1070 gtx causing audio crackling sound.

Options
Sorry for posting a double thread but I was told to create a new thread. As previously mentioned in the old thread I installed a new 1070 gpu. It has caused the audio to start noticeably cracking I tried updating to the latest driver and the crackling got worst.

It seems like it is some sort of driver issue. Does anyone have any solutions? Thank you.

Comments

• economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe it’s the audio card rather then the graphics? Have you tried updating the audio drivers?
  • Luffy321
    Luffy321 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I have isolated the source of the sound distortion. It is both Nvidia Hd audio driver and Corsair link that are causing it. The longer I leave Corsair link open it increases cpu load and my computer start to get choppy. As soon as I close it and stop it running in the background everything goes back to normal.

I actually need corsair link to control the cooler so I dont know what to do about it.
  • Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd use this to completely uninstall the old drivers if I was changing the graphics card
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
    You don't need the Nvidia HD audio drivers unless you are connecting via hdmi. (IIRC)
    Plenty about it on the net if you Google it.
    I disabled the Nvidia driver and then did a fresh install of the audio drivers.
  • Luffy321
    Options
    Thank you. I will try a the program and do a clean install of the graphic driver and corsair link, the problem with the nvdia hd audio drivers however, is windows automatically installs it when I uninstall it.
  • Luffy321
    Options
    I downloaded latencymon and it says my system is struggling with real time audio. Nvlddmkm.sys is the highest cause DPC as well as Corsair Link. Im going to use DDU as well as update my bios and and realtek driver audio.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Luffy321 wrote: »
    I actually need corsair link to control the cooler so I dont know what to do about it.

Why do you need Corsair Link to control the cooler? My 1060GTX does all kinds of fantastic stuff including LED strobing, allowing you to control how many of its three fans run and at what speeds they come on but if I don't install the app then it defaults to a bog standard mapping in the graphics card BIOS for the fans and the LEDs just stay red. It works just fine.
  • Luffy321
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Why do you need Corsair Link to control the cooler? My 1060GTX does all kinds of fantastic stuff including LED strobing, allowing you to control how many of its three fans run and at what speeds they come on but if I don't install the app then it defaults to a bog standard mapping in the graphics card BIOS for the fans and the LEDs just stay red. It works just fine.

Are you talking about the gpu cooler? I need corsair link for the h110i cpu cooler I have installed.
  • Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Luffy321 wrote: »
    Thank you. I will try a the program and do a clean install of the graphic driver and corsair link, the problem with the nvdia hd audio drivers however, is windows automatically installs it when I uninstall it.
    Yes, you can't not install it, and if you disable it, it seems to get enabled again.
    I've been trying to remember what I did. I think what did the trick after uninstalling the graphics driver, and doing a "clean" install, was then installing the actual dedicated sound driver after. Realtek in my case.
    If you have stuff overclocked I'd undo that while problem finding as well.
  • Luffy321
    Options
    Okay it has been a long hour. Uninstalled corsair link and GPU driver using DDU. Updated BIOS and got the black screen of death. Somehow managed to restart it and update BIOS. This in itself feels like a miracle. Updated realteek audio drivers. Reinstalled gpu drivers and I'm still getting high latency specifically from storport.sys (Microsoft Storage Port Driver) and nvlddmkm.sys (Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver).

Can anyone help me?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You do not need corsair link software running. Most users connect the Rad fans to the MB headers and let the MB control the fan speed.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure