PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• GQ am an honorary member of the Red Hat society! It's my all time fav poem and philosophy :-)

Fuddle my hair was jet black/bluey black until my early 50's and I was *always* asked if I dye it, as am fair skinned. No, I don't.
    It's fading now to very dark brown with some grey hairs but not too many.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Maybe not he best thing to confess on a preppers thread, but I'm currently sporting ash blond with a rose pink toner on..... :D
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    ....and I am getting my blue and purple topped up at the hairdressers tomorrow. It makes me look as if I have blue-purple hair with silver streaks.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    :p When my auburn hair has finally finished whitening (between about 20-50% there already, depending on which part of my head) I intend to regard it as a blank canvas and have some seriously wacky fun.

About 35 years ago, I was in a seaside town where two punkettes, one with purple and one with blue hair, were being loudly mocked on the street by two seniors for their artificial hair colours.

What was absolutely cracking me up at the time is that one elderly lady had a blue rinse which was almost turquoise, and the other's purple rinse was near violet.:rotfl:

If you'd stood the four females together, you'd've struggled to differentiate the shades on the punkettes and the seniors.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I love dyes, highlights and lowlights BUT can't use them any more so I just have grey hair and enjoy the invisibility :) I have caught myself thinking about wigs recently though:rotfl:
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,073
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I quite like the idea of wigs too Cappella. I have to keep my hair reasonably conservative for work (my hairdresser keeps it as edgy as she can while still keeping it professional and acceptable to my employers/clients) but would love to be able to be more experimental.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2017 at 10:52AM
    Meanwhile I have a couple of knitted hats in plain colours to instantly cover up the hair and become an anonymous old lady with a teacosy on her head. And warm lugs..
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,652
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Unfortunately I have the kind of thin, fine hair that really shows artificial colours in exactly the wrong way; my scalp kind of glares through, especially as it always ends up really irritated by the dyestuffs. But luckily it's also doing pretty well at keeping the dark chestnut, with just a few strands of silver. Just wish my eyebrows would keep up! I've had them tinted a few times but usually ended up looking somewhat clownish, so now I'm plucking up courage & saving up to have them gently tattooed back in. Have to say, though, that on the couple of times when they got my eyebrows right, my sales figures shot up; I must look more professional!
    Angie - GC March 24 24 £486.13/£500: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2017 at 10:17AM
    This is probably going to sound like a daft question:rotfl: - okay it is...but does tattooing of eyebrows hurt (ie like tattoo "tattoos" would iyswim)?

Or do they use some sort of local anaesthetic/if so - does it work fine? As it's being done for a very different reason to tattoo "tattoos"...

I do know what you mean by hairdyes on fine hair - darn it. There are times when I think "If I try hard enough I must be able to think of a haircovering that looks like it's just being worn purely for decorative reasons - rather than other reasons" and is a deliberate part of an outfit. Haven't really figured that one out yet....
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I love the way this thread wanders off into inconsequential byways.

Ah thriftwizzard, I am so unfortunately with you on the scalp gleaming through the thin fine hair.
    I leave mine to its elderly, greying ageing horridness and hope that the shocking pink jeggings will distract folk from noticing same.

Fat chance, but hope springs eternal.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business