Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope today goes a bit better for you doll. I am off to Tesco tonight armed with my 4.94 budget and a list. I have put the extra money I have saved into my Christmas shopping budget, as that will no doubt come thick and fast now. I bought my boys some lovely fluffy pyjamas' last night to keep them snuggly as it gets colder. My LO kicks his blankets off himself then can't get them back to thick pyjamas and those heat-able teddies are the future for us!! xx
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hey Lauren, let me know what you get, I need to work out how much I spent at Tesco the other day, I think I'm close to £10, but not sure as got loads of cleaning of stuff so need to take that off first. Good thinking on the Christmas shopping fund. My children do exactly the same they have snuggly pyjamas too. I got them funky hot water bottles too, with strong Velcro covers on so they can't undo them. We fill them from the kettle from the woodburner in the winter. Lovely!! I do love snuggling in the winter!
  • ahhh they sound lovely. I got my microwavable ones so cheap a while ago. I try and avoid having the heating on all the time as winter comes in but I am a sucker for the fire, costs me a fortune I am sure, but I think it sets the mood ha ha . Yes I will. I have a carefully written out milk. I also got some M&S vouchers , not a lot but enough for a free block of cheese, hurrah lol. xx
  • laurenh1
    I managed to get some free milk , cheese and baking butter from Tesco ( I am making a lemon drizzle cake with some dubious looking lemons) .
    So, I just need some fruit and juice from Tesco tonight :D would you carry over any change, or spend it up to make next week easier?
  • missymoo81
    I'd carry it over Hun x
  • laurenh1
    Even better :D
  • Hope you're feeling a bit better today Missy x
  • laurenh1
    Hi :o

Lots reduced at Tesco :money: so I did ok:

Goats cheese salad 21p
    Lettuce 6p
    Crumpets 9p (x4 - 36p)
    Iced buns 9p
    Peaches 10p
    Bread pockets 10p
    Pan au chocolate12p
    Bake at home ciabatta rolls 9p (x2 - 18p)
    Melon medley 20p
    Raspberries 10p
    Sunny D drink 5p
    Bananas 48p
    Chicken breast 1.38
    Value cordial 42p
    Fish pie 17p

Spent 4.03 so I have 91p left in the budget :j hoping more of the same next week and to keep out of tesco over the weekend:rotfl: must must must sort through my freezer this weekend a make a list of things I need to eat and use up.

I have a lot of slightly squishy plums Ive been given if anyone has suggestions.

Hows your week gone for shopping missy xx
  • missymoo81
    I'm so sorry for being MIA I've been really poorly :(. At work today and on the mend, will catch up with everyone later x
  • Hope you're feeling a bit better xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport