MSE Parents Club Part 13

Comments

• elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Welcome to the world, Leonie :) Congrats Piggers :D

For tomorrow..
    :bdaycake: _party_ :D Happy Birthday Elijah and (Carla's) Christopher :D _party_ :bdaycake:

I miss Carla :(

Btw, November mummies, wasn't scared off.. it was just nice to see you all celebrating each other's LO's varying achievements and not getting competitive or worried about anything :o
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    I love reading the chatter from November mummies, because it's what i look forward to in a month's time. :D

My AF came back in June, but then didn't have it last month, so I guess it's still settling down. Just in the past week, Finn seems to be leaning towards dropping his late morning feed, which i guess means he's getting more food. I'm wondering when to attempt nothing in the night - or is that not for a while? I can't really tell if it's habit or still genuine hunger still!

Congrats pigpn! Harley, we've missed u! Beenie, come back and say how Amber's doing!

Seems quiet from a bunch of people lately...tia, elle haven't been posting much.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Morning. I'm up at stupid o'clock as I'm off to work this morning :eek:. It is so peaceful here though as OH and H are still in bed.

Susan- that quote made me :eek:.

Aless- I still feed H at night if he wakes up, which isn't that often but maybe once a week or so. He still takes quite a lot of milk if he does wake, so I assume he must be hungry rather than comfort sucking. It doesn't bother me to feed him and it doesn't seem to make him wake more often so I'm happy to stick with it.

I'm pleased MSE is down for two hours when I will be at work anyway :rotfl:.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    Early mornings on non school days, who's the fool eh? Couldn't get back to sleep so got up an hour early. May as well sort some breakfast out for folks.

Lucy is going into work this morning to finalise her leaving as another part timer is taking the extra hours. She's a little sad, but relieved. We have the land sale money to live on for a few years, although I want to start my own thing eventually and I need to get someone in to turn the big landing area into a bedroom once the kids go back to school, to cause them as little disruption as possible. Shouldn't be a huge job. Last time the chap I hired took a couple of days, but that's because he didn't mess around, so will look at him again as he was good.

Then we shall spend the day - whisper it quietly Christmas Shopping. Well, most of the day. It will be the shopping you do for relatives/friends etc that are token gifts. Take the girls out and grab some lunch too and hope the rain stays away as we'll be walking. I'm sure we'll get some other bits too or the girls will be bored :p

Must get new car sorted ASAP as well. Anyone up to date on cars and whether if I buy a new/used car I can drive it straight away - if it's taxed that is, or do I have to sort out my insurance for the new car first? Been ages since I bought a new motor.

What has everyone else got planned for today? Anything exciting?

Happy Birthday to those with Birthdays. Where is Carla btw? I like(d) Carla. Friendly lady. She must have disappeared when I did and never came back. Button? She was here fairly recently, but not so recent.

Have a nice day all, best go get this breakfast for everyone.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Congrats pigpen and happy birthday Elijah and Christopher!
    Has anyone seen this about Gisele apologising? Her last comment in this article made me almost as mad as the first comments she made!

On a similar vein, did anyone see that interview from Chanelle offof Big Brother? She said she's expressing and bottle feeding because she's had some problems but also she doesn't want to be out and have people see her boobs. Eh?! YOU'RE A GLAMOUR MODEL!

Me too, SJ, and I think Chanelle means "see my boobs without the airbrushing".
    gill_81uk wrote: »
    Hmmm playing devil's advocate a bit here but do you think a lot of what she wanted to say was lost in translation? Ie it should be the law because that would have made it easier for her to continue.

I didn't get that. I think she said something stupid and is backpedalling.

Feeling slightly better this morning but still :mad:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • ManOnTheMoon
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Me too, SJ, and I think Chanelle means "see my boobs without the airbrushing".

I didn't get that. I think she said something stupid and is backpedalling.

Did Chanelle actually settle down with someone? I'm guessing someone famous or at least someone with money. Would be unlike Chanelle to go for anything less.

I took the Giselle thing as a stupid comment that she has probably been told to backtrack on by someone in her entourage who has a litle bit more intelligence, but i'm open to being wrong.
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    MOTM, I'm fairly confident you need to sort insurance before driving the car, but I can imagine a trip from the sales lot to your house would be fine - otherwise how would people get cars home??

Pretty good night - no wake-ups that I remember (other than the usual feed), but he did try and get us up at 4:45am. Mama was not having it, so he actually did go back to sleep until 6:30, woohoo! :j

Good luck at work, GISI. Is it your first day in the new place or am I going mad?

Happy birthday Elijah! And Christopher!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Somnium
    Somnium Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Morning all forum still working atm! But will prob go mid post so will make this post brief.

Boo - I keep meaning to ask where do you get Isla's lovely flowery hair nbands from?

MOTM - you can generally drive 2nd hand cars away there and then as long as all the paperwork is sorted, insurance is down to you, but may vary between garages. I generally get insurance to swap over at the time I know Ill be collecting car, but have never been asked to show it by a garage.

Happy Birthday Elijah x

Have decided Gisele B is a div!! Talk about back peddling!

SJ - eek about MIL and taking alfies food, I have a feeling this will be my MIL too!

Oh and update on the Mura still no word from first lady so think thats a no go, and now the second one has been snapped up on BIN :( I told other half I nearly bought it even tho he said no, and he came back with "well why didnt you" so now am sulking even more, especially as I cant find anymore going locally now so gonna have to wait. If anyone is bored and fancies tracking down for me I'd love you for ever x

Right hopefully by the time I get back from Ts weigh in you'll all be back.
    Baby :female: Tahlie Lois born 15/3/10 7lb 12 oz :heartpuls
    Working on baby no2 :D
  • ManOnTheMoon
    aless02 wrote: »
    MOTM, I'm fairly confident you need to sort insurance before driving the car, but I can imagine a trip from the sales lot to your house would be fine - otherwise how would people get cars home??

Pretty good night - no wake-ups that I remember (other than the usual feed), but he did try and get us up at 4:45am. Mama was not having it, so he actually did go back to sleep until 6:30, woohoo! :j

Been researching. I believe I can either decide on the car and phone the insurer and insure over the phone or use the dealers in house insurance company and all that can be done in an hour. Or go back the next day.

I'll probably buy, go home and insure and go back the following day. Sounds easy enough, so if I go and look tomorrow, I may get a new vehicle by the weekend - all going to plan.

Glad you had a decent night. Try as he might, you would not be moved :cool:
  • ManOnTheMoon
    Somnium wrote: »
    Morning all forum still working atm! But will prob go mid post so will make this post brief.

MOTM - you can generally drive 2nd hand cars away there and then as long as all the paperwork is sorted, insurance is down to you, but may vary between garages. I generally get insurance to swap over at the time I know Ill be collecting car, but have never been asked to show it by a garage.

Oh and update on the Mura still no word from first lady so think thats a no go, and now the second one has been snapped up on BIN :( I told other half I nearly bought it even tho he said no, and he came back with "well why didnt you" so now am sulking even more, especially as I cant find anymore going locally now so gonna have to wait. If anyone is bored and fancies tracking down for me I'd love you for ever x

I thought it was 8am, but now says 10am. I won't be here then :p

I think i've worked out the insurance now. Back in the day it was never as easy as it is now. Will go for a wander tomorrow and see what we all like.

:rotfl:@ OH. He says no, you don't and he then asks why? tut tut ;) Hope you find a new one soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure