Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrklaw
    • By mrklaw 8th Sep 19, 12:31 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mrklaw
    Third party apps for banking/budgeting?
    • 8th Sep 19, 12:31 PM
    Third party apps for banking/budgeting? 8th Sep 19 at 12:31 PM
    Any recommendations? Iím trying to better track day to day spending as I now work in London and itís so easy to just take the tube if itís raining, or grab a sandwich/coffee. I tried using WalletApp and Spendee as diary apps, entering purchases manually to see how they can summarise payments etc, but I havenít connected anything to my bank account yet.

Does anyone use apps like this and are they useful?
Page 1
    • sal_III
    • By sal_III 9th Sep 19, 9:06 AM
    • 1,395 Posts
    • 1,345 Thanks
    sal_III
    • 9th Sep 19, 9:06 AM
    • 9th Sep 19, 9:06 AM
    I'm using MoneyHub to aggregate all my bank accounts into a single view with categories etc. It has a web and app. Works with everything I have, the full list of supported banks is impressive. You can also keep track of mortgages, loans and savings too. The auto import of transactions is paid feature (£10/year) but you get 30 day trial.

Works a treat when you have multiple bank accounts in the family and want to see where the money goes to.

Also have some budgeting functions that I don't really use so can't comment.
    • mrmajika
    • By mrmajika 9th Sep 19, 7:41 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    mrmajika
    • 9th Sep 19, 7:41 PM
    • 9th Sep 19, 7:41 PM
    Money Dashboard is very good, has comprehensive tagging options and includes access to all the major banks and credit cards. Both the desktop browser software and app are very good.

Yolt is similar, with slightly less tagging options, but a more fluid app that can more easily update balances. They don't have a desktop version.

Both are completely free to use.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,724Posts Today

6,856Users online

Martin's Twitter