Laser Eye Surgery Cost Cutting Tips

1828384858688»

Comments

• Just got a call there.
    Did not budge on cost however, they offered me 24 months interest free.
    From anyone's experience, do they ever budge on cost from this point?
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It is amazing that somersetting so critical as eye surgery is sold as if it were a commodity in a souk .
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • People posting here seem to be basing their decision to risk their precious eyesight on the lowest cost.

Recommend you visit OERML website forum & Facebook & think again!
    (Can't add links because I don't have enough Brownie points!)
  • All your posts advertise Optical Express!!:rotfl:
  • Hi,
    Well, I did a LASIK eye surgery as well. I had some -2.5 power in both my eyes, though it was not a very high power but I had to do it anyway because I was have both cylindrical and spherical glass. So, I was unable to wear contact lenses also. It was blurr without specs and I felt lack of confidence wearing those specs. It was all scary when I first entered the operation theatre but then eventually it became easier. My eyes were all red after the operation and I had like 20 eye drops a day and a thousand precautions plus daily follow-ups. I was a living corpse for like one month.
    But now I feel amazing without specs and more confident. It's all clear now and I don't have to worry about removing my specs everytime I wash my face or have a bath or just anything.
  • Hi, just looking at the possibility of going through same.... new to site so not sure how to find your updates.... especially as was so long ago
    Any help/advice appreciated.
    Mark Pickering
  • Hi, read your thread. I am looking at going through exactly the same as yourself so would be interested in any outcomes.....
    But as a guy who has spent a life time in Sales & Marketing, would like to recommend things that you can try.... I know I'll be doing these when I have the finances...
    1. Get more consultations!! (Provided they are FREE)
    2. Make sure that each place you go to knows that they are NOT the only people you are/have consulted with.
    3. Get the best offers put in writing !!
    4. No one offers Interest Free finance without it costing THEM money!! Say that you are NOT interested as you want their BEST CASH DEAL!!
    5. Get a Copy of the Cheapest quote, and email a copy to all the other consulted Companies and see if they are willing to undercut for your business......
    6. Repeat step 5 as necessary so that the original cheapest get a chance to be exactly that again..
    7. Choose your option...
    Good Luck. Hope this Helps. Upfate me please.
    Regards
    Mark :beer:
  • TF03
    TF03 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,

So went to see Optical Express in Bluewater today. An ok experience. Nothing special. Had all the tests done (I use them for my eye tests anyway previously) and they have said I am ok for LASIK with their iDesign.
    My prescription isn't overly strong so they have quoted £2990 for both eyes which I believe is their base price for that treatment anyway (I am still going to see if they will move on that, but it's not a priority).

They have said that my pupil diameter is 7.2mm in both eyes. I asked the question about glare/starburst at night etc due to my pupil size (as prior reading suggested that 6.5mm was the maximum?).
    OE said that with their equipment and by having iDesign, it would still all be ok with my size pupils. Having done a bit of reading about again, there seems to be some conflicting evidence around about this?
    Does anyone have any more info on this or personal experiences?

I'm going to speak to the again on Friday and I'll ask for further clarification on the issue as well.

Cheers all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport