Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 192
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 27th Aug 19, 8:30 PM
    • 2,094 Posts
    • 890 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi,

Was due to fly from Bristol to Edinburgh Thursday 22nd August at 7am, checked in through security and boarded the plane, only to be seated, waiting 40minutes and then being told the plane was unfit to fly and we had to wait for another plane...that would have us set off at 11am instead of 7am. Can I claim compensation on this and does anyone know roughly how much?
    I've read various details online that say around £230 per person per flight - since I was flying with my partner.

Return flight; Due to leave Edinburgh on Sunday at 7pm, flight was delayed and then the staff had overworked their hours and we had to wait for a team to come in from Glasgow, ended up leaving at 11pm instead of 7pm. Can I claim for this too? and if so how much would we be entitled too?
    Originally posted by Rjones
    From what you say both are claimable at €250 per person, per flight.

Claim via the Easyjet website and expect at least one knock-back, it's the norm, so let us know how the claim goes.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • arum78
    • By arum78 27th Aug 19, 11:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    arum78
    I had some fun with Easyjet this Monday the 19th. I was supposed to fly with my father-in-law back from Hamburg to Gatwick.
    We were already 40 min in on our way to Hamburg when I received a notification that the flight U28343 at 21:45 was cancelled.
    I called easyjet in Germany and they told me that they could only book me on the flight 24 hours later. I told him that according to EU regulation they would need to try to reroute me on a different carrier. He denied that this is the case. I then agreed to be booked onto the flight the following day as I was worried that that flight might be fully booked soon.

We then started to drive back to where we stayed in Germany. 5 Min later I got a call from Easyjet. The same guy again. He told me that there is only one seat left on the flight 24 hours later and he could only book us on the flight 48 hours later.

I told him again that they need to reroute me via a different carrier. He denied that they have to do it. I then asked him to give me in writing that easyjet is refusing to reroute me with a different carrier. He refused this request. I then told him that I will start to record the call but he objected to that. I then ended the conversation.

Once I had internet connection again I searched for alternative options. The problem was that we had to leave that day as my father-in-law has a multi-entry Schengen Visa with 10 days and all those days are fully planned. If we would leave too late he might be refused on the last (fully booked and paid for) trip we've planned (he is doing 3 trips in total).
    I found a flight with Ryain Air from Bremen to Stansted that night at 21:45. That cost us £235 for the flight and another £110 for the taxi from Stansted to Gatwick (we live close to Gatwick). Easyjet told us the cancellation was due to Air Traffic control issues - so they don't need to pay the €250 compensation. But can I claim the extra costs from them given that they refused to reroute me with a different carrier and we would have had to wait 48 hours for the next flight?

What is the best way forward?

Thanks for your help.
    iben - looks like those late flights from Hamburg to Gatwick are frequently cancelled (i've set up an account to ask regarding cancelled flight from the 9th August), so i would challenge EasyJet's excuse regarding Traffic Control issues.
    • arum78
    • By arum78 27th Aug 19, 11:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    arum78
    In whose name should i claim?
    I've got a question regarding EasyJet's cancelled flight from Hamburg to Gatwick. I used my EasyJet account to book and pay for my mother-in-law flight. When the flight was cancelled, I also called a hotel and paid for her 2 nights stay, awaiting another EasyJet flight from Hamburg to Gatwick.

When submitting the claim via EJ's website, should i claim in my name or in the name of my mother-in-law?

Thank you for any your thoughts.
    • jonjonn
    • By jonjonn 28th Aug 19, 3:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jonjonn
    Flight compensation
    Can anyone advise if Easyjet can reject a claim for a delayed flight from Bristol to Prague that was supposed to take off at 6pm but didn't take off till 1pm the next day, they said it was because of bad weather in Europe, BUT this referred to the earlier in the day flights of my aircraft and not the 6pm one from Bristol? Thank you.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Aug 19, 4:16 PM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 1,298 Thanks
    JPears
    Hi, Please repost in the dedicated Easyjet thread.
    Posting a personal new thread cluters and makes navigating/helping more difficult
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Flowersrule1994
    • By Flowersrule1994 28th Aug 19, 5:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flowersrule1994
    cancelled EasyJet flight compensation
    End of July, holiday completed & Return Flight to Gatwick 1st delayed then cancelled - no easy jet staff to advise only txts suggesting to re-book!
    much expense to re-book & overnight hotel stay etc. Submitted compensation claim & appear to have rejected with no mention of even refund of cancelled flight!
    Any suggestions how to take further.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 28th Aug 19, 5:15 PM
    • 12,389 Posts
    • 8,073 Thanks
    Caz3121
    EasyJet thread - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384709
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 28th Aug 19, 5:27 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    Did you fill in the correct form on the airlines website? You claim your refund online as well.
    • Flowersrule1994
    • By Flowersrule1994 28th Aug 19, 5:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flowersrule1994
    Thank you, however, EJ claim reason is the weather? - other flights were leaving, infact an EJ plane left as we received our txt stating flight cancelled.
    Text suggested we book next available flight - 4 days later!

this extract from email:

EU261 Regulation
    When we have to disrupt a flight due to circumstances outside of our control, the flight is classified under EU regulation 261/2004 as being affected by “extraordinary circumstances”. An example of disruption outside of our control would be that primarily caused by air traffic control restrictions, industrial action, severe weather conditions or a runway closure.
    EU261 compensation is only payable when a flight is delayed by 3 or more hours after the scheduled arrival time, or the flight is cancelled, and the reason for the delay or cancellation was within our control. This type of disruption is classified as “non-extraordinary circumstances” in the EU Regulation. Examples of this include most aircraft technical faults or when we haven’t taken reasonable measures to prevent or minimise disruption.
    • Flowersrule1994
    • By Flowersrule1994 28th Aug 19, 5:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flowersrule1994
    yes. completed all online forms
    • Rjones
    • By Rjones 28th Aug 19, 8:19 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rjones
    Thanks Tyzap, lets see what they come back with...
    • JPears
    • By JPears 29th Aug 19, 9:00 AM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 1,298 Thanks
    JPears
    Thank you, however, EJ claim reason is the weather? - other flights were leaving, infact an EJ plane left as we received our txt stating flight cancelled.
    Text suggested we book next available flight - 4 days later!

this extract from email:

EU261 Regulation
    When we have to disrupt a flight due to circumstances outside of our control, the flight is classified under EU regulation 261/2004 as being affected by “extraordinary circumstances”. An example of disruption outside of our control would be that primarily caused by air traffic control restrictions, industrial action, severe weather conditions or a runway closure.
    EU261 compensation is only payable when a flight is delayed by 3 or more hours after the scheduled arrival time, or the flight is cancelled, and the reason for the delay or cancellation was within our control. This type of disruption is classified as “non-extraordinary circumstances” in the EU Regulation. Examples of this include most aircraft technical faults or when we haven’t taken reasonable measures to prevent or minimise disruption.
    Originally posted by Flowersrule1994
    Expenses incurred in re-routing ie new flights, accommodation, food etc are different to compensation claim and are NOT subject to EC such as weather.
    The claims are separate - one for compensation and the other for expenses. There are 2 separate webforms on the EJ website.
    Always expect a refusal from any airline for compensation and/or expenses. Its the numbers game they play. Never mind the fact thats it dishonest, probably unlawful and down right frustrating.

• JPears
    • By JPears 29th Aug 19, 9:21 AM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 1,298 Thanks
    JPears
    double post

• Edi666
    • By Edi666 31st Aug 19, 7:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Edi666
    Easyjet BUD-LGW 27th July
    what is the best email address for easyjet?

I got rejection email for both expenses and compensation. I've sent reply to customer.resolution@ and customer.service@ over 3 weeks ago but I got no reply. Is there a better email address?

If I am rejected again, what is the best next step? Is it Small courts Claim, CEDR Adjudication, Aviation ADR complaint or Bott Net? I am sorry but this is just so confusing
    • MrGMoorcroft
    • By MrGMoorcroft 31st Aug 19, 11:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrGMoorcroft
    Delayed flight and then cancelled
    Hi

Just looking for some info about if I am able to claim flight delay compensation.
    We were booked on a flight with easyJet from Liverpool to Paris. There was a air traffic control strike at France at the time. When we checked in at the airport we were told the there was a 2 and half hr delay to the flight.

We were finally called to board the plane after 2 and half hrs. As we were about to board the plane we were told that the flight was cancelled due too the flight crew had worked over the legal number of working hrs and they couldn't pilot the plane.

The next available flight was two days later so we missed two days of our holiday.

Now what I wanna know is if the cancellation was due to the air traffic control strike in France which means we are unable to claim compensation or because the flight crew couldn't fly due to working over the legal amount of hrs worked?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can tell me

MrGMoorcroft
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 1st Sep 19, 7:52 AM
    • 2,094 Posts
    • 890 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi

Just looking for some info about if I am able to claim flight delay compensation.
    We were booked on a flight with easyJet from Liverpool to Paris. There was a air traffic control strike at France at the time. When we checked in at the airport we were told the there was a 2 and half hr delay to the flight.

We were finally called to board the plane after 2 and half hrs. As we were about to board the plane we were told that the flight was cancelled due too the flight crew had worked over the legal number of working hrs and they couldn't pilot the plane.

The next available flight was two days later so we missed two days of our holiday.

Now what I wanna know is if the cancellation was due to the air traffic control strike in France which means we are unable to claim compensation or because the flight crew couldn't fly due to working over the legal amount of hrs worked?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can tell me

MrGMoorcroft
    Originally posted by MrGMoorcroft
    Hi MrM,

In a case like this it is the probably the strike that caused the cancellation.

However, as they then took two days to get you to your destination they obviously failed the "all reasonable measures" test, meaning they did not take reasonable measures to get you to your destination asap after the ATC problem had been resolved.

For that reason compensation would be due.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • K Mac
    • By K Mac 2nd Sep 19, 1:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    K Mac
    Flight cancelled
    Hi I also had my flight cancellation from Bristol to Faro. We didn’t get a lot of info from EasyJet, so went home and when back to Tui agent this morning and had a full refund and booked holiday to majora. But been told to claim composition on travel insurance. Happy days
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Sep 19, 8:09 AM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 1,298 Thanks
    JPears
    Actually Easyjet are liable for your additional costs in alternative flights.
    This is clearly stated in the regualtion 261/2004 articles 5,6 and 8.
    However you are not due comspensation, which is a separate issue.
    The ATC issue does not absolve EJ of their duty of care.
    On the easyjet website there are 2 different webforms, one for compensation, the other for addtioanl expenses. id you complete the latter webform?
    If they have rejected your claim for additional expenses then you need to either:
    1. request a deadlock letter ( or wait 8 weeks) then go to CEDR, and ADR that should find in your favour.
    or
    2. Go straight to small claims court.
    You can do 2. if you fail at stage 1.

• Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 9th Sep 19, 8:14 AM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Do you know for certain why your flight was cancelled? Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say. You should get a refund for you flight and the difference between that refund and the amount of your 2nd flight. Easyjet cannot say you only get so much they have to pay the difference. Also, did you incur expenses like a hotel and food.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Sep 19, 8:56 AM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 1,298 Thanks
    JPears
    Presumably the ATC outage in France? Or was this a different day?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,514Posts Today

5,817Users online

Martin's Twitter