Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toejumper
    • By toejumper 14th Apr 09, 8:49 AM
    • 2,403Posts
    • 64,430Thanks
    toejumper
    OMG, it is real, i did win the 20.000 morrisons/walkers comp, UPDATE
    • 14th Apr 09, 8:49 AM
    OMG, it is real, i did win the 20.000 morrisons/walkers comp, UPDATE 14th Apr 09 at 8:49 AM
    Just thought id give you all an update.
    and to say a big thank you to all that posted well wishes. iv been absolutely blown away with the response from this and never thought for a second id be in the email news letter. the money has been transferred into my bank account today. went into shock allover again when i heard the balance, never had that much money in my account and probably will never again. it just goes to show that ordinary people like us do win big prizes and that they are real. so if your feeling a bit low because your not winning or feel its a waist of time just look at my signiture and faith will be restored. hopefully we will see some more mse`s with big wins in the future.
    Thank you to all you wonderfull people that post these competitions

OMG, I can hardly type im shaking that much, the lovely clare has just rung to comfirm that i have won the morrisons/walkers comp.
    A big thank you to 1984returnsfoureal. i cant believe i was picked from 33.000 entrence. and 711 entered from here. i also want to thank all those people who sent me good wishes over the weekend.

Right im going to run round the house and scream and shout and do the happy dance again.............

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1502621&highlight=walkers+crisp+ morrisons

1984RETURNSFOUREAL, I LUV YA, I LUV YA, I LUV YA

Note from everyone at MoneySavingExpert.com:

Huge Congratulations toejumper, what a fantastic win!

For anyone reading this who doesn't have time to read the whole discussion, toejumper has also said this further down and we thought it may give you a lump in the throat like it did us...

I know that no one knows but my mum died on the 6th january and it was a great shock to us all. but when i heard about the win i thought t was heaven sent. my dad died when i was 23. and i know some have been asking how im going to spent the money. well iv lived in my house for 19 years and havent been able to afford to spent money on it.

Just found out the damp proofing has gone all the way round the house. my chimney has been leaking for years had 3 builders to look at it but cant find the problem, so it still leaks. my bathroom is that lovely 1970s avocado colour. and my dad was a builder so i think he`s saying it time the house had a face lift.
    so if this is heaven sent thank you mum and dad

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by toejumper; 30-04-2009 at 8:48 AM.
Page 2
    • krailton
    • By krailton 14th Apr 09, 8:56 AM
    • 3,691 Posts
    • 41,603 Thanks
    krailton
    Mrs
    thats fantastic well done

• SkintBrideToBe
    • By SkintBrideToBe 14th Apr 09, 8:56 AM
    • 6,443 Posts
    • 11,431 Thanks
    SkintBrideToBe
    OMG, thats amazing congrats !!
    Prizes 2018 - *Dotty Detective Book* *Thomas the Tank Superstation and 200 worth of Trains * *Baby Show Tickets* *A Quiet PLace Goodie Bag* *B&M Fathers Day Hamper* *A Weeks Tennis Camp * * Pair Of Tickets To Golf Open * * Viking Festival Tickets * *Cineworld Family Voucher * Inflatable Fun City Tickets * WWE Summerslam Goodie Bag *
    • lindsayb
    • By lindsayb 14th Apr 09, 8:57 AM
    • 411 Posts
    • 2,948 Thanks
    lindsayb
    Wow thats fantastic! Congratulations, its fabulous to see a MSE Member win so big Yah!
    • blackmidnight
    • By blackmidnight 14th Apr 09, 8:57 AM
    • 13,266 Posts
    • 1,134,920 Thanks
    blackmidnight
    well done!!! Glad you can stop wondering now too!
    2008: 783.12 - 2009: 6,401.15 - 2010: 4,230.61 - 2011: 8720 - 2012: 2,041.89
    2013: 134.96
    • Munchkim
    • By Munchkim 14th Apr 09, 8:57 AM
    • 5,418 Posts
    • 69,977 Thanks
    Munchkim
    Oh WOW, Many congrats, and have fun with it
    Just become FTBs Aiming to be mortgage free by 2034

Thank you to all who post on the comps/freebies forums
    you've helped us save our deposit
  • discobaby
    Wow congratulations! I have won nothing from MSE comping yet, but I am so unlucky generally the only person I know who can get no numbers at all for weeks on the lottery too lol! I think I need some of your luck please!!!
    • littleholly
    • By littleholly 14th Apr 09, 8:57 AM
    • 5,563 Posts
    • 81,472 Thanks
    littleholly
    Excellent win, congrats!

NOW IN COMPING SEMI-RETIREMENT!
    AL MAC APPRECIATION SOCIETY MEMBER NO: 550 748
    • white*star
    • By white*star 14th Apr 09, 8:57 AM
    • 5,976 Posts
    • 38,916 Thanks
    white*star
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

• poodledoodledoo
    YEY!!!!!
    I was wondering about this yesterday, so much so that I actually had a dream about it last night.
    That's amazing. Well done you xxx
    Thanks to everyone who posts comps, I love winning prizes big and small
    • kimmy393
    • By kimmy393 14th Apr 09, 8:58 AM
    • 5,401 Posts
    • 5,859 Thanks
    kimmy393
    omg wow that is amazing what you going to spend it on. 20 grand I'm in shock
    2015 Big wins: luxury 7 night holiday in sharm el sheikh, theatre tix, 123, IPad Air 16gb, Night in London hotel celebjuicetix :, Portable dvd playerT

Best 2014: 900 VIP cheltenham races day, 200 H&M voucher, 300 camera, 2 nights luxury apt Harrogate, 5 nights glamping cumbria
    Total:2010: 10,531, 2011:11,075
    • crin
    • By crin 14th Apr 09, 8:58 AM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 32,680 Thanks
    crin
    Wowee what a great win. Don't tire yourself out dancing! Enjoy spending it. x
    If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.

Eleventh Heaven # 550 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    • Shellybee
    • By Shellybee 14th Apr 09, 8:58 AM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 21,987 Thanks
    Shellybee
    Excellent, an amazing win....enjoy every last penny....well done
    • PeachyJem
    • By PeachyJem 14th Apr 09, 8:58 AM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,737 Thanks
    PeachyJem
    WOW!! I'm so so happy for you I would say enjoy...but i know you will! Congrats again x x
  • Groovytigger
    Fantastic news......congratulations!!!

☼ thankyou to all who post the comps ☼

• homeburd
    Congratulations! Been anxiously waiting for you to post the outcome - fantastic news.

• walwin
    • By walwin 14th Apr 09, 8:59 AM
    • 8,539 Posts
    • 544,814 Thanks
    walwin
    Well done. What a brilliant comp to win
  • fairystix
    How absolutely brilliant....enjoy!!!
    If you're not sure where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else.......
  • dooby
    Well done. Now you can have sleepless nights thinking of how to spend it.

Enjoy it, every last penny!
    • mad_gemma
    • By mad_gemma 14th Apr 09, 9:00 AM
    • 3,901 Posts
    • 18,792 Thanks
    mad_gemma
    fabulous! Been thinking about you all weekend, waiting for that call!
    brilliant news, many many congratulations and I assume the first round's on you?
    Well done! x
    Best wins since June 08: 2xNikonD60, 2xBrothers Cider, 330 SwanJackpot, 100 Garden Vs, 50 Espirit V, 750 BigSnap2, Wiifit, zoo tix, 7xCadburys, 5xGlamour, IOWTix, Dell Laptop, 3xIpodNano, 100 Highstreet Vs, Digi VideoCamera and more small bits, REAL DEAL 2400! RIP Dad 1943-2009

• nicolefrenzy
    • By nicolefrenzy 14th Apr 09, 9:00 AM
    • 2,479 Posts
    • 25,944 Thanks
    nicolefrenzy

wow well done enjoy spending it have some fun.xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,054Posts Today

8,466Users online

Martin's Twitter