All the single ladies vs 145k

Comments

• ninnoodle
    ninnoodle Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've put my SC on at night before, then turned it off in the morning, ready to serve into freezer portions (plus one for that evening's meal) when it has cooled. For recipes that have said 7-8 hours on low, I've had them for 10+ hours before and they're absolutely fine - but guess it depends on the recipe. For meat casseroles it's been fine and just tenderizes the meat even more in my experience.
  • Kerreh
    Kerreh Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks very much for the replies :) Think cooking it either overnight or at the weekend and portioning up sounds the way to go (leaving things on unnerves me when I'm not there)... may see if my mum has a slow cooker I can borrow before investing in one :j
    Aim 1:12mth Emergency Fund -> £9440/£16152 (58%) Aim 2: Car kicks the bucket Fund -> £9915/£17000 (58%)
  • I've enjoyed reading your diary so far, sofarbehind, and seeing the community that's already built up! I've just subscribed to follow your journey, so thought it only polite to say hello! :wave:
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thinking about it the heating is on a timer from 6-9am and I head to work at 6.30am so I am being a tit there.

Thank you - that made me properly laugh. Love an honest post and a bit of blunt self awareness :rotfl:
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • ninnoodle wrote: »
    I've put my SC on at night before, then turned it off in the morning, ready to serve into freezer portions (plus one for that evening's meal) when it has cooled,

This is a good idea. I completely understand you wanting to pay off as much as possible ASAP and get yourself into a better position just in case the work situation changes. This is exactly how I feel. At the moment I need a higher paying job and that makes me a bit uneasy
    Dot_Common wrote: »
    I've enjoyed reading your diary so far, sofarbehind, and seeing the community that's already built up! I've just subscribed to follow your journey, so thought it only polite to say hello! :wave:

Hello. :hello: Love your user name, brilliant. Thanks for subscribing, it really is shaping up to be a lovely little community already and I didn't expect that.
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Thank you - that made me properly laugh. Love an honest post and a bit of blunt self awareness :rotfl:

:D Glad to make your smile PP. The big news today is that the slow cooker is here!! Yay! It's been unpacked and it's surprisingly attractive as kitchen items go. I will attempt sausage casserole tomorrow night when I'm at home. I can't wait!
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • Living at my parent's at the moment, I don't get to benefit too much from using the slow cooker, but I do get to make dinner plus extras for all the family!! lol I'm looking forward to having all of that food to myself when I have a place of my own and my own slow cooker!! :rotfl:
    Credit Card: £5350 (£5210 remaining)
    Overdraft: £1498.68
    Loan 1: £5000 (£2252.26 remaining)
    Loan 2: £1656.90 - PAID!! :j
    Very: £703.97 (£553.97 remaining)
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge: £291.51/£2018
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Read it again and it still raised a chuckle:rotfl:

Yey to SC's arrival - let us know how you get on:)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Well the slow cooker is on and wafting a lovely sausage casserole smell around, fingers crossed it tastes OK because I will be eating it for a while. I spent £14 on the ingredients but this will make two batches and included three stock cupboard items. I also bought 10 of the take-way boxes recommend for £1.

I don't have a microwave so I am hopeful that I can just re-heat it on a stove / oven?? If I have to I will just buy a microwave.

I forced myself to running this morning, it's freezing and I really wanted to stay in bed. I really struggled and walked at least half of the 5k, I have got soooo unfit. I felt better afterwards, I just have to keep at it..
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • Well the slow cooker is on and wafting a lovely sausage casserole smell around, fingers crossed it tastes OK because I will be eating it for a while. I spent £14 on the ingredients but this will make two batches and included three stock cupboard items. I also bought 10 of the take-way boxes recommend for £1.

I don't have a microwave so I am hopeful that I can just re-heat it on a stove / oven?? If I have to I will just buy a microwave.

I forced myself to running this morning, it's freezing and I really wanted to stay in bed. I really struggled and walked at least half of the 5k, I have got soooo unfit. I felt better afterwards, I just have to keep at it..

Sounds like you're having a very productive day! My dad loves making a sausage casserole in the slow cooker, and it always turns out well.

Well done you forcing yourself to go for a run - getting healthier this year is one of my resolutions, but I'm not a runner at all! lol So I'm impressed by your determination! :T
    Credit Card: £5350 (£5210 remaining)
    Overdraft: £1498.68
    Loan 1: £5000 (£2252.26 remaining)
    Loan 2: £1656.90 - PAID!! :j
    Very: £703.97 (£553.97 remaining)
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge: £291.51/£2018
  • ninnoodle
    ninnoodle Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well the slow cooker is on and wafting a lovely sausage casserole smell around, fingers crossed it tastes OK because I will be eating it for a while. I spent £14 on the ingredients but this will make two batches and included three stock cupboard items. I also bought 10 of the take-way boxes recommend for £1.

Well done - positive changes and all for the better. It is hard to drag your a£^e out on a cold January morning so you can be proud :T I went to a circuits class and came back and sank into a lovely hot bath with a bath bomb I'd got for Christmas - total bliss! :) How was the casserole?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback