Blue Badge advice needed

melbury
melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 12 October 2019 at 2:24PM in Disability money matters
My OH recently applied for a blue badge. We sent a copy of his PIP award (he gets the required 8 points for the mobility part, due to not being able to plan a journey or travel alone).

Today he received a letter from the Council stating that they need sight of the PIP award letter (which they already have a copy of) and then a further sentence as follows, quote:

"If the letter is dated more than 12 months ago, then we will also need your annual updating letter."

Resolved - found out what they are talking about:)
Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I use Blue Badge.
    Previous I had to call DWP and request an upto date Annual pip statement for 50% road ax discount.
    It was sent from dwp in a few days.
    Best you call dwp and request upto date Annual Pip statement.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    melbury wrote: »
    My OH recently applied for a blue badge. We sent a copy of his PIP award (he gets the required 8 points for the mobility part, due to not being able to plan a journey or travel alone).

Today he received a letter from the Council stating that they need sight of the PIP award letter (which they already have a copy of) and then a further sentence as follows, quote:

"If the letter is dated more than 12 months ago, then we will also need your annual updating letter."

Resolved - found out what they are talking about:)

Just so that you know, receiving 8 points in the following and planning a journey part doesn’t automatically qualify for a BB. You need to have scored 10 points in descriptor E.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure