PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Comments

• dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon all. Thank you for the threads x

The snow has gone :)
    It is an insect day here. So I have a bored teen here. He doesn!!!8217;t want to go out.
    Mr T delivery put away
    Waiting for a package (shoes for dancepops)
    Towels washed
    Ground floor dysoned
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,916
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Piggers, I am glad you are getting some peace while someone else is sleeping, good luck on the dress fitting..

I have 5 I want to fit... I bought them and then found out I was having Twinkle so they are yet to fit again... They will though, I am determined.. I need about another inch off my torso to get my favourite one to fasten.. but one of the others fits perfectly but needs a bit of bust adjustment which I can't do by myself.. I need it pinning for me.

I want to do some painting but I can't do anything until my glitter is delivered tomorrow..

Ooh a very large fluffy black mog just appeared in my garden.. he looks like a bear! .. Meh.. mine will eat him.

oh buzzards... I'm going to get another cuppa and do my knitting, because I can!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,888
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The inside of the fridge is now degunged. I can't believe there has been still so much to do in the kitchen after spending 3 hours cleaning in there on Saturday.

Still no collection.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen wrote: »
    Iona.. she is a turd.. She is horrible when she is hungry like OH and horrible when she is tired, .. not at all like me :p ... and given she doesn't eat or sleep if she can help it we have a very grumpy little girl most of the time.

I've had food and a cuppa so I feel almost human.. so now I shall go attempt something useful.

I peeled a thing off the wall in DD3's new room and found.... a blooming great hole in my wall... fuming!!!! Anyway, it is now filled .. and the smaller one covered by Mr T tape! so I shall sand that a bit.. I am waiting for my glitter delivery which should be tomorrow and I shall crazk on with Meems room.. DS2 wants blue but I am thinking his may be greyed or cream with blue accessories.. it is MY house after all. Bless him, he even makes his bed in a morning! It is a new thing.. and he has no junk piled on his bed.. and his room is tidy.... he needs a bin though.. I shall add it to my immense shopping list!

Off to try on a dress, see if my weight loss enables me to fit in it!

What about a blue-grey/grey-blue? Might be a bit Farrow & Ball, but you can get relatively reasonably priced copies of such fanciness from the big orange DIY shed or direct from the manufacturer - I've got this one http://www.craigandrose.com/moonstone-grey downstairs - it looks blue if you put it with blue things (thus keeping the occupant happy) but will revert to grey if you put it next to other colours. I fell in love with how easy they were to tosh on the walls and absolutely detest Dulux since making the mistake of buying that for another room because the Offspring wanted purples (Wild Heather and Summat Else more of a Royal Purple colour).

I've got two absolutely insane weeks at work now. I'm knackered already. By the end of the fortnight I'll be needing Himself to come and collect me each night in a wheelbarrow.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Mumof2, you probably know MoD jobs are subject to security clearance. Because I was born in Germany (army brat) the agency I once worked for had not realised I was subject to an extra level of clearance, so my application had been put on the back burner. One phone call by me cleared it up, but if I hadn't chased it, I wouldn't have got the job. Five weeks is too long - can you or J ring them to see what's happening?
    I think J will be onto them tomorrow as taking such a very long time. Thanks lovely x
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Forumite
    Well done on the wardrobe sort, Dizzy. I don't know why a bit of disapointting news destroys a good mood, but sometimes it just does. I had the same thing happen last week. In the end I just told myself to get on with something I enjoyed and the *meh* passed, but it had thrown me completely for an hour or so.

Silicone sealant scraped out of the bath and the shower prior to me resealing them. Quite satisfying once you get going, but the bath obviously needed doing months ago - oooooops - and it took hours. I'd hoped to pop into T0t3m timber on the way back from the dentist to pick up a new tube of the sealant just in case the old one's past its best but they were shut. Such a shame, it means I'll have to stop work. However, Hobbycrap was still open so I managed to get a new pokey tool for hoiking out the last of the flecks of the stuff but as it's an H2H spend I'm not beating myself up.

But then I bought a metre of fabric and 5m of ribbon which I shouldn't have, but as they're stock investment spends for business I've forgiven myself. That's the trouble with spending money - it's so easy to justify it. *smack*
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,916
    Forumite
    jojo.. ty.. I like Johnstones paint.. and macphersons (also known as Crown) .. Dulux is rubbish.. and B&Q paint is rubbish too.. I've made both those mistakes. I'm not looking at doing DS's room until Meems is done..

Light fitting being replaced in the morning so I need to send someone to the binky for some quids...

TD on and WM

OH hung up wet stuff.

My poor old tum is very unhappy at the moment.. so I'm skipping dinner .. everyone else if fed though.

Squeak and Dot need flinging in the shower in my beautiful pretty clean bathroom.. <3 .. Pixie went in this morning.. and Twinkle can go in later.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One

[STRIKE]Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances - don't forget those icky handles![/STRIKE]

Level Two
    [STRIKE]
    Wipe and replace small appliances[/STRIKE]
    Clean oven and [STRIKE]hob
    Wash windows and sills[/STRIKE]

Level Three
    [STRIKE]
    Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge![/STRIKE]

Extras

Thoroughly clean the cutlery drawer!
    [STRIKE]Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle[/STRIKE]
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    Before you put the cloth in the wash - wipe the catflap!
    HHI
    A new month has started - make sure you have all cards needed!
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• The crud about the OHsXW is now sorted. He's going to the [strike]local dump[/strike] nearest comprehensive. He'll certainly be one of the smartest children there. And it's the shortest distance to run home to get out of trouble. Even though it will involve walking through the site of a fatal stabbing to do so. I obviously know the area and school better than either parent, but I'm not going to mention it. If she's got half an ounce of sense, she'll apply for a midyear transfer once she realises what it's like - but it could have been worse; I could have found the lad turning up on SIMS for this school from September - which would have been really awkward. :cool:

He actually got to see the lad for the first time in literally years tonight, just for an hour, but he's very happy. So much so, he's apparently cooking pie AND burgers _green_ and roasting up some spuds.

Wandered into the kitchen in search of a snack whilst he was out. And wandered straight back out again. How has he managed to fill the sink with washing up (in manky water, naturally) when there hasn't been any cooking today? And why are there more cans and jars back on the counter?

Trying to rein in my inner dragon, as he's getting somewhere with one job application and I'm very aware from the fact I seem to have developed the biggest b00bs in the world over the last hour or so that it's potentially a dangerous week for him where I'm concerned.

Bathrooms both look as immaculate today as they do any other time. Bedroom looks pretty good, too. There's a mountain of GuitarTwat related gibble on the spare bed which makes it impossible to sit on it, but if he's disappearing up there again after dinner, following the weekend where he hasn't even noticed I've gone to bed for hours (and was a little put out/'Oh. You didn't say Goodnight to me' about it), I'm going straight to bed for a relaxing time listening to the radio.

He and the cats are all probably safer that way.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Everyone's been so busy! Rely on me to let the side down....I think the sum total productiveness for today has been to empty the DW, run the WM, reheat dinner and WULTD afterwards. DH has put out the recycling bins for tomorrow so is expecting his halo shined and everlasting pats on the back. Errrr - sorry - but who actually sorted the recycling out into the bins??

LW - well done on the inspection, absolutely deserved.
    Dizzy - go you with the wardrobe clearance.
    Jazee - I hope your person turned up.

Hugs, sticks and spoons all round to those in need. Please help yourselves. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure