IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS Parking - CCCF Letter - MCOL: Defence help

Comments

• ajplag
    ajplag Posts: 28 Forumite
    any help or advice on my defence would be much appreciated :)
  • ajplag
    bumping this to the top of the tree, hopefully someone can offer some advice?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I assume that I should attach all pictures to this part of the claim or in the witness statement?
    No attachments, no photos yet. Evidence comes later with your WS.
    Also that i still have time to submit in the next 48 hours based on below timescales?
    Yes - just - but you should email the defence today IMHO.

The defence appears to cover the bases you need. I would add that it is believed that Jake Burgess is not an employee of VCS, as claimed, and is not a person with any personal knowledge of the site or circumstances or facts of the case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ajplag
    Yes - just - but you should email the defence today IMHO.
    Submitted through MCOL however there was an error so the text couldn't be sent. I have emailed the court with the ticket error reference that was generated along with a word doc version of my defence. I assume that this will be accepted as there is no other means other than letter which will arrive out of the allocated AOS time slot.

I have also emailed VCS with a copy of this exact defence.

I'll keep you posted on next steps :)
  • Coupon-mad
    We didn't say to submit the defence by MCOL. The NEWBIES thread post #2 tells you not to because it removes all the formatting so it reads atrociously even if MCOL works.

You didn't have to email it to VCS.

Glad to hear you emailed it to the CCBC email addy - you used the right one as discussed on umpteen hundred threads?
  • ajplag
    We didn't say to submit the defence by MCOL. The NEWBIES thread post #2 tells you not to because it removes all the formatting so it reads atrociously even if MCOL works.
    apologies for not following completely
    Glad to hear you emailed it to the CCBC email addy - you used the right one as discussed on umpteen hundred threads?
    it was originally emailed to the customer services address on the ticket, but the auto response pointed me to cbcaq at hmcts.gsi.gov.uk address and I emailed them. Should I be covering my tracks with anyone else?
  • Coupon-mad
    An extra 'c' - was your version above a typo?

ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Claim number and the word 'DEFENCE' in the Subject line of course.
  • ajplag
    yeah that was a typo, submitted with the correct subject line
  • ajplag
    Morning all,

This progressing along nicely. VCS have until the 31st August to pay the court fee and we have a court date set for the 29th September.

A quick discussion point to add. VCS no longer issue fines on this site with their documentation, these are now down by myparkingcharge . co . uk > Another subsidiary of Excel which VCS will also sit under?

Does this bear mentioning in my defence at all? I'm unsure if this has any standing in my case but is worth highlighting to the judge the tactics that are being used?

Thanks,

ajplag
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Personally, I don't think it's material and adds anything. A bit of a red herring. See if others concur - or have a different view.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport