Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Villan33
    Paysafecard stole my money!
    • 15th May 13, 8:19 PM
    Paysafecard stole my money! 15th May 13 at 8:19 PM
    Hi guys, Ive just joined this forum because I do not know who to turn to. Apologies if this is in the wrong thread but here is my story:

Last saturday evening (11/05/13) at approx 10.11pm I purchased a paysafecard voucher for 100 from a local shop. Within 10-15 mins I was at home on my PC trying to credit an online poker site with the voucher. When I typed in the code, it said it was 'Invalid', I tried again and the same thing happened. So, i phoned up the helpline on the voucher and explained what happened. The woman on the end off the phone asked me for the SNR number and when I gave it to her she said it was locked and it would be forwarded to the technical department. She advised me to send a copy of the voucher via e-mail to support which I did and she told me it wasnt going to be until Monday when techinal support are working. Obviously Im really angry I have to wait but there is nothing she said she can do.
    Monday came and numerous phone calls and e-mails later still no joy. Tuesday, I finally get an e-mail saying my paysafecard was blocked due to fraud, for security reasons. they went on by saying all we can offer is a refund. They asked me to provide all details inc bank details, send them photo I.D and confirm my address etc etc which I did. Today (Wednesday), I receive another e-mail. Here it is :

Dear Customer,

many thanks for your enquiry!

We regret to inform you that your paysafecard was only sold once. We regret that you have become a victim of internet fraud. We strongly recommend that you never reveal your paysafecard pin code to a third party as we cannot be held responsible for any misuse.

Please be sure to report this incident to the police. We will provide the police with any needed information as soon as we are contacted in regards to the incident.

We are available to the criminal investigation department for information at the following email address:

We hope this information has been helpful to you.

Kind Regards,

Your paysafecard team

So basically what there saying is it was MY fault and there is nothing they can do. I mean WTF. I am absolutely livid. I tried to use my voucher within 15 mins of me buying it, it doesnt work and its my fault?

Please, I do not know what to do now. I cant even speak to technical support direct, in fact, when you phone the helpline, they cannot even speak to technical support, so where does that leave me? They've stolen 100 off me. Any advice would be grateful. TIA
Page 3
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 3rd Dec 15, 5:09 PM
    • 2,852 Posts
    • 1,925 Thanks
    flashg67
    There's a good reason for that.

Why would anyone like scams?

Bizarre.
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    You bored commenting on 18 month old threads? Nearly as bored as me, posting about you, posting on 18 month old threads?
    • gabri3las
    • By gabri3las 8th Nov 16, 8:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gabri3las
    paysafecard wont answer my emails
    Hello ! i have a problem with paysafecard and i see i am not the only one.my problem is that i uploaded over 1000 bucks in the account (wanted to buy something of the internet) and when i tried to buy the item the site told me that my account is locked for security reasons. is been over 2 weeks and daily emails to paysafe card and i still dont know why they locked my account. i called them to my local provider but theyr just muppets on the telephone since they can ONLY answer phones and cant see the situation of the accounts. so Bottom line they locked my account but they allowed me to upload 1000 worth of pins and they wont answer any emails on why my account was locked. so basically nobody can asnwer why my account is locked. i have no mail from them even thou ive sent them over 20-30 emails asking why my account is locked. no answer . are they a scam??
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 8th Nov 16, 10:14 AM
    • 1,538 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    Hello ! i have a problem with paysafecard and i see i am not the only one.my problem is that i uploaded over 1000 bucks in the account (wanted to buy something of the internet) and when i tried to buy the item the site told me that my account is locked for security reasons. is been over 2 weeks and daily emails to paysafe card and i still dont know why they locked my account. i called them to my local provider but theyr just muppets on the telephone since they can ONLY answer phones and cant see the situation of the accounts. so Bottom line they locked my account but they allowed me to upload 1000 worth of pins and they wont answer any emails on why my account was locked. so basically nobody can asnwer why my account is locked. i have no mail from them even thou ive sent them over 20-30 emails asking why my account is locked. no answer . are they a scam??
    Originally posted by gabri3las
    Pins? Bucks? This is a UK site not USA? but if not already tried try here

Please send the serial number (not the actual PIN) and your country to info@paysafecard.com
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 8th Nov 16, 6:44 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 2,667 Thanks
    daytona0
    Pins? Bucks? This is a UK site not USA? but if not already tried try here

Please send the serial number (not the actual PIN) and your country to info@paysafecard.com
    Originally posted by Hasbeen
    In fairness but "bucks" could also be slang for "cash". I've heard people use the phrase "big bucks" in this country, and an American living in the UK may use it, so who knows.

More crucially, I used paysafe cards about 8-10 years ago and I don't recall any sort of online account you could log in to? I always thought PAYSAFECARD was just the service which provides retailers with the facility to print the cards and for the customers to obtain said cards, not to actually COMBINE cards etc.

Skrill and Netteller are listed as part of the paysafe family and at least one of them I know of (Skrill) provides an e-wallet service which may be similar to what has been described. Maybe gabri3las is contacting the wrong company??
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 8th Nov 16, 8:48 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 2,455 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    Woot woot off to play some poker hey!
    • bigcaller
    • By bigcaller 29th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bigcaller
    Paysafe is a SCAM
    I purchased a Paysafe Card on 16/Sep/2017, in the amount of EUR 25. They instantly blocked my card. I contacted them and they said that I should send my ID and bank statement which I joyfully did. To my dismay, this people have not attended to this issue, rather they reply emails only after 3 business days and ask a generic question like. "Please tell us your full name and tell us why you contacted us" Can you imagine this ?

Obviously my ID and bank statement contain my full name, but to keep the ball rolling, I replied and another response from them came "Where did you try to use the paysafe card?" This got me really upset and irate because my first email to them was well written and comprehensive of why I am writing them, the issue and what needs to be done. I went as far as mentioning where I logged in to use the card.

I ran impatient, as a normal person would do. All I asked for is to either release the card or refund me, this should at least sound reasonable to any legitimate organization, but to them, its just a bunch of dunderheads crowned with a bureaucratic rigmarole. I called the customer service after having tried almost 12 times, the idiot who picked the call has no idea how customer service works, rather he kept getting me irate. Its been 2 weeks I have no idea who is making decision over my own money, just because I want to try their service and will never do.

I have been waiting since the 16th of this Month for some reasonable person to come to me and tell me what exactly is going on, rather they come and ask one silly question, which I had answered in previous email, none of those idiots care about my concerns, No word from them as to why my card was blocked and no idea if my money will be returned to my debit card, I am tired of waiting for an email reply for 2 weeks, asking the question and getting dumb replies from this people called Paysafecard.

I am helpless and need some stronger hand/authority to help me ask this people to either release this card or send the money back to my debit card. This is not too much to ask for, being a reasonable person, I have tried to solve it with them amicably, but they are not willing to be reasonable in any sense.
    • bigcaller
    • By bigcaller 29th Sep 17, 6:38 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bigcaller
    Paysafe is a SCAM
    I purchased a Paysafe Card on 16/Sep/2017, in the amount of EUR 25. They instantly blocked my card. I contacted them and they said that I should send my ID and bank statement which I joyfully did. To my dismay, this people have not attended to this issue, rather they reply emails only after 3 business days and ask a generic question like. "Please tell us your full name and tell us why you contacted us" Can you imagine this ? Obviously my ID and bank statement contain my full name, but to keep the ball rolling, I replied and another response from them came "Where did you try to use the paysafe card?" This got me really upset and irate because my first email to them was well written and comprehensive of why I am writing them, the issue and what needs to be done. I went as far as mentioning where I logged in to use the card. I ran impatient, as a normal person would do. All I asked for is to either release the card or refund me, this should at least sound reasonable to any legitimate organization, but to them, its just a bunch of dunderheads crowned with a bureaucratic rigmarole. I called the customer service after having tried almost 12 times, the idiot who picked the call has no idea how customer service works, rather he kept getting me irate. Its been 2 weeks I have no idea who is making decision over my own money, just because I want to try their service and will never do. I have been waiting since the 16th of this Month for some reasonable person to come to me and tell me what exactly is going on, rather they come and ask one silly question, which I had answered in previous email, none of those idiots care about my concerns, No word from them as to why my card was blocked and no idea if my money will be returned to my debit card, I am tired of waiting for an email reply for 2 weeks, asking the question and getting dumb replies from this people called Paysafecard. I am helpless and need some stronger hand/authority to help me ask this people to either release this card or send the money back to my debit card. This is not too much to ask for, being a reasonable person, I have tried to solve it with them amicably, but they are not willing to be reasonable in any sense.
    • bigcaller
    • By bigcaller 29th Sep 17, 6:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bigcaller
    I purchased a Paysafe Card on 16/Sep/2017, in the amount of EUR 25. They instantly blocked my card. I contacted them and they said that I should send my ID and bank statement which I joyfully did. To my dismay, this people have not attended to this issue, rather they reply emails only after 3 business days and ask a generic question like. "Please tell us your full name and tell us why you contacted us" Can you imagine this ? Obviously my ID and bank statement contain my full name, but to keep the ball rolling, I replied and another response from them came "Where did you try to use the paysafe card?" This got me really upset and irate because my first email to them was well written and comprehensive of why I am writing them, the issue and what needs to be done. I went as far as mentioning where I logged in to use the card. I ran impatient, as a normal person would do. All I asked for is to either release the card or refund me, this should at least sound reasonable to any legitimate organization, but to them, its just a bunch of dunderheads crowned with a bureaucratic rigmarole. I called the customer service after having tried almost 12 times, the idiot who picked the call has no idea how customer service works, rather he kept getting me irate. Its been 2 weeks I have no idea who is making decision over my own money, just because I want to try their service and will never do. I have been waiting since the 16th of this Month for some reasonable person to come to me and tell me what exactly is going on, rather they come and ask one silly question, which I had answered in previous email, none of those idiots care about my concerns, No word from them as to why my card was blocked and no idea if my money will be returned to my debit card, I am tired of waiting for an email reply for 2 weeks, asking the question and getting dumb replies from this people called Paysafecard. I am helpless and need some stronger hand/authority to help me ask this people to either release this card or send the money back to my debit card. This is not too much to ask for, being a reasonable person, I have tried to solve it with them amicably, but they are not willing to be reasonable in any sense.
    • christineconnor
    • By christineconnor 8th Dec 17, 11:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    christineconnor
    omg word for word my issue as we speak im livid x
    • PaysafeJOKERS
    • By PaysafeJOKERS 23rd Mar 18, 2:13 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaysafeJOKERS
    Paysafe Jokers
    Where do you start with Paysafe ?
    I bought a paysafecard on ''20th January'' from my local newsagent to the value of 175 and when i tried uploading it it failed, same old msg as many others, SECURITY VIOLATION contact paysafe, i eventually got may my money back on ''8th February''

I then bough another card on ''12th March'' and when i tried to upload the paysafecard onto my desired site that being betfair it once again failed, Security Violation, i even went back to the shop i purchased it from and things got heated but the shop just kept saying the same thing, Contact paysafe.
    Today is ''Friday 23rd'' of March and yesterday was me just getting my link sent from paysafe for me to fill in the online refund appliaction form, WHY is OUR money so tied up for so long ?

Some Questions that really must be asked of Paysafe
    1 Why not send the link from day 1
    2 Can another 16 digit number not be sent once the Blocked Paysafecard has been inspected
    3 WHY WHY WHY does refunds take so long ? after jumping through many REPEATED HOOPS refunds are being returned after about the 3 week mark, SERIOUSLY does it take that long ?
    AND PLEASE Paysafe what the hell is a SECURITY VIOLATION ? because that's what you seem to be telling us all, but all we did was purchase a paysafecard, we are not criminals yet we're subject to submitting ID and filling in forms and uploading photos of the failed paysafecard and ALL FOR WHAT ????
    To get that money back we STARTED OFF with in the first place.

Thanks Paysafe Team, Thanks Paysafe, Thanks for tying up my cash for weeks, Thanks.
    Last edited by PaysafeJOKERS; 23-03-2018 at 2:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
    • PaysafeJOKERS
    • By PaysafeJOKERS 23rd Mar 18, 2:24 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaysafeJOKERS
    The funny thing is
    Skrill charge the most for uploading funds FROM paysafe to Skrill

But get this lol Paysafe are Skrill - Now please explain why that is allowed and going On ?

When will the little guy have someone to fight his corner ? Cause the little guy is getting shafted
    • Les79
    • By Les79 23rd Mar 18, 6:33 AM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 1,575 Thanks
    Les79
    Where do you start with Paysafe ?
    I bought a paysafecard on ''20th January'' from my local newsagent to the value of 175 and when i tried uploading it it failed, same old msg as many others, SECURITY VIOLATION contact paysafe, i eventually got may my money back on ''8th February''

I then bough another card on ''12th March'' and when i tried to upload the paysafecard onto my desired site that being betfair it once again failed, Security Violation, i even went back to the shop i purchased it from and things got heated but the shop just kept saying the same thing, Contact paysafe.
    Today is ''Friday 23rd'' of March and yesterday was me just getting my link sent from paysafe for me to fill in the online refund appliaction form, WHY is OUR money so tied up for so long ?

Some Questions that really must be asked of Paysafe
    1 Why not send the link from day 1
    2 Can another 16 digit number not be sent once the Blocked Paysafecard has been inspected
    3 WHY WHY WHY does refunds take so long ? after jumping through many REPEATED HOOPS refunds are being returned after about the 3 week mark, SERIOUSLY does it take that long ?
    AND PLEASE Paysafe what the hell is a SECURITY VIOLATION ? because that's what you seem to be telling us all, but all we did was purchase a paysafecard, we are not criminals yet we're subject to submitting ID and filling in forms and uploading photos of the failed paysafecard and ALL FOR WHAT ????
    To get that money back we STARTED OFF with in the first place.

Thanks Paysafe Team, Thanks Paysafe, Thanks for tying up my cash for weeks, Thanks.
    Originally posted by PaysafeJOKERS
    Going to pry a bit here:

1. Why do you keep using them when they keep blocking you? The definition of "insanity" is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

2. Why are you gambling large amounts via paypal? It clearly looks dodgy on their end (a lot of people used to use it for money laundering etc) and you can bypass all that hassle by using a debit or credit card (prepaid cards usually work too, for those without a bank account/DC).
    • PaysafeJOKERS
    • By PaysafeJOKERS 26th Mar 18, 1:43 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaysafeJOKERS
    Paysafe
    I've only ever had these Two problems this year be that the same problem twice, an explanation from paysafe would be nice regarding what they mean when they reply saying Security Violation.
    I do like a flutter on the football or horse racing and sometimes place Anti Post bets, ''early bets'' i just got into using paysafe by mistake from winning a competition and it was paid Via paysafe /Skrill so i just kept the account and it was all new to me, ''betting online etc''

But Yes i agree with you that looking into a debit card for the future might be for the best

I've also now heard back from Paysafe who have also said my online refund application form was successful and my refund should be in my Bank Account within the next 11 working days, So early April.
    Again No explanation from Paysafe on why this card was blocked but i have read online that a possibility could be the shopkeeper might not have pressed that the paysafecard was for over 18 ''Thus gets blocked because of gambling site upload'' .........The shop deny that, but again i still don't understand WHY it takes paysafe so dam long in returning refunds, i mean this card was purcahsed on Monday 12th March and if I'm lucky i might just see my own money back again the first week in April.
    All i was trying to do was upload some money onto my gambling account for a few bets, something people do every single day.

When i say same msg as many others i do mean ''What other people have said online'' we all get the same msg, security Violation, a Violation for what ? As Customers we are not doing anything Illegal, all gambling sites accept many methods of payment, paysafe is just one of them.

It's almost like uploading credit to a PAYG phone with a 16 digit voucher, little difference except when the voucher has been uploaded you are using it to gamble
    Last edited by PaysafeJOKERS; 26-03-2018 at 1:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
    • PaysafeJOKERS
    • By PaysafeJOKERS 4th Apr 18, 1:48 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaysafeJOKERS
    4th of April today and still waiting on refund
    did get an email from paysafe saying my online refund was successful and the refund would be in my Bank Account within ( 11 Working Days )
    I repeat my Question ..............Paysafe, WHY does it take Soooooo long for a refund ???
    • PaysafeJOKERS
    • By PaysafeJOKERS 10th Apr 18, 1:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaysafeJOKERS
    LOL Customers Services
    CUSTOMER SERVICES LOL They just don't care, FACT!
    Purchased paysafecard on 12th March and after jumping through many hoops and hurdles and uplading info i EVENTUALLY go my money back, my refund AKA the very same i started out with was paid back (DRUM ROLL).............................On 9th April

So bought Paysafecard on 12th March 2018
    Received refund on 9th April

Now today for some reason my online account has been Locked

PMSL - You simply couldn't make it up

I'm away now to get a hammer and repeatedly hit myself on the head with it
    • PaysafeJOKERS
    • By PaysafeJOKERS 11th Apr 18, 7:50 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaysafeJOKERS
    WORST COMPANY of ALL TIME
    Today my account still reads............

For security reasons, transactions have been blocked on your my paysafecard account. Please contact our service team at info.uk@paysafecard.com.

Sent about 239 emails but no reply, called twice and they said to send in pics ''which is what they ALWAYS say''
    This is not a Company, NO Company would run a business in such a poor way as this, whoever is behind paysafe really must be investigated in some way
    This is just some sort of Scam
    • kvs
    • By kvs 5th Dec 18, 9:51 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kvs
    paysafe card does not refund me after I have been misinformed
    Everything started when I was misinformed by a sales person that I could use paysafe card to make payments.

Then I tried to fill the online form to claim for a refund of two paysafe cards.

I have been trying hard to fill the refund form. However the system does not recognize the country I am currently living in (Ireland) and fills the form as if I lived in the UK, it also does not recognize the paysafe card PIN code of the 50-euro card (I attached the photos of both paysafecards, I had purchased after being misinformed by a sales person which correspond to 10 and 50 euro) and finally the error message which I pasted below shows up every time I try to upload the photos of the card .

I do hope to hear from you regarding any other way to request a refund as soon as possible. The error message is the following:

Internal Server Error - Write

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Reference #4.a05e6cc1.1543943210.55171c1

Besides the message I sent yesterday I am writing to claim for my refund because the on line form whose link I was sent by paysafe card customer service does not work. I cannot upload the cards I bought. Besides it does not accept my address in Ireland and it replaces by UK.

I will present a formal complaint to the European consumer rights and to Irish local authority regarding consumer rights in case I am not answered and refunded.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
    • fina17
    • By fina17 24th May 19, 7:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fina17
    The company itself it's a scam
    Please avoid using it !
    I have brought 2 tickets one of 100 Romanian RON, and one of 300 RON.
    I used that of 100 RON, and when i tried to use the other one of 300 RON, the pin was locked.
    I send an email to them, and they request all my personal info, to give me a refund.
    They never give me an explanation, why that pin was locked.
    Of course i did not send my info to them, because i don't know who they are.
    And i am pretty sure they can see that ticket wasn't used. so they simply could send me another pin. but instead they ask for all my personal info, thing that i consider suspicious.
    And now i just lost 300 RON equivalent of 80 dollars.
    So better avoid using this company products !
    Isn't this ridiculous, a service that does not require any personal data, to request all personal data ?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 24th May 19, 7:26 AM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 22,179 Thanks
    DCFC79
    The company itself it's a scam
    Please avoid using it !
    I have brought 2 tickets one of 100 Romanian RON, and one of 300 RON.
    I used that of 100 RON, and when i tried to use the other one of 300 RON, the pin was locked.
    I send an email to them, and they request all my personal info, to give me a refund.
    They never give me an explanation, why that pin was locked.
    Of course i did not send my info to them, because i don't know who they are.
    And i am pretty sure they can see that ticket wasn't used. so they simply could send me another pin. but instead they ask for all my personal info, thing that i consider suspicious.
    And now i just lost 300 RON equivalent of 80 dollars.
    So better avoid using this company products !
    Isn't this ridiculous, a service that does not require any personal data, to request all personal data ?
    Originally posted by fina17
    Well if it was a scam it would be closed down by now.

You considered complaning ?

So you dont know who they are yet you used the service, why not do research before you signed up ?

What information are they asking for ?

Maybe theres a reason they are asking for it.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 24-05-2019 at 6:50 PM.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 24th May 19, 1:37 PM
    • 7,083 Posts
    • 5,339 Thanks
    sheramber
    Someone could have found/stolen the card and is trying to get the PIN.

Confirming your personal information will confirm your are the person who bought the card.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,815Posts Today

8,549Users online

Martin's Twitter