Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Good luck and fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly for you!!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Thanks jessey103. Sent 1st payment to builder and he is due to start work on Tuesday. His guys are bringing some stuff over to put on our driveway on Friday so they can start straight away on Tuesday. Fingers crossed it's third time lucky.

We are away for a long weekend Friday to Monday and need to start packing for this tonight.
  • Made another overpayment to mortgage today of £80 and some money into the savings from the credits if gas and electric when we switched supplier.

Had a great time away for the long weekend. Back to normal with kids at school and im back to work tomorrow.

Excellent news the builder turned up this morning and has started digging out the back. Going forward now a days see how hectic things come over the next several months.

Son is so excited as he has his 1st wobbly tooth so tooth fairy Willbe visiting soon no doubt.
  • Kids think it funny having a huge hole in the back garden so back door is out of bounce. Builder is talking to structural engineer about a problem with founds so will find out later in week if found a resolution with no cost or some cost?

Scary stuff when skip lorry tried to pick up the filled skip and both front wheels were off the ground quite high. Worked on 2nd attempt and then had to go down the street to take off the filled skip, back to us to deliver new skip and then back to get filled skip.

I'm glad I'm at work the next few days so my heart is not in my mouth all the time.
  • Well brickwork is in place for the fkundations. This week I believe scaffold will arrive to do the brickwork. Builder seems to think it will be mostly finished for us to have e Xmas dinner in the new extension. Trying to pack up daughter room a bit at a time now rather than rushing when it needs emptying.

Sons tooth fell out on Thursday so tooth fairy came and left £2 coin as it the 1st tooth but son is telling everyone he got £10.

Grocery spend for September was £295 which is normal for us. It Willbe interesting to see if I save anything over October and November as we only have the 1 freezer inside as the outside freezer is switch off incase the builders hit the cable which goes from the house to the hut. So trying to buy only what we need instead of stocking up on reduced meats etc.

It's our 12th wedding anniversary so going out for dinner to a local Italian restaurant for pre-theatre menu with the kids tonight, since hubbie got extra in his wages this month so decided to go out and then put the rest in the savings as it will be spend over the next few weeks.
  • We had no builders yesterday as it was really windy here so not safe.

Turned up today to continue with the foundations.and the kits has arrived so it's going up this week I believe and roof next week.
  • Made an overpayment today of £160 to the mortgage. Hoping to make another payment of something when hubbie gets his expenses in.
  • Made an overpayment today of £76. Building work going well and hope to be watertight by end of week. Need to empty daughter's room of some furniture next weekend and whilst off school so some internal works will be done in her room..
  • Spoke to builder this morning before school run as he is talking about knitting out one of the bathrooms next week. I asked when we need to order the bathroom stuff as this has not been done - awaiting an answer but says that the tiler should be here next week after plumber done the pipe work. I said he was going to try to source a tiler and we would pay them direct - he does not know a tiler. Spoke to a father of a boy in my sons class who is a tiler and he can maybe juggle to do the work sometime next week
    . He is coming round to speak to us tomorrow night but need to speak to the builder and see if he will also be around so that we can try to match it all up. Getting a bit stressed as
    No should probably be out of the house as they are hammering the outer house skin so all you hear is loud bangs. Was out in morning but need to do stuff here. The joys.
  • Had meeting with tiler and builder last night. Lots of problem arose today which my dad and Hubble dealt with and it resolved but at a small extra cost. Roof was due to go on Friday but I believe it's now delayed until Monday. Builder has to form the ensuite room and get it knitted out ready for the tiler to do his work on Wednesday so that they can fit the shower etc later that week and then we can use this and they can demolish the old bathroom.

Saturday after kids have their activities in the morning they are going to friends for a bit whilst we run about tile shop and the bathroom shop to pay and get the order ready for the builder to pick up. On Sunday will need to empty daughter room and go to get some stuff from Screwfix. It's going to be a hectic weekend and spending lots of money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback