Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • M.Jukes
    • By M.Jukes 15th Sep 19, 9:00 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    M.Jukes
    Tradesmen Issue
    • 15th Sep 19, 9:00 AM
    Tradesmen Issue 15th Sep 19 at 9:00 AM
    I recently had a small family company who had been recommended to me come and quote me for a new garage door. We agreed a price and i was told that it would take 4wks for delivery and they would ring me after delivery to arrange fitting. I paid a deposit of 200 by bank transfer into their account. This was 08/07/2019. After 6wks had passed without hearing anything i began ringing them only to be told they would ring me back and they never did. Its now 10 wks without any communication from them and i am thinking what do i need to do now?
Page 1
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 15th Sep 19, 9:16 AM
    • 2,772 Posts
    • 2,408 Thanks
    giraffe69
    • 15th Sep 19, 9:16 AM
    • 15th Sep 19, 9:16 AM
    Whatever you do from now on keep a written record. I'd probably give them one last call or email and then if unsuccessful I'd write to them, getting a free proof of posting from a post office and asking for a refund of my deposit as they have not met the four week delivery window , nor communicated about any reasons for the delay. If you end up needing to go to the small claims court you will find a paper trail useful evidence.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,726Posts Today

8,514Users online

Martin's Twitter