Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sl_jones
    • By sl_jones 13th Sep 19, 3:58 PM
    • 68Posts
    • 3Thanks
    sl_jones
    Argos selling in correct product
    • 13th Sep 19, 3:58 PM
    Argos selling in correct product 13th Sep 19 at 3:58 PM
    I recently bought an eve matress from argos only to learn when it arrived it is not what i thought it was on their website.
    https://www.argos.co.uk/search/eve-sleep/?clickOrigin=searchbar:home:term:eve+sleep

So, I've searched for eve sleep on Argos's website and bought the Eve essentials mattress, thinking it was the same as the original because it looks the same. So I go onto the product page and look at the photos and see that it has fewer layers but I assumed it would pretty much like the original.

So I order the mattress and when my husband unpacks it without whilst i'm at work and rings and says it's the original (as we have one at home). He looks at the box and it says it's an "eve light mattress" which is 1.not what I bought and 2. not what is pictured in that photo

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2065483
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1994146

But if you look at both of them they look the same, don't they? Well, what has actually happened is Argos have bought the old version of the light matress and renamed it to the essentials mattress, then saying exclusive to Argos sold as but used the Eve original photos.

So what actually arrived is not the correct mattress but it's also doesn't look like anything in the photo. In fact, I would say that they are both the same thing, except one has fewer layers.

So my argument is that I want Argos to give me the ones that they are advertising which is the eve original as that's what is in 6/7 pictures they have on their website. I have spent 4 days complaining to them but I am not getting anywhere, what higher authority to a report this to is it trading standards or advertising standards?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 13th Sep 19, 4:06 PM
    • 13,563 Posts
    • 10,127 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:06 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:06 PM
    I can't see your argument. You ordered the cheaper essentials mattress and that is what you got. Why do you think you're entitled to the more expensive "Original" version. If you're not happy with what you got then simply get a refund. BTW the Eve "Light" mattress is simply the new name for the Eve Essentials mattress.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 13-09-2019 at 4:10 PM.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 13th Sep 19, 4:19 PM
    • 27,319 Posts
    • 38,113 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:19 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:19 PM
    Having looked at the 2 sets of pictures the second one has more layers of foam etc so is different., one has 4 layers and the other 6.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 13th Sep 19, 4:41 PM
    • 16,697 Posts
    • 23,152 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:41 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 4:41 PM
    I recently bought an eve matress from argos only to learn when it arrived it is not what i thought it was on their website.
    https://www.argos.co.uk/search/eve-sleep/?clickOrigin=searchbar:home:term:eve+sleep

So, I've searched for eve sleep on Argos's website and bought the Eve essentials mattress, thinking it was the same as the original because it looks the same. So I go onto the product page and look at the photos and see that it has fewer layers but I assumed it would pretty much like the original.

So I order the mattress and when my husband unpacks it without whilst i'm at work and rings and says it's the original (as we have one at home). He looks at the box and it says it's an "eve light mattress" which is 1.not what I bought and 2. not what is pictured in that photo

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2065483
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1994146

But if you look at both of them they look the same, don't they? Well, what has actually happened is Argos have bought the old version of the light matress and renamed it to the essentials mattress, then saying exclusive to Argos sold as but used the Eve original photos.

So what actually arrived is not the correct mattress but it's also doesn't look like anything in the photo. In fact, I would say that they are both the same thing, except one has fewer layers.

So my argument is that I want Argos to give me the ones that they are advertising which is the eve original as that's what is in 6/7 pictures they have on their website. I have spent 4 days complaining to them but I am not getting anywhere, what higher authority to a report this to is it trading standards or advertising standards?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by sl_jones
    They are nothing like each other. One is an "essentials" range (so a basic one) which very clearly only has 4 layers. The other has additional layers and is much thicker and more expensive.

They even have different names.

If you want the more expensive one, then return the cheaper one snd re purchase the other one.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Sep 19, 8:01 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 22,179 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Sep 19, 8:01 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 8:01 PM
    Sorry OP but I don't see the issue, just return the matteress/s and buy the 1 you want.

Re link 2 & 3 the mattresses are different as pointed out.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 13th Sep 19, 9:40 PM
    • 36,657 Posts
    • 47,273 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:40 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:40 PM
    Matresses arent normally allowed to be returned...
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 14th Sep 19, 7:12 AM
    • 27,319 Posts
    • 38,113 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:12 AM
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:12 AM
    Originally posted by McKneff
    https://www.argos.co.uk/help/faq/72561 I'd love to see them trying toget it back into the original box.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th Sep 19, 7:35 AM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 22,179 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:35 AM
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:35 AM
    Originally posted by McKneff
    My bad, your right, once its out of the wrapper it cant be returned.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 14th Sep 19, 7:54 AM
    • 12,894 Posts
    • 28,692 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:54 AM
    • 14th Sep 19, 7:54 AM
    You say it looks nothing like the pictures.

How does it differ?
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 14th Sep 19, 9:27 AM
    • 27,319 Posts
    • 38,113 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    My bad, your right, once its out of the wrapper it cant be returned.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    According to Argos you have up to 100 days /nights to return it if not satisfied.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 14th Sep 19, 10:27 AM
    • 12,402 Posts
    • 8,078 Thanks
    Caz3121

Originally posted by sl_jones
    was this the one you received?
    https://www.evesleep.co.uk/foam-mattresses/eve-light
    you will find their terms and conditions will cover website errors
    you received the correct item as per the description but they used the wrong photo
    if you want the 'original' you would need to pay the price for it
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 14th Sep 19, 10:39 AM
    • 13,563 Posts
    • 10,127 Thanks
    neilmcl
    You can see from this Amazon link that the Eve Essentials mattress has been superseded by the Eve light. It's essentially the same thing, what it's not, as explained, is the Eve Original.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eve-Foam-Single-Light-Mattress/dp/B07GK7VFFF
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,951Posts Today

8,803Users online

Martin's Twitter