£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Totally in agree-ance (if thats even a word?!) with your LBM post TOPM xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Thanks for all the comments about the LBM post. It's something that I've been thinking about over the past few days as I've had a little time to read others' diaries, and it really struck me how different the motivation and methodology is across the different diaries.

Another couple of work enquiries today - if they all come off I'll be able to rebuild the majority of my business account cushion over the next month or so. I find about 50% of enquiries actually turn into bookings though, so I won't hold my breath!

KantankrusMare, your comment about my lists made me laugh - I only include about a third of my day's lists on here, as it would be insane to include everything - I literally cannot get through the day without a list. I do write everything on it though, things most people probably manage without needing a list!

Had to manage the DCs alone this afternoon/evening as DH is away, but made the most of it by getting them to use up loads of crafty kits and activity books - double win as it doesn't feel like wasted money having them sitting there, and I can throw out all the packaging and stuff cluttering up my shelves! <and possibly the crafty tat itself once the DCs have forgotten about it>

to do today:
    1. Tidy and declutter the utility room, which has become a bit of a dumping ground. Did a little bit of this, cleared the space around the washing machines and the top of the machine (where all things get dumped on the way in from the back garden, as it's near the back door), but didn't get into the main bit of the utility room. Will add it to tomorrow's list.
    2. Knit a little more of the socks for my mum's birthday present - cheapest present ever, as they are using up loads of leftover scraps of yarn. They look bonkers, but my mum is v frugal and will appreciate the sentiment! Nothing done on these today, my DCs actually wanted entertaining after school, darn them!
    3. Plan budget Father's Day gift/activity. Have been having a think about this and no real inspiration is striking.
    4. Find the receipt for the silk shirt to return tomorrow. Done.
    5. Check whether we have any more homemade candles, and whether I need to order essential oils to make more if not. Forgot this, will do tomorrow.
    6. Go through the DC's Lego Sainsbury's cards and attempt to swap with a friend to get them the few missing ones - I keep doing more of my shop than necessary at Sainsbury's (rather than Lidl) to get maximum Lego cards. Will be glad when this ends next week, I totally gave in to pester power on it. Done. Have a couple of friends to message for swaps.
    7. Redo menu plan. In theory it runs out today, but we seem to have tons of food leftover, so I'm going to try to eke it out over the weekend with just a top up of milk and fruit. Done, and pleasingly I think we can get through until Monday only needing to buy 4 pints of milk, some butter and some apples and oranges. Ace.

to do this week:
    1. finish painting the pickets for the front fence. have managed a few more, hoping to get another batch done tomorrow
    2. plan June's working time (still haven't 'gone back' to work thanks to half term). Done!
    3. roughly plan out summer working time (i.e. where I can squeeze in the odd hour while the DC are on holiday).
    4. apply for new 0% balance transfer card. Done, accepted, DFD recalculated.
    5. research utilities providers - I suspect we can move again and save a little bit. Done. No real saving, but have avoided a price rise.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • I've got past the Katy Perry ticket thing now and have my eyes on some BOSE noise cancelling headphones today...
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • I've got past the Katy Perry ticket thing now and have my eyes on some BOSE noise cancelling headphones today...
    My diary is going to become the MSE version of a den of iniquity, isn't it?!
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Week 17: day 6

Gosh, an exciting morning! I threw myself out of bed at 4:30am to check results. Interested to see how things develop in terms of coalition talks.

Going to local city today (with DC3) to return my faulty shirt (I hate doing things like this, feel like the shop will think I have washed it wrong and am trying my luck. Wish me luck standing up for myself) so will inevitably spend some money on parking, but need to find something to pull together for a packed lunch so I don't spend any extra. Not sure what we have, but I can quickly make some tortilla wraps this morning to throw some leftovers into.

to do today:
    1. Try again to tidy and declutter the utility room, which has become a bit of a dumping ground.
    2. Knit a little more of the socks for my mum's birthday present.
    3. Plan budget Father's Day gift/activity. Have been having a think about this and no real inspiration is striking.
    4. Check whether we have any more homemade candles, and whether I need to order essential oils to make more if not.
    5. Magic a picnic out of thin air to take out with DC3 today.
    6. Make the most of the unexpected forecast sunshine and get laundry out on the line before heading out.
    7. Check DC1's cub camp packing list and see if we need to plan on buying anything.

to do this week:
    1. finish painting the pickets for the front fence. have managed a few more, hoping to get another batch done tomorrow
    2. plan June's working time (still haven't 'gone back' to work thanks to half term). Done!
    3. roughly plan out summer working time (i.e. where I can squeeze in the odd hour while the DC are on holiday).
    4. apply for new 0% balance transfer card. Done, accepted, DFD recalculated.
    5. research utilities providers - I suspect we can move again and save a little bit. Done. No real saving, but have avoided a price rise.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Definitely interesting times politically.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Yay, got a refund on faulty shirt. Doesn't give us any spare money, but does at least correct the overspends from last weekend before I changed my 'problem' kitty areas into weekly budgets.

Managed to only spend £4 on parking and £10.50 on new teaspoons (what DOES happen to teaspoons?), resisted splurging on cheap clothes in H&M and on new mugs in John Lewis (I hate our mugs). Go me.
  • Yay to the refund!!

We lose teaspoons too, so annoying!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Refund :j

£10.50 on teaspoons :eek: :eek: just to lose them again :o:rotfl:
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Ikea is your friend for teaspoons - I got a box of at least 20 teaspoons for £1.50! We also manage to lose teaspoons...can't imagine why! I blame it on living in a house with three males.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure