MSE Parents Club Part 7

Comments

• keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Oh a new thread! I will get my internet back if it kills me! stupid talktalk! Having to keep coming to my moms (good job she loves seeing Elliot!)
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • elle_gee wrote: »
    Nearest source of nutrition is Rhys' bottle but I'm not that desperate ;) OH is at work.. home late cos he's going to check on IL's houses (they're in America right now). Can't wait for him to get home to show him the clothes :o

Need :grouphug:? Have you had a reply to your letter yet?

I had a taste of some milk the other day, as I thought it was off. Throwing up confirmed that! Thought I'd taste some fresh stuff today and that isn't particularly nice.

No reply from letter, but I phoned today. Secretary is off today, so will phone again tomorrow.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Oh a nice shiny thread!

Maz - this thread moves way faster than the pregnancy thread! think it's cos in the last few months all the chatty ones have moved over - me included!

Why, oh why does OH give me the laptop (MY Laptop, I must add!) to do my stuff and b00ger off just as Jack is about to wake up :mad::mad:

I'll probably not be on much over the next few days (Hooray, I hear you cry! ;)) - got visitors and stuff going on.
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

Where does the time go? :think:
  • Glamazon wrote: »
    Oh a nice shiny thread!

Maz - this thread moves way faster than the pregnancy thread! think it's cos in the last few months all the chatty ones have moved over - me included!

Why, oh why does OH give me the laptop (MY Laptop, I must add!) to do my stuff and b00ger off just as Jack is about to wake up :mad::mad:

I'll probably not be on much over the next few days (Hooray, I hear you cry! ;)) - got visitors and stuff going on.

Dont be daft :D and grrr at you OH if its any consolation Lexi doesnt want me when Im sat next to her doing nothing but as soon as I get the [STRIKE]laptop[/STRIKE] washing out she demands to be sat on my knee / played with / fed ..... the list goes on!

''I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    Marilyn Monroe
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    My knee is hurting like a bu**er now! It's so stiff.

There isn't a space on the form for a character reference, first page is your details, second page is school qualifications and last job, then a page of other employment youv'e been in, then the last page has 2 things, "please give any further information you feel will support your applcation, including why you want to work for XXXX" and the REFERENCES, give 2, name address number etc.

Where would I put in details of being a SAHM? And what is my reason for wanting to work for them? I think putting "Im skint and need the dough" wouldnt work in my favour :p
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    button i remeber trying to get a job for the first time in 2006 when id been out of work snce 2002 (zoe being born) i just either left it blank or my cv which in it stated i had been a SAHM but listed the skills i had learnt from being one and two character refs x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Hi everyone :hello:

Was going to catch up, but as I havent been on since Sunday night, I decided against 20 odd pages, so please if someone can update me that would be great :)

I have just been to collect my babies portraits that I got done and they are FANTASTIC :j:j:D:D

Heres a wee look if you want to - dont worry about the reflections its just cuz I was taking a picture of a picture :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3649667&l=2897b6650f&id=714464922
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3649668&l=10b6b7de8b&id=714464922
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3649670&l=17667aa79d&id=714464922

Hope all is well for everyone :D
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2009 at 4:40PM
    elle_gee wrote: »
    I've got an alternating sleeping and screaming baby :( Waiting on a call from the nurses.. Four reasons on the leaflet why I shouldn't give him Calpol but I'm thinking they'll probably tell me I can :rolleyes:
    aww poor Rhysy babes! Ed is much the same. I'm in my PJs and need to get to MILs for tea she gets all shirty when we're 'late' :rolleyes:
    Grey here. Going to coffee morning tomorrow so hopefully will be nice enough for a walk. I'm okay, just feeling a little numb.

I want food! I'd love a big french stick filled with sliced egg, tomato and posh ham. What you having tonight? Chicken breasts and roast veg (sweet potato, carrot,, parsnip, swede and red onion) for me.

hope you get sort soon hun xx
    you're always having chicken and sweet pot :p

Just got an invite to a 1st bday party _party_
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    My knee is hurting like a bu**er now! It's so stiff.

There isn't a space on the form for a character reference, first page is your details, second page is school qualifications and last job, then a page of other employment youv'e been in, then the last page has 2 things, "please give any further information you feel will support your applcation, including why you want to work for XXXX" and the REFERENCES, give 2, name address number etc.

Where would I put in details of being a SAHM? And what is my reason for wanting to work for them? I think putting "Im skint and need the dough" wouldnt work in my favour :p

Put the SAHM in the "please give any further information you feel will support your applcation, including why you want to work for XXXX" section - maybe saying something like

Having been a SAHM since ....... (and enter the year - better than saying since I was 16) I am looking for a new challenge and feel this position would give me the opportunity to develop myself and offer you a great service as a ????? (whatever the post is)

As I have not been in paid employment since ....... I have put down 2 character references who may be contacted.

What is the job doing and who's it for? Can help u with the why u want to work for them then!

Thanks Sparkle
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

Where does the time go? :think:
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    lovely pics MM :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing