Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Helen S
    • By MSE Helen S 28th May 15, 10:15 AM
    • 75Posts
    • 44Thanks
    MSE Helen S
    0 WOW
    Prepaid Travel Cards guide
    • 28th May 15, 10:15 AM
    0 WOW
    Prepaid Travel Cards guide 28th May 15 at 10:15 AM
    Hi!

This is the discussion thread for the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks folks,
Page 61
    • Nevermind309
    • By Nevermind309 10th Sep 19, 3:14 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Nevermind309
    My wife has got a post office card and loaded money onto it, I have never used anything of the sort so am I right in thinking that the rate you get when you spend on it depends on that day, just like if you were changing sterling to euro on different days of the week with different rates?
    • pantaiema
    • By pantaiema 10th Sep 19, 3:21 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    pantaiema
    To be fair, if you take advantage of the FairFx extra £35 worth of currency offer and use the card optimally, it's actually a good choice.
    Originally posted by EveryWhere

I wonder whether there are people here who manage to bag the second incentive.

I have done this before, I closed the account and then try to open a new account again, to get the bonus. I did not get the card, neither do they bother to communicate with me.
    Last edited by pantaiema; 10-09-2019 at 5:35 PM.
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 10th Sep 19, 5:07 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    I wonder whether they are people here who manage to bag the second incentive.

I have done this before, I closed the account and then try to open a new account again, to get the bonus. I did not get the card, neither do they bother to communicate with me.
    Originally posted by pantaiema
    Are you stating that you paid them £500 and they didn't supply you with a card? I think not.
    It's never nice when someone tries to play the system in a way that is simply not sustainable.

https://www.fairfx.com/l/mseeuro

*New FairFX customers only. Load £500 or more to qualify for the additional £35 credit.This will be added to your account as a voucher. Please see full Card Terms here: http://www.fairfx.com/terms.A minimum load of £50/Ä60/$75 is required to qualify for a free FairFX currency card.
    • pantaiema
    • By pantaiema 10th Sep 19, 5:47 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    pantaiema
    Are you stating that you paid them £500 and they didn't supply you with a card? I think not.
    I mean I got incentive using promotional offer a few years ago. I withdrew all of the money and then I close my FairFx account as I have other better mean of withdrawing cash in foreign currencies. Last year there were similar offer I tried applying new one online the new card never arrived. Probably they recosgnise my name.

It's never nice when someone tries to play the system in a way that is simply not sustainable.

https://www.fairfx.com/l/mseeuro

Well, keep in mind this is an MSE forum. I wonder if you have come accross the things like stoozing, switching incentives, open multiple accounts, etc. This is the place where people get info like this.
    Last edited by pantaiema; 10-09-2019 at 7:19 PM.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 10th Sep 19, 6:19 PM
    • 4,936 Posts
    • 3,034 Thanks
    eDicky
    My wife has got a post office card and loaded money onto it, I have never used anything of the sort so am I right in thinking that the rate you get when you spend on it depends on that day, just like if you were changing sterling to euro on different days of the week with different rates?
    Originally posted by Nevermind309
    Did she 'load' GBP or another currency?

Getting such a card is a mistake in any case, with awful PO exchange rate and various fees. It's cheaper to use a regular bank debit card which has fees for overseas use.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,972Users online

Martin's Twitter