MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• mysecretalias
    Options
    Congrats 9ja4life!!! Sorry it wasn't the birth you had hoped for but I'm glad everything is good with you and baby :)
    Our first baby due 25th May 2014 :T

Maternity leave fund: £3000/£6000 :T
  • mysecretalias
    Options
    Polkadots that really sucks :( I know how depressing my hip pain can get so to have the extend to how your suffering I can't imagine :( xxx

• samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    polka_dots - I have a bad back and that is painful but it sounds like you are really suffering. :(

AFM - can't believe time is going so fast now. I have 2 months left at work and literally the days are flying.

Hope the sweep goes well Birdie85!
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Polka dots sorry to hear you are in pain :(

I really need to do my hospital bag this week, better finish shopping for it!

37+1
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • squ1rrel5
    Options
    Have your cramps disappeared now Becca? I'm getting pain down in my lower groin area today and the top of my bump feels like it's deflated a bit, think baby is moving her way down!!!!
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Options
    Big hugs Polka_dots, sounds just awful. :(

Sweep wasn't great this morning. Cervix is still long and hard (???) so the midwife basically said she'd see me at the same time next week! :( Woke up with period type cramps and upset tummy but since then everything's gone back to normal. :o
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning :) I'm chuffed that I managed to work to walk this morning although my umbrella is now a bit battered. I think my sleepless nights have caught up with me today as I am cream crackered. Its going to be a caffeine day to keep me going as I'm going for tapas meal with work tonight and have to stay awake.

Aren't hormones wonderful polka_dots Is there any chance of the pain improving?
    I'm really wanting to buy pink or blue, keep seeing lovely outfits !! I worry as we have hardy any outfits at all... We have like 3...
    Lots of white babygrows mind you. I just don't want to buy neutral outfits though... People keep saying don't worry people will buy loads but what I they don't and baby has no clothes lol!! I'll need to run to the shops like 2 days after birth !!!

I wouldn't worry about not having any outfits con1888 baby can live in babygrows for months (DS did) as after the 200th nappy change you just want something easy access :) I have 5 newborn outfits as I couldn't resist :D

Come on Baby Bird! we are all waiting to met you......
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • sjlou
    sjlou Posts: 572 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Well I saw the doctor yday and my headaches are nothing pregnancy related which is a relief. He just suggested having a few days off work and getting plenty of rest. So I'm doing just that!
    Babys heartbeat was as strong as usual and I had no other signs pointing to pre eclampsia.

sounds like your body isnt ready yet birdie. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait till a sweep next week for things to start moving.

smlsave is the weather bad near you? We've got snow coming down at the moment! :eek: mmmm love a bit of tapas, hope you feel up for it later.

Congratulations 9ja4life!

Polkadots hope you're feeling better today.

I've not bought any outfits really either con. I like seeing small babies in babygrows! And im sure we'll get bought some anyway.
    :heart: Mini me due March 2014 :heart:
  • mysecretalias
    Options
    Hi all just checking in to find out if birdie had popped yet :D

I'm working from home this afternoon, had my third physio appointment this morning and things with my hip do seem to have improved slightly which is good. It is so flooded around my area it took me ages to get there, and then I had to park a short walk away and by the time i got back to the car I was soaked through so decided to come home and work rather than going into the office, so now I'm snuggled up in bed under the blanket with a cup of tea on my work laptop :)

Wish I could work from home everyday!!

Going to a couples antenatal yoga workshop tonight with my OH! Really looking forward to it! Hope everyone else is good! Smlsave sorry to hear you're so tired, I get days like that :(

Birdie my fingers are crossed for you for some progress over the next few days!!!

• cllola
    cllola Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    9ja4life - congratulations, i hope you and Ethan are enjoying getting to know each other.

Birdie - hope things get going for you soon!

Had a bit of a stressful couple of days. I am full of cold which doesnt help things but basically we have been served notice to move out of our rented house by 9th April. We have been having ongoing problems with the boiler for 10 months now and we had no heating or hot water for two days over the weekend so sent a rather stern complaint to the letting agent regarding this and a couple of other issues that are not being sorted. Anyway we had a hand delivered letter through the door giving us our notice on Sunday. The letting agent has spit his dummy out because we have suggested that he has either been lying to the landlords or he has broken contractual law. He told the landlords that someone had been out to the house to fix the issues but when the landlords came round to us to enquire we told them no one had been round/contacted us to gain entry. so either the letting agent has lied or he has let someone in witout us knowing, which breaks the tenancy agreement. He has also said that basically if we go to his office and beg and take back the accusation of lying then he will 'make it all go away' and we can stay in our house!

Needless to say we dont want to be dealing with this man anymore and it looks like we will be moving at 8 month pregnant! Such a shame because we were hoping to stay there until we are in a position to buy in about a years time. Also my son goes to school in the village and there are no rental properties available in the area :-(

I'm trying to stay relaxed because my blood pressure has a tendancy to become high quite easily but i'm on the verge of tears everytime i think about it!

Sorry for the rant...Just realised i have written a bit of an essay.

Hope everyone is well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport