Yorkshire BS Regular Saver c2008 vintage slashed

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,088 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 9 October 2017 at 3:36PM
    mhoc wrote: »
    thank you for confirming this.

But do I rest on my laurels with my Regular Saver October Issue 2 - will that go the same way and be closed down?
    I know it can only be an educated guess.

/QUOTE]

I have had miserable letters relating to Issue 1 and Issue 2 (January) :(

Issue 2 will also become a Single Access Saver Unique Edition with bonus calculated and credited on 13 October ( Bonus up to 13 December)-

Unrestricted access between 14 October and 13 December without loss of bonus or interest
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2017 at 4:22PM
    so Issue 2 is going as well but I have not had a letter from YBS to confirm this as of yet ....

I messaged YBs and got this reply

"all issues of the Regular Saver will be affected by the upcoming changes. We are currently in the process of issuing these letters to all of our impacted customers so you should be receiving yours soon"

To me this sounds like even the miserable newest 1.75% regular saver will be going as well
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 October 2017 at 4:39PM
    Here's their reply to my email from Friday...

on the 15th, I am going to leave £100 in the regular saver/single access saver and transfer the rest to my Internet Saver then to my nominated current account.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. Your letter will be with you shortly.

All bonuses will be paid on the 14th October 2017. If you continue to follow the conditions of the account until the 14th October 2017 your bonus will be calculated from the 1st August 2017 until the 13th October 2017 and then another bonus calculated from the 14th October to the 13th December 2017.

If you are not eligible for a bonus we will provide a gesture of goodwill bonus payment on the 14th October calculated from the 14th October to the 13th December 2017 on a maximum balance of £20K.

You¿ll have unrestricted access to your Regular Saver savings between 14th October 2017 and 13th December 2017, so you can transfer your money to another account with us, or close your account completely without loss of bonus or interest.

On 14th December 2017 your balance, interest and any eligible bonus will be transferred to our Single Access Saver Unique Edition for 12 months.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Speculator wrote: »
    Here's their reply to my email from Friday...

on the 15th, I am going to leave £100 in the regular saver/single access saver and transfer the rest to my Internet Saver then to my nominated current account.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. Your letter will be with you shortly.

All bonuses will be paid on the 14th October 2017. If you continue to follow the conditions of the account until the 14th October 2017 your bonus will be calculated from the 1st August 2017 until the 13th October 2017 and then another bonus calculated from the 14th October to the 13th December 2017.

If you are not eligible for a bonus we will provide a gesture of goodwill bonus payment on the 14th October calculated from the 14th October to the 13th December 2017 on a maximum balance of £20K.

You¿ll have unrestricted access to your Regular Saver savings between 14th October 2017 and 13th December 2017, so you can transfer your money to another account with us, or close your account completely without loss of bonus or interest.

On 14th December 2017 your balance, interest and any eligible bonus will be transferred to our Single Access Saver Unique Edition for 12 months.

so do we continue with our standing orders to put money into YBS regular savers in November and December - or just reduce then down to the minimum amount?

Just pondering on the alternatives. The fully flexible ISAs or bonds pay less than 1.5% unless you want to tie up for longer than a year
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Speculator
    edited 9 October 2017 at 4:59PM
    We will be stopping our S/Os but we may pay in 2 x £490 into our Regulars tomorrow to get 2 months free 3.50% bonus on £980. (we only paid in £10 x 2 this month)

Accounts I have/will be opening,

Chorley Members Festive Fund x 2
    NS&I x 2
    Virgin x 2
    Leeds Regular x 2

The rest will go into our BOS/Lloyds and Santander 123 current accounts.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2017 at 7:25PM
    I'm going to withdraw all but £10 on or ASAP after 14th October, then put £490 in to make up the £500 allowed for October. On 1st of November I'm going to put £500 in, ditto 1st December.

A little extra interest after locking in the two months suppositional interest on 14th October.

So if I've got it right I can still get interest at 3.55% for an additional two months on the £500 allowed deposits from October 14th to December 13th.
  • Speculator
    I'm going to withdraw all but £10 on or ASAP after 14th October, then put £490 in to make up the £500 allowed for October. On 1st of November I'm going to put £500 in, ditto 1st December.

A little extra interest after locking in the two months suppositional interest on 14th October.

So if I've got it right I can still get interest at 3.55% for an additional two months on the £500 allowed deposits from October 14th to December 13th.

Can't you pay in the £490 before the 13th and withdraw the £490 after the 14th of October and get 2 months free interest on the £490 October payment?
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Speculator wrote: »
    Can't you pay in the £490 before the 13th and withdraw the £490 after the 14th of October and get 2 months free interest on the £490 October payment?

No because it would take me over the limit and before 14th the current rules apply and I'd lose all my bonus and that would make me very sad!
  • radford
    radford Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone have both/either of the general and the specific terms and conditions going back to Issue 1. This is such a major change to the terms of the account (removing an annual bonus) that I cannot believe it would have been anticipated at the time. The current terms permitting changes, include 'to enable us to manage our business (and its growth) prudently', but I doubt whether this was included as a term some 10 years ago, and even if it was, I doubt it would be considered to cover the change being implemented. If you have got a copy of the original terms, I would be interested in seeing it (I am currently going through some old paperwork, but doubt if I still have it - last time I went in to have the book made up, the cashier commented that it was important for me to maintain the regular payments, as then they couldn't remove the bonus!).
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    They are not just removing the bonus, they are removing the whole account?

Doubt they have any mandatory responsibility to offer the account until the end of time or YBS!?

It is gutting so do your best to reverse the decision but when has such a challenge ever made a difference?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure