Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • simoneva
    • By simoneva 9th Sep 19, 12:19 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 0Thanks
    simoneva
    0 WOW
    credit card charges for paying for a flight
    • 9th Sep 19, 12:19 PM
    0 WOW
    credit card charges for paying for a flight 9th Sep 19 at 12:19 PM
    I thought this was made illegal in January 2018. Yet I just paid credit card charges with etraveli/mytrip.com which is part of amadeus one of the largest agents in the world.

They said it was not a credit card charge but a discount for paying by other methods. Does that make it legal?

Even the payment screen showed the amount with no card charges.
Page 1
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 9th Sep 19, 12:26 PM
    • 7,151 Posts
    • 7,903 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 9th Sep 19, 12:26 PM
    • 9th Sep 19, 12:26 PM
    As far as I'm aware it's now illegal for EU companies to charge differently for different methods of payment (credit card/debit card/cash) - I'm not sure where the companies you mention are based so don't know if this applies to them
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 9th Sep 19, 12:35 PM
    • 13,312 Posts
    • 9,167 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 9th Sep 19, 12:35 PM
    • 9th Sep 19, 12:35 PM
    I recall that MyTrip is Indian, and has a somewhat flexible attitude to telling customers the price. Anyway, take a screenshot of the payment screen, show it to your card provider, and the excess is likely to be returned to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,165Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter