Problem with Lastminute.com

Options
Hi everyone. I booked my holiday with Lastminute 8 days ago. They took money out of my bank, but my holiday still not confirmed. (Wait while our team are processing your request).I tried to contact them 4 times and they just LIE to me that will update me in 24 hr and of course nothing happens. I am going very soon, just few weeks before my trip left and I am starting panicking as if in the end they will cancell it I will have to wait long to get my money back. They said that they are waiting for response from hotel and airline, but 8 days is too long. Does anyone been in the same situation?

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    No, I've not been in the same situation.
    But if you'd booked direct with the airline, you would have got immediate confirmation of your booking.
    Lastminute.com don't have live airline prices so don't be surprised if they come back to you and say the flight is unavailable at the price they advertised and they want more money.
  • MsN_2
    Options
    I will not be surprised at all. But I want to hear from them at least something.. no confirmations, no updates.. nothing 8 days already. By the way I think its illegal to advertise one price and claim more money after that. Will never use them again.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Eight days is excessively long to wait for the holiday to be confirmed.

Presumably you have double checked that nothing from them has come into your junk email folder.

I think after such a wait you are justified in asking them to cancel the booking request and ask for a refund. Should they still try to seek time extensions then perhaps contact your credit card provider and get them involved.

Lastminute.com and similar shonky overseas online travel providers are best avoided. People think they are being smart looking for the cheapest advertised price but get caught with poor service and ultimately pay more.
  • MsN_2
    Options
    Another phone call to them today and another lies about update in next few hours. Checked all the folders in my email including spam.. nothing from them
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    At this point I'd be on the phone to my bank and getting a charge back and booking direct.
  • AnnS52
    Options
    I also have a dispute with this company, which has been going on since 10th August. Within 30 minutes of making the original booking, which should have been for two people, I rang and spoke to customer service who said I would receive a full refund within 7 days. I also emailed them requesting they confirm this but within two hours, this email was returned, marked undeliverable. To cut a long story short, they have refused to make the refund as they say it is not within B.A. refund policy. I have now taken this issue up with my credit card company, who are looking into it for me. I emailed them last Friday and am still awaiting a reply, normally they send an email saying they will respond within 7 days. On their website it clearly states, that if you cancel the booking you will receive a refund back to the payment method used.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the flights were booked then the airline fare rules would apply for cancellation. Majority of tickets sold by third parties are non-refundable (the cheapest fare buckets)
    BA do offer a 24 hour free cancellation for customers that book direct with them. LastMinute, in line with other third party ticket floggers do not.
    If your reason for having to cancel is covered by your travel insurance, best speak to them
  • AnnS52
    Options
    This is what is on the website.

Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight?
    Yes, but the amount you'd be refunded would depend on your airline's cancellation and refund policy. As soon as your refunded amount is confirmed, it will be sent to you via the same method of payment you used to make your booking. However, please note that it may take several days for your reimbursement to appear in your account.

If you did not buy one of our Assistance Packages, you will be charged a Handling fee for the refund.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    AnnS52 wrote: »
    This is what is on the website.

Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight?
    Yes, but the amount you'd be refunded would depend on your airline's cancellation and refund policy. As soon as your refunded amount is confirmed, it will be sent to you via the same method of payment you used to make your booking. However, please note that it may take several days for your reimbursement to appear in your account.

If you did not buy one of our Assistance Packages, you will be charged a Handling fee for the refund.

So was the BA ticket you bought from Last-minute.com refundable or not?
    There are lots of different fares.
    Some are changeable, some aren't.
    If you'd bought direct from the airline you would have clearly seen what you were buying and what the options were.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I very much doubt that Lastminute sold anything but a non refundable ticket. They will be selling the cheapest option as that is what their customers are searching for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure