 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ymk101
    Time of releasing the tickets
    Do they release at midnight night today or can be any time during the day?
    • kathrynvaughan
    • By kathrynvaughan 19th Sep 19, 4:56 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    kathrynvaughan
    Good Morning Bargain Hunters
    So anyone else up and about and refreshing the page?
    Any fool can pay full price!!
    • codo
    • By codo 19th Sep 19, 5:08 AM
    • 326 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    codo
    Flights are live on the app
    • couriervanman
    • By couriervanman 19th Sep 19, 5:15 AM
    • 524 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    couriervanman
    Booked and confirmed at 05.48 via the app
    • TonyM19
    • By TonyM19 19th Sep 19, 6:08 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    TonyM19
    Booked at 6:08am.

Saved £216 on flights to Tenerife for 2 people.

Been refreshing since 5:30am though!
    • Whitec01
    • By Whitec01 19th Sep 19, 6:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Whitec01
    Got flights this morning to Israel for passover (peak period). Was online within a minute of tickets released, basket said total for 6 flights Inc bags, seats was £3250. Pressed pay now, got a popular that my reserved seats had been taken by someone else. Passed no to rebook different seats, and got confirmation of booking with cost of £3600! Surely that is illegal??
    • Whitec01
    • By Whitec01 19th Sep 19, 6:15 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Whitec01
    How can they take more more money than has been displayed?
    BTW, same flights are now £4500.....
    • mumoftwoandapig
    • By mumoftwoandapig 19th Sep 19, 6:18 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    mumoftwoandapig
    Been trying for Manchester to Gran Canary since 5:30am but still not released can a kind dope check it’d not my app that’s not refreshing please ?
    • Claire mills 69
    • By Claire mills 69 19th Sep 19, 6:55 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Claire mills 69
    I want flights to Zante for June 2020, they are £100 more per person than we paid this year. Haven’t booked yet as hoping they’ll come down ��
    • justSteve
    • By justSteve 19th Sep 19, 7:12 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    justSteve
    In reply to the person trying to book flights from Manchester to Gran Canaria...
    If you're signed in to the EasyJet website, try signing out to see if that makes a difference. Please let me know if it does.
    Last edited by justSteve; 19-09-2019 at 7:18 AM. Reason: clarification
    • Sue S
    • By Sue S 19th Sep 19, 7:38 AM
    • 268 Posts
    • 190 Thanks
    Sue S
    Charged twice!
    The EasyJet app failed at the payment stage and said couldnít process and to try again. I did as instructed and now Iíve been charged twice! And there I was congratulating myself on getting up early and saving money only to land myself with a shed load of hassle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

427Posts Today

5,090Users online

Martin's Twitter