Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

1199200201202203205»

Comments

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    One of my friends has just said she's heard the tesco deals on holiday companies are going to be withdrawn at the end of July - has anyone else heard this or is it just hearsay?
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Littlesusie_2
    Littlesusie_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2010 at 10:24AM
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    One of my friends has just said she's heard the tesco deals on holiday companies are going to be withdrawn at the end of July - has anyone else heard this or is it just hearsay?

Argghhhhhh. I hope not.

I've checked the website and I can't find anything to say that all holidays are going. Some of them need to be ordered by 1st March 2011 and stays completed by Oct 2011.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Doesn't sound like they're vanishing in the next 4 days then!
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    I wonder if anyone else knows this.

I went into the Tesco garage the other day to pay for petrol and gave the girl my Clubcard and Clubcard Credit card. She then said to me that I did not have to use my Clubcard if I was paying by Tesco credit card as it was a Clubcard (I found the number on it now), but she added that if I used my CC Credit card to pay for anything I would get 3 points per £1 spent.

Now I've looked everywhere and cannot find anything about this and it says 1 point per £4 spent, but I seem to have collected a huge amount of points this quarter so figured this would make sense - but I do use the credit card for everything. I've got a 5k holiday to pay for so 3 points in every £1 would be more than useful and far outweighs the 2.5% card virgin are going to pay me.

Does anyone else know if this is true as I cannot for the life of me find info about this anywhere. Thanks.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I went into the Tesco garage the other day to pay for petrol and gave the girl my Clubcard and Clubcard Credit card. She then said to me that I did not have to use my Clubcard if I was paying by Tesco credit card as it was a Clubcard (I found the number on it now), but she added that if I used my CC Credit card to pay for anything I would get 3 points per £1 spent.......... Thanks.

She is right on part one, but wrong on part two of the above.
    If you are paying by a Tesco Credit Card (excluding the Bonus type) you will get both your ordinary clubcard points & your finance (tpf) points. The only time it is useful to use the clubcard, is when using the newer credit cards (with a clubcard no on the bottom) at the payatpump.
    In a Tesco store, with the credit card - normally for every £4 you spend you get 1 tpf point & 4 ordinary pts + 4 double pts, for fuel it will be 1 + 4 pts. And outside Tesco - only the tpf points.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • my tesco credit card did not give me any points last week at the self service petrol pump
    this has never happened before :mad:
    "what lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    my tesco credit card did not give me any points last week at the self service petrol pump
    this has never happened before :mad:

You said 'never happened before' - have you recently had one of the new style credit cards (with its own clubcard no on the bottom)? Tesco are apparently experiencing some 'technical problems' with self-service pumps and the credit cards for clubcard points - nb you will have had your 'finance points'.
    So, when next in store - see CSD with receipt and clubcard credit card, and they will put the points on. And, to be on the safe side, put in an ordinary clubcard or keyring card, then pay with credit card.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • I've had a letter from E-on, apologising for not adding all my Clubcard points and promising they will be added immediately.

I's not checked my bills against my statements, but you might wish to. Just in case.
  • Thread closed, new thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport