Boost your Nectar Points Discussion Area

Comments

• llh189
    llh189 Posts: 533 Forumite
    I have just changed to EDF energy and got 5000 extra nectar points - plus an extra 150 points per quarter.

I also log on to amazon etc via the Nectar website, I get extra points that too, they also have lots of other people you can log on to to get extra points.
  • mellyp
    mellyp Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Try joining up to TNS to do online surveys, the points you are awarded are converted into nectar points. I have completed a survey today worth 1500 points. They're not all like this though, usually anything from 30-250 points a survey.

http://www.mytns.com/default.asp

The above is the homepage, there isn't an option to join, but there is a contact us option there, not sure if they are recruiting at the moment, but worth sending them a quick note expressing your interest.
  • slonik
    slonik Posts: 132 Forumite
    One of the best value ways of using your Nectar points is to get the Cannons gym passes. It's 1000 points for a weekend and 2,000 points for a month - both for two people. For comparion, a day pass to a gym in London is usually at least £10. I did compile a spreadsheet to work out which deals are best value, but don't know how to post it on here. Basically, as the article said, most deals work out at about 50 pence per 100 nectar points. Other than Cannons, Blockbuster DVD rental and Adams Kids (the last two as mentioned in the article), other decent deals are the discount vouchers for Thomson holidays and for British Pullman/Orient Express. The restaurant vouchers (TGI Fridays, Brewers Fayre) are also good value, but not as great a deal as they seem as you can only use one £5 off voucher at a time and you have to buy two main courses. The theme park tickets work out mostly at 60-70 pence per 100 points - so a better deal than Sainsburys shopping, but not as good as some of the other deals. The experience/days out deals are among the worst value at less than 50 pence per 100 points.
    Snootchie Bootchies!
  • bjornfree
    bjornfree Posts: 19 Forumite
    Buy-it-now purchases on ebay get You 8 nectar points for a £2 minimum spend-I needed rechargeable batteries,and I don't have to travel to buy them :)
    Ipoints 5392
    Pigsback Piggypoints 2250
    Nectar points 1400
    GFK TV Survey £5 Amazon voucher (Oct)Archerfish £3 (Paypal)
    Mylot £9 (Oct):beer:
  • blackberry-rum
    blackberry-rum Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    I got 50 free red geranium plugs with my Nectar points in spring; I'm trying to decide between wallflowers and scented violas for the autumn display! I think these are great value as you don't have to travel to a place and buy food etc while you're there. I'm going to look into the Ebay thing though, I buy lots from there.
    :jThat's 2 stone 9 lbs gone forever:j

thank you Slimming World!
  • Tibbie's_mum
    Tibbie's_mum Posts: 998 Forumite
    Just read on the thread about Tesco Clubcard points, that if you have old receipts that cannot have points added to card instore because they are over 4 weeks old, you can send them direct to Tesco to have them done.

Does anybody know if there is a similar procedure with Nectar Points as I've only recently started to collect them and have loads of large value receipts which are over 4 weeks old.

Many thanks in advance.
  • Just read on the thread about Tesco Clubcard points, that if you have old receipts that cannot have points added to card instore because they are over 4 weeks old, you can send them direct to Tesco to have them done.

Does anybody know if there is a similar procedure with Nectar Points as I've only recently started to collect them and have loads of large value receipts which are over 4 weeks old.

Many thanks in advance.

if you take them to customer services and explain your card has just come they will add them on for you there and then. I have done this when I lost my card and had to wait for a new card. Had no problems at all.

hth

woas.
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • RajaStyle
    RajaStyle Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    200 extra points for signing up to ebookers weekly emailed newsletter https://www.ebookers.co.uk
  • lily_the_pink
    lily_the_pink Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mellyp wrote:
    Try joining up to TNS to do online surveys, the points you are awarded are converted into nectar points. I have completed a survey today worth 1500 points. They're not all like this though, usually anything from 30-250 points a survey.

http://www.mytns.com/default.asp

The above is the homepage, there isn't an option to join, but there is a contact us option there, not sure if they are recruiting at the moment, but worth sending them a quick note expressing your interest.

I have just done a survey worth 1500 nectar points - took around an hour but you can take a break if you want while doing. First decent one I have had from TNS but has definately made it worth while doing. I now have earned 11700 points this year without actually buying anything. (the other 10,000 was from the Ford test drive)

I am sure the Laithwaites wine deals used to cost less nectar points. Difficult to work out how good value they are as Laithwaites wine is always available at a discount. Some of the cases though on face value are around 60p per 100 nectar points. I might just wait though and buy wine from Sainsbury when on offer.
  • Bertville
    Bertville Posts: 193 Forumite
    Be aware that if you sign up to receive the Nectar points from EDF Energy, you will be losing out on the cash discount which is available for paying by Direct Debit. It is still possible to receive some points for reading your own meters.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback