Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • roytom
    • By roytom 9th Sep 19, 6:09 PM
    • 343Posts
    • 38Thanks
    roytom
    Box.co.uk legit?
    • 9th Sep 19, 6:09 PM
    Box.co.uk legit? 9th Sep 19 at 6:09 PM
    I ordered a couple of days ago an electronic product on Box.co.uk - once payment had been made I then saw a My Account screen showing what Iíd bought which shows it had been paid for. I know Iíve paid for it as my bank required verification.

But, no confirmation email was ever received and looking at the order in My Account shows no invoice number. Also the delivery target date looks extremely slow.

Either this stuff they are selling is coming from some remote part of the cyber universe or they donít actually acquire the stuff to sell before itís ďboughtĒ by the end customer ie. me.

Any views?
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 9th Sep 19, 6:34 PM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 20,325 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 9th Sep 19, 6:34 PM
    • 9th Sep 19, 6:34 PM
    What delivery option did you select when you ordered it and does that correlate to the date you are seeing now? A quick look on the site shows anywhere from next day delivery to 16th September as options.

What did they say when you contacted them about the lack of confirmation email?

Have you checked your bank account to confirm the money has definitely left your account?

• hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Sep 19, 6:48 PM
    • 17,719 Posts
    • 13,829 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 9th Sep 19, 6:48 PM
    • 9th Sep 19, 6:48 PM
    A few of their reviews refer to people receiving used goods instead of new.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 9th Sep 19, 6:52 PM
    • 13,974 Posts
    • 11,226 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 9th Sep 19, 6:52 PM
    • 9th Sep 19, 6:52 PM
    I've never used the box.co.uk website but I did use saveonlaptops.co.uk - both websites are the same company, they were just different trading names.

Used them a few times for laptops for myself and other people, first time no issue. Second time the delivery never materialised. They sent another one 2-3 days later which was received and refunded the delivery charge. Other ones after that, no issue again.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 10th Sep 19, 8:02 AM
    • 13,308 Posts
    • 6,078 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 10th Sep 19, 8:02 AM
    • 10th Sep 19, 8:02 AM
    They are a long established company with an actual showroom .Have bought stuff from them in the past .
    • nomisco
    • By nomisco 11th Sep 19, 7:27 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nomisco
    • 11th Sep 19, 7:27 AM
    • 11th Sep 19, 7:27 AM
    I have used Box once last year. New goods supplied, no issues in my case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

3,255Users online

Martin's Twitter